E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #21
Tw3ak3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 39
My Ride: 323it
wow. this thread shows no mercy!
Tw3ak3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #22
zander271
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,383
My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw3ak3d View Post
wow. this thread shows no mercy!
Should you expect anything less LOL?!
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 PM   #23
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 23,071
My Ride: 2002 330i
Are you in NYC? You will regret dropping your car.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #24
OneOfaKindTrini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Queens
Posts: 647
My Ride: 540i w/ 3 Pedals..
NYC.. Lowered car?
__________________
07 C280 4M Arctic White(AW) headlightTHEORY
Photobucket
OneOfaKindTrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #25
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Like I said on your other thread in the Convertible Forum: Just drive it. You have a nice car for your age. Can you swing a $1,000 suspension job when stuff breaks?
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #26
Nightmare5336
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 741
My Ride: e46 with a slushy
I don't get why people bother adding small gains with big money

prolly 20hp max out of his mods and easily spent over $600
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc336 View Post
DUMB YOUR MOM.
Nightmare5336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #27
DangerousMind
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay area
Posts: 992
My Ride: Sierra 1500 SLT
Just cut the springs.

Because racecar.
__________________
DangerousMind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #28
e30mike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 186
My Ride: 325i
Since you don't want coils it's not really gonna be slammed, but H&R cup kit will make it look way better.
__________________
e30mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #29
farmdog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 697
My Ride: Food Truck
Cut your srings with a torch.
__________________
farmdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #30
TheTrickyTruth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 52
My Ride: 2001 325i
__________________
TheTrickyTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #31
bimminge46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SE Michigan/NW Ohio
Posts: 2,040
My Ride: 323Ci, 89 325i ETA
haha 16 years old with a bimmer uh oh


Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Are you in NYC? You will regret dropping your car.
take a ride out to the poorest states in america, we laid off half of our county road workers for good. I'm lowered here and I don't have problems. You just have to take 1 road north south east and west all the other roads will ruin your car/wheels. Sucks because it takes twice as long to get to places.
__________________


E30 in progress.





Last edited by bimminge46; 08-18-2011 at 12:16 PM.
bimminge46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #32
SJZach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Jersey/ Wilmington NC
Posts: 379
My Ride: orient blue 325xi
Every one needs to get over 16-18 year olds having e46s. There not really expensive Anymore....
__________________
Zach
Bimmerfest East '11 attendee
progress thread http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=969658
SJZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #33
dmax
Registered User
 
dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 22,858
My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJZach View Post
Every one needs to get over 16-18 year olds having e46s. There not really expensive Anymore....
That's not the issue. It's that they're more expensive to maintain properly, and many young ones are spending the money they don't have on aesthetic mods (like lowering for the look and not the track) and then have to buy cheaper aftermarket 'real parts' because they want to save $20...and it all starts going downhill from there.

They're making poor decisions with regards maintaining the handling, performance, functionality, and safety of the car.
__________________


Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set Skip to 1:30
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #34
k.beans
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OR and PA
Posts: 168
My Ride: 1992 Audi URs4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
That's not the issue. It's that they're more expensive to maintain properly, and many young ones are spending the money they don't have on aesthetic mods (like lowering for the look and not the track) and then have to buy cheaper aftermarket 'real parts' because they want to save $20...and it all starts going downhill from there.

They're making poor decisions with regards maintaining the handling, performance, functionality, and safety of the car.

I agree however i think some of us (including myself) did some rather poor things to some of our first cars. We all have to learn somehow...

To the OP, define 'slamming it' because i come from the vw community where slamming it literally means putting it on the ground. If you just want to 'lower it' just get a cup kit or zhp package like previously suggested.
k.beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #35
SJZach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Jersey/ Wilmington NC
Posts: 379
My Ride: orient blue 325xi
I guess that's just some teenagers... I Got an e46 because my dad has 170k + on his and is very familiar with them so we can work on mine. They aren't real expensive to maintain if you do the maintenance yourself.
__________________
Zach
Bimmerfest East '11 attendee
progress thread http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=969658
SJZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:07 AM   #36
328redleather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Queens
Posts: 233
My Ride: 328ci white/red
drop springs aren't even worth it! they will take away that smooth bmw ride and the drop will be so little its barely noticeable. if you want to drop it go all the way and slam it or go home!! (just watch out for potholes unless u don't care about your oil pan getting left behind lol)
328redleather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:14 AM   #37
zander271
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,383
My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.beans View Post
I agree however i think some of us (including myself) did some rather poor things to some of our first cars. We all have to learn somehow...

To the OP, define 'slamming it' because i come from the vw community where slamming it literally means putting it on the ground. If you just want to 'lower it' just get a cup kit or zhp package like previously suggested.
I know my 92 and 97 jetta I always had to look in the parking lot first. Some of the speed bumps I could not drove over! LOL
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:18 AM   #38
325rider
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 2,567
My Ride: gone, not forgotten
Send a message via AIM to 325rider
16 and he owns a 5-10 thousand dollar 2001 bmw 3 series PROBABLY WITH BLOWN SHOCKS and wants good sensible advice.
THIS IS FVCKING MAINTENENCE Sounds straight with me. I rather read this thread than have to tell some of you dumb@sses why reverse staggering your wheels doesn't make sense Get off your "I bought my BMW the hard way and it wasnt given to me" high horses. All you haters are just that, jealous haters. Stop hatin' and start mirin'.

PS: I was 16 when I got my 3 series guess what i drive now


But hey thats just advice. You can bash this kid however you want. You can say whatever the fvck yous wanna say
Good luck OP
__________________


Schrick 264/248 | Ebay Headers | AA dyno tune | SSR GT2 18x9 | 3.46 | Full OEM Mtech 2

My Fitness YouTube Channel!!! Thanks for all the support I am GRATEFUL

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCozwn8gNwXQVuG0se8cTpUQ

Last edited by 325rider; 08-19-2011 at 01:25 AM.
325rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:44 AM   #39
kermitthefloer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,211
My Ride: 04 330ci/ 99 S70
Do not get eibach sportlines unless your replacing shocks and also front camber plates. They will wear your stock suspension parts pretty quick. Go with HR sport not race. You do not want a ridiculous drop. I have coils and could do without, does make my car sexy though lol
__________________
kermitthefloer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:50 AM   #40
LivesNearCostco
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 769
My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6MT
Because there are no big gains for small money available on our cars! It's not like the BMW 335 where a simple chip can give you +30 or more HP. I would probably spend $600 to get 20 HP at the crank in my 330i. Of course I've been doing maintenance first and looking at suspension next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare5336 View Post
I don't get why people bother adding small gains with big money

prolly 20hp max out of his mods and easily spent over $600
__________________
Lowering my car's resale value one track day at a time...
LivesNearCostco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
330ci, bmw, drop, springs, suspension

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use