E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2016, 10:19 PM   #1
fortysixnick

My Ride: Topaz Blue '03 330Ci
Opinions On Selling/Trading E46 For E36/Another E46?

Title says all, but allow me to go into more depth before you answer this question... I have a '03 330Ci ZSP with around 130k on it and I absolutely love it.
It is my first car, yes.
Only flaw is that it's not a ZHP and it's not manual.(didn't care when I got it, but YANNO)
I mean it's really not too expensive to make it look like a ZHP, but the transmission...

I REALLY want a car to "build" on and I'm only 18 and have this summer and my senior year till I'm out doing my own thing.
I'm just really ready for a car I can be more proud of/modify and feel like it's actually worth it.
So that's why I think maybe a trade or selling the E46 for a decently nice standard E36 328(maybe even M3?) with some mileage would be better for me?
If I were to get a 328I/328IS I would just do my best to make it look like an M.

The 330 has a few cosmetic things to fix up first but it could easily go for around $5K/$6k I'm sure. She runs amazing and looks great.(can't take pictures currently and I'm on my desktop so )

IDK, feel free to leave your opinion on what I should do.
Feel like a lot of you might have been in this position at one point or still are and can help!
ALSO I just got a job for $10/hr for the summer as a part time cashier so take that as you please also.

Last edited by fortysixnick; 05-20-2016 at 10:28 PM.
fortysixnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
KawiNinjaZX

My Ride: 2000 323i Gold 5spd
These cars cost a fair amount to maintain, and if you go with an e36 it's going to be even older. If your car is reliable I would keep it, or if you sell it for $6k buy a car for $3k, take a week vacation and use some of the left over money to make it a reliable daily driver.
KawiNinjaZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:19 PM   #3
fortysixnick

My Ride: Topaz Blue '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiNinjaZX View Post
These cars cost a fair amount to maintain, and if you go with an e36 it's going to be even older. If your car is reliable I would keep it, or if you sell it for $6k buy a car for $3k, take a week vacation and use some of the left over money to make it a reliable daily driver.
Well it's not hard to find one that's been treated well, but I understand what you're saying.
In my year and a half or so of ownership, only a few fairly cheap things have needed to be fixed, thanks to the owner before haha.
I'll see what I can do this summer.

Might end up just saving $2k and buying an E36 to work on while keeping the 330..
IDK I just want an E36 really badly for some reason
fortysixnick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e36, e46 trade for e36, trading e46, trading e46 for e36