E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
ImPulSe

My Ride: Bentley GT
Question Any HGH Fanatics here?

I've tried all the stupid supplements in the past and I want to try something more legit but not roids, even though they are probably on the same level as hgh... I don't plan on going crazy with muscles and I am more interested in the overall health use of hgh and its benefits.

For those that are prescribed hgh, what are the pros/cons that you've had so far? From what I've researched, it appears there's different types/brands/uses as well?

just looking for some basic info
ImPulSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:16 PM   #2
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: 2015 Yas Marina M4
Good thread. Subscribed! I've considered HGH too, but I'm a chicken. I admit it.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
ImPulSe

I've spent $300+/month on stupid stuff like protein powders, creatine, pump crap, fat burners, test boosters, hormone/steroid pills, etc... In the end, you lose it all after stopping. I've probably ingested a lot of stupid crap as well since none of it is fda approved, if that even matters.

Aside from all the BS above I know it all comes down to diet, heart rate monitoring, sleep and proper exercises. I know how to do all of this stuff.

I'm just curious to know how HGH can help build muscle (at low doses) and the other health benefits.

I've watched a bunch of YT vids and read articles but they are all pushing stupid pill products/affiliate links. I am only interested in injectable HGH options as these tend to be the legit type? correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 05-05-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSe View Post
I've watched a bunch of YT vids and read articles but they are all pushing stupid pill products/affiliate links. I am only interested in injectable HGH options as these tend to be the legit type? correct me if I'm wrong!
I believe that the injected HGH is more potent, but I'm not expert either. I've dated a few women who have (...or currently do) use HGH. It works. That much is certain.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:46 AM   #5
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSe View Post
I'm just curious to know how HGH can help build muscle (at low doses) and the other health benefits.
My only experience with HGH is talking with a few people I know that are currently taking it. First and foremost, it's EXPENSIVE! If you cannot get insurance to cover it, you're looking at upwards of $500-$1000/month. I can also confirm this as I did a consult for myself when I tore my MCL and wanted to cut my recovery time down. Also, true HGH can only be injected and must be refrigerated. HGH cannot be absorbed through the stomach, so all these HGH knock-offs you see will not work, even IF they actually contain real HGH...

Secondly, it's a slow process. Expect to not see any real muscle building results for 6+ months. Keep in mind, we're talking low doses. Double or triple the dose then I'm sure you'll see faster results, but then side effects come into play.

The people I know generally look healthier. Almost have a glow to them. Healthy looking skin, bright eyes, shiny hair, etc.. They say recovery times from workouts are next to nothing. They say they heal faster.
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:19 AM   #6
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
My only experience with HGH is talking with a few people I know that are currently taking it. First and foremost, it's EXPENSIVE! If you cannot get insurance to cover it, you're looking at upwards of $500-$1000/month. I can also confirm this as I did a consult for myself when I tore my MCL and wanted to cut my recovery time down. Also, true HGH can only be injected and must be refrigerated. HGH cannot be absorbed through the stomach, so all these HGH knock-offs you see will not work, even IF they actually contain real HGH...

Secondly, it's a slow process. Expect to not see any real muscle building results for 6+ months. Keep in mind, we're talking low doses. Double or triple the dose then I'm sure you'll see faster results, but then side effects come into play.

The people I know generally look healthier. Almost have a glow to them. Healthy looking skin, bright eyes, shiny hair, etc.. They say recovery times from workouts are next to nothing. They say they heal faster.

To add to this, HGH can potentially stimulate cancer cells.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #7
pakman3

My Ride: piece
ben & jerries every night crew
Old 05-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #8
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post

This is good feedback.

Just to add...
- Getting it from an anti-aging clinic will cost $1k/mo. or more.
- Aside from the possible legal issues, getting it through extralegal channels opens you up to the possibility of getting fake or partially fake product.
- Generally, if you're paying less than $450 or $500 per "kit," it's either very diluted or completely fake.
- "Therapeutic" dosage is 2-3iu/day. This will impact you in more of a broad/general way than in building a ton of new muscle.
- Even therapeutic doses have a huge impact on how the body processes carbs. A guy I know who's used GH for quite a while likes to joke that he can eat a whole cheesecake before bed and wake up leaner.
- Anything above 2-3iu/day is getting into "sports medicine."
- A lot of bodybuilders will say they're taking huge doses, perhaps 10iu/day. They are most likely telling you what they're injecting, rather than their real dose. Accounting for the dilution, they're probably taking 4iu, if they're taking GH at all.
- The effects listed in the last paragraph ("general glow") is accurate, although some people experience joint pain, even at therapeutic levels.
- The effects are not immediate. It takes a while. I'd suggest less than six months, but if you're not able/willing to do it long-term, it's probably not worth it.

The people I know who've used (real) GH love it, without exception. I have a medical condition for which GH is an experimental treatment. Given the opportunity, I wouldn't hesitate to sign up for GH as an alternative to my current medication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #9
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
To add to this, HGH can potentially stimulate cancer cells.
...and that's why I'm not risking it

“I wanted [Jimmy] Carter in and I wanted [Ford] out,” comedian Chevy Chase would later admit of his mocking Ford impersonation on "Saturday Night Live", “and I figured look, we're reaching millions of people every weekend, why not do it."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:33 AM   #10
ImPulSe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
...and that's why I'm not risking it
lots of stuff can cause cancer....