E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #221
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Have you ever done them?
Yes. I've gone up to 275 x 8 or 135 x 20 (my maxes for weight and reps, respectively) on front squat and, while I'll concede they are massively uncomfortable, I would suggest you're doing something wrong if you are on the verge of blacking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #222
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
idk how you can choke out from box front squats, or front squats in general. The bar is on my clavicle, not my throat.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #223
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
I gotta start front squatting more... gotta get my clean form/grip up.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:40 AM   #224
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
yo glight nah man never really do. my coach swears against it. when i was a lot stronger a year or so ago i threw up 400 something for a few. just get much more out of front squats imo.

did 2 DB's on the lunges.

i dont really see the need for box squatting. just my opinion though. im pretty much set on going ass to ankles whenever i can. thats a squat to me. and if youre almost blacking out its probably just your breathing technique. theres a lot of people that actually struggle with that

Last edited by BreakMyWallet; 09-29-2011 at 03:42 AM.
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #225
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
why would one do box squats vs regular?

I saw someone at the gym once doing it down on a bench and I know they were doing it wrong because their backs were bending and it looked like the weight was compressing their spines.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #226
B_Cyrus
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post

I saw someone at the gym once doing it down on a bench and I know they were doing it wrong because their backs were bending and it looked like the weight was compressing their spines.
I wish I could explain it, but it has to do with the rocking motion and the explosive action on your heels. It's all about the heels and sitting as far back as you can on the heels. It's also good for getting rid of the habit a lot of people have of squatting with their knees over their toes.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #227
jelani

My Ride: looking for a ride
Quote:

Box squats help your Fast-twitch muscles, its an explosive exercise that helps your power output, if you do them use light weights 30LBS or so and use bands if you have them for resistance, due 12/15 reps for 3 sets, I would do these once or twice a week no more
jelani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #228
B_Cyrus
Banned User

Don't mention band box squats..... hell on earth
Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #229
jelani

Talking

QUOTE=B_Cyrus;13634562]Don't mention band box squats..... hell on earth [/QUOTE]

I here you man they do hurt I would just do light sqauts with bands and do them really fast like your trying to jump but don't leave the growned, this works just as well but with less stress on your joints
Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #230
BreakMyWallet

im going to post a workout in a little. i ate wayyyyy too much crap at the food truck festival last night.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #231
jelani

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
im going to post a workout in a little. i ate wayyyyy too much crap at the food truck festival last night.
Food and beer sounds like a great time
Old 10-02-2011, 05:49 AM   #232
BreakMyWallet

4 rounds. density type workout

- Bulgarian split jumps- 8 each leg
- Rotational reverse lunge with 80 lb curl bar, 8 each side
- Mountain climbers- 50
- goblet squats with 115lb db- 10
- 4 ft box jumps- 10
- divebomer + Plyo- 12 each
Old 10-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #233
BreakMyWallet

did a workout a couple days ago in the weightroom. finally got to clean and drop the weight. needless to say im VERY SORE.

- hang cleans- 4x5- ended with 263LB

- front squats- 3x8- 235LB
<
- GHR- 3x8- 45 LB sandbell

- Kettblebell swings- 2x20-72 LB
<
- Sandbag rotational lunge- 2x20- 75LB bag

finisher: xband squats- get 2 thick bands, wrap it around your foot and over your head to the opposite shoulder. 2 bands make an X. do sets of 10 then rest for 10 seconds. i went to 100. and they are absolutely brutal.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #234
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Do they have 1.5lb weights at your gym? If not how did you get 263 lol...clamps?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #235
DylloS

Why do some people do hang cleans instead of a full power clean? Is it just a different workout pretty much.

I got my home gym set up last night and was practicing power cleans and I had my friend video me and I have a lot to learn. The form is tough to get down
Old 10-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #236
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Why do some people do hang cleans instead of a full power clean? Is it just a different workout pretty much.

I got my home gym set up last night and was practicing power cleans and I had my friend video me and I have a lot to learn. The form is tough to get down
A power clean is almost like a deadlift + a hang power clean. If the deadlift portion isn't necessary for your training a lot of people will foxy just on the hang portion. That's the explosive part of the movement which is why you see a lot of athletes do just that. It takes some of the movin parts out of the equation too, so try can be a little easier to learn.

Post those videos. We can help with form here. Just work on each of the 3 pulls individually and drill te starting and finishing points for each. Then slowly put it all together.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #237
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Incline Db
Warmup
Dips
Flies
Abs
Run

Easy enough day...
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #238
jelani

Quote:

Clean form is tuff but once you get it you won't forget it It is harder to do a full clean because it requires you sit back and that is an unconfortable position, also at the begining it is easier to use your arms to jerk the bar up instead dipping down and shrugging your shoulders to force the bar up, keep practicing though it will come and you will be stronger, quicker and more explosive
Old 10-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #239
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
A power clean is almost like a deadlift + a hang power clean. If the deadlift portion isn't necessary for your training a lot of people will foxy just on the hang portion. That's the explosive part of the movement which is why you see a lot of athletes do just that. It takes some of the movin parts out of the equation too, so try can be a little easier to learn.

Post those videos. We can help with form here. Just work on each of the 3 pulls individually and drill te starting and finishing points for each. Then slowly put it all together.
Ok maybe I will when I get a chance. Problem is they're on my phone so they'll come out really sh1tty. I'll get my gfs flip this week to get better quality. I was watching some videos and I think my problem is I don't shoot my elbows under quick enough and I was a little afraid to throw the weight up on my shoulders. When I watch videos people seem to just let it hit their shoulders and collarbone area
Old 10-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #240
BreakMyWallet

We use kilos matt. x2.2.