E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #1621
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
haha, that was definitely the hardest part of that workout. I was cruising until then. I'll see how the legs feel tomorrow but I think I will be ok, I usually do heavy legs once a week so I'm fairly conditioned...but we will have to see
you are pooched I think
Old 02-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #1622
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
you are pooched I think
Feel fine and ready to rock at the gym today!

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #1623
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:

Today was 20 205lb front squats, 20 30 inch box jumps, 20 kettle bell swings and 50 freaking wall balls for time.

Thank god I have tomorrow off
Did this after deadlifts yesterday. Pretty good little workout. Forgot to time it though
Old 02-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #1624
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
If you got sore from Cindy and did this, I would guess the soreness is delayed and tomorrow sitting/standing will feel like an Olympic event

Wall balls feel like you're trying to kill yourself. I can box jump all day, KB swing all day, pretty good at front squats...two wall balls and I'm nearly hyperventilating.
You'd love "Karen". 150 wallballs for time. I think it took me like 9 minutes lol.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #1625
Act of God

Can someone give me something for today? I want this entire week to be new stuff, please go easy on my legs! I was thinking about starting off with push presses.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."

Last edited by Act of God; 02-07-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #1626
DylloS

Quote:
Can someone give me something for today? I want this entire week to be new stuff, please go easy on my legs! I was thinking about starting off with push presses.
You're a pretty strong guy if I can remember but I did this one a while back. You may want to do more weight. Surprisingly the first 21 were easier than the last 9.

21-15-9
105lb Push Press
Burpees

Finished in 8:01 if I remember correctly. Wasn't too bad on the legs at all. It's short so you can do another one after if you'd like. I thoroughly enjoy making these up so if you give me ideas of what you want to do I'll be more than happy to suggest some things.

Last edited by DylloS; 02-07-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #1627
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
You're a pretty strong guy if I can remember but I did this one a while back. You may want to do more weight. Surprisingly the first 21 were easier than the last 9.

21-15-9
105lb Push Press
Burpees

Finished in 8:01 if I remember correctly. Wasn't too bad on the legs at all. It's short so you can do another one after if you'd like. I thoroughly enjoy making these up so if you give me ideas of what you want to do I'll be more than happy to suggest some things.
You are Satan that was hell. I forgot to time it but it was somewhere under ten... Other than that no clue could have been anything

Old 02-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #1628
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
You are Satan that was hell. I forgot to time it but it was somewhere under ten... Other than that no clue could have been anything
I'm usually trying to not puke up an organ after these types of things. The coach at my CF gym got pissed the other night bc I had no clue what my time was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #1629
DylloS

Quote:
Glad you hated it lol. I've had a bunch of guys do this one. Ranging from 8-19 minutes.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #1630
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Glad you hated it lol. I've had a bunch of guys do this one. Ranging from 8-19 minutes.
I may try that one tomorrow. My squats almost killed me today.... 50 total reps at 315....fvck

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #1631
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
I may try that one tomorrow. My squats almost killed me today.... 50 total reps at 315....fvck

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
God damn! I'm going to do that soon. I felt really good today in the squat rack and my power cleans felt fantastic once again.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 02-07-2013 at 10:13 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #1632
YOLO89

My Ride: Hooptie
Anyone got a new AB workout?? I need a new routine as my abs are practically never sore.
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #1633
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
Anyone got a new AB workout?? I need a new routine as my abs are practically never sore.
Soreness doesn't mean anythjnf
Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #1634
YOLO89

Quote:
Soreness doesn't mean anythjnf
I know that I have results but I just miss the feeling of having my abs sore. It's a weird want I know haha
Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #1635
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
you know, most people on this forum say "engage your abdominal muscles on every lift," and I would have to agree(after years of disbelief). You really need to focus on flexing your entire body when you do your lift. It is easy to leave part of your body limp, and just lift with whatever you are trying to focus on. Once you teach your mind and your body to fully engage in your lifts, then you will be in the money. I just really started to get this about a month ago, and I've been lifting for the better part of 10 years.

Or you can be like this guy

dont be like this guy

B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #1636
YOLO89

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
you know, most people on this forum say "engage your abdominal muscles on every lift," and I would have to agree(after years of disbelief). You really need to focus on flexing your entire body when you do your lift. It is easy to leave part of your body limp, and just lift with whatever you are trying to focus on. Once you teach your mind and your body to fully engage in your lifts, then you will be in the money. I just really started to get this about a month ago, and I've been lifting for the better part of 10 years.

Or you can be like this guy

dont be like this guy

Yes I agree many people don't know how to engage their abdominals when lifting. People tend to love to engage their back muscles though when lifting by swinging or bridging up their back when benching or chest pressing.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #1637
Act of God

Quote:
Feel free to give me a Friday workout to end my "do different stuff" week. Thank you!

Old 02-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #1638
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Feel free to give me a Friday workout to end my "do different stuff" week. Thank you!
Do you have access to kettle bells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #1639
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Lift properly and you won't really need to do ab workouts.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #1640
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Do you have access to kettle bells?
That's the only thing we don't have, I was using 25lb plates (the kind with holes in them) for swings. I go to Gold's, which in my area is a pretty hardcore meat head gym.