E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 08-24-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
bekkerhenk

My Ride: '01 320d
Talking New to the club!!

Hi guys. I'm from Beaufort West, a small village in South Africa. My previous car was a E30 325i BMW which I first turbo'd and then decided to do a V8 transplant. Because the BMW v8's are so bloody expensive here I decided to go for the Toyota 1UZFE 4litre V8 out of the LS400 Lexus.

After lots off blood, sweat and tears a guy offered me a veeeery good price for the car and because I have to drive a lot of long distances, I decided to go for a 320d.

I found a 2001 320d for a good price and although it had some technical issues, I decidied that it was worth the try. The drivetrain was in good nick so the expensive bits was covered.

After replacing a rear wheelbearing, tappetcover breather, turbo gasket and some trimmings I had a beautiful car. It gives me an average of 6.8l/100km with mixed driving so I'm happy with that after the 13l/100km the V8 gave me.

So that's my story of staying in the BMW family. Next one is going to be a 330d, maybe an E90 but I'll settle for another E46.

I still have some small issues to sort out so I will definitely see you guys in the technical forums.

Njoy!!!
bekkerhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
KateDaring52
Banned

My Ride: bmw-2006
Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
KateDaring52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
rong1944

My Ride: 330i
Starting problems

Good morning to all from West Tennesse

I have a 2001 330i that my son drives. He was headed off to school this morning, and came back in and said his car wouln't start. He took my truck to school so I could check it out. This has happened a couple times before, and each time, it seemed to resolve itself.

It cranks fine, but seems to not be getting fuel. He parks in the driveway which has some slant, so I thought he might be too low on fuel. That's not the problem. He does not lock the car, because the battery is weak in his key (remote).

Anyone know if the anti-theft mechanism can shut off the fuel? If so, how do I reset it?
rong1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
If he doesn't lock his car, the fuel tank is unlocked. Someone could be stealing gas from him or something
Old 08-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
PM Kpeng. he will send you guys the E46Fanatics T shirt and the stickers.

Make SURE to PM him before the 27th.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rong1944 View Post
Good morning to all from West Tennesse

I have a 2001 330i that my son drives. He was headed off to school this morning, and came back in and said his car wouln't start. He took my truck to school so I could check it out. This has happened a couple times before, and each time, it seemed to resolve itself.

It cranks fine, but seems to not be getting fuel. He parks in the driveway which has some slant, so I thought he might be too low on fuel. That's not the problem. He does not lock the car, because the battery is weak in his key (remote).

Anyone know if the anti-theft mechanism can shut off the fuel? If so, how do I reset it?
Anti theft mechanism could definitely shut off the fuel. My M5 has done this several times and I have to physically GET OUT of my car and lock it and unlock it to reset the anti theft.

Key here is GET OUT since the car is smart enough to tell by weight whether someone is in the seat or not.
Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
PM Kpeng. he will send you guys the E46Fanatics T shirt and the stickers.

Make SURE to PM him before the 27th.
I hate you.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
MikeyD107

My Ride: BMW 320d sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekkerhenk View Post
Hi guys. I'm from Beaufort West, a small village in South Africa. My previous car was a E30 325i BMW which I first turbo'd and then decided to do a V8 transplant. Because the BMW v8's are so bloody expensive here I decided to go for the Toyota 1UZFE 4litre V8 out of the LS400 Lexus.

After lots off blood, sweat and tears a guy offered me a veeeery good price for the car and because I have to drive a lot of long distances, I decided to go for a 320d.

I found a 2001 320d for a good price and although it had some technical issues, I decidied that it was worth the try. The drivetrain was in good nick so the expensive bits was covered.

After replacing a rear wheelbearing, tappetcover breather, turbo gasket and some trimmings I had a beautiful car. It gives me an average of 6.8l/100km with mixed driving so I'm happy with that after the 13l/100km the V8 gave me.

So that's my story of staying in the BMW family. Next one is going to be a 330d, maybe an E90 but I'll settle for another E46.

I still have some small issues to sort out so I will definitely see you guys in the technical forums.

Njoy!!!
mine does 5.6L/100km and is also a 320d but a facelift '03, some faster driving will only get the overall up to 5.7 but rarely happens though, on highways it does a sweet 4.6
MikeyD107 is offline   Reply With Quote