E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
umnitza orion lite question

both rings are wired into a little silver box, whats is it and what's the need? can't i just cut the pink and white wires and connect to the leads on my old system? just replacing the rings

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
DJblack323i

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
just installed my orion lites a couple days ago. pretty sure its a ballast. cant help with whether you should cut them or not.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
jmejiaa

My Ride: 2002 M3
Pretty sure it reduces the voltage coming to the LED's. Why get rid of it? My advice is to leave em as they came from the vendor.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
use the boxes. otherwise the product will fail
Old 04-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
wasp9166
ima touching member

well that's done, but they don't look like they are opaque, and i can't even take a pic to post, when looking at them they are lit up fine, but in my camera they are continuously flashing............anyone ever seen this?

Quote:
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
Old 04-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
SilverBullet330i

My Ride: 2001 Bmw 330i
The flashing is a trick of the camera. All LEDs that are filmed or photographed do that and the silver box reduces the power coming in so they don't blow I believe

Current 2007 E90 335i | JB4 G5| BMS DCI | V710 19x8.5, 19x9.5
Sold 2001 330i M Sport|MTech 2|35% Tint|Orion V2|EE LED Tails|6K Fogs|aFe Stage 2 CAI|Tri-Stiched M3 Steering wheel|Koni Yellow w/ Tein Springs|BimmerBrakes SS Headers[/COLOR]
SilverBullet330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
wasp9166
ima touching member

interesting, the mycarrs i had didn't do that in the camera.......................soooooooooo how does umnitza have pics? special camera?

Quote:
Old 04-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
SilverBullet330i

My Ride: 2001 Bmw 330i
Were your mycarrs led? And yea they probably use a dslr camera and slow down or speed up the shutter, I'm not sure which

Current 2007 E90 335i | JB4 G5| BMS DCI | V710 19x8.5, 19x9.5
Sold 2001 330i M Sport|MTech 2|35% Tint|Orion V2|EE LED Tails|6K Fogs|aFe Stage 2 CAI|Tri-Stiched M3 Steering wheel|Koni Yellow w/ Tein Springs|BimmerBrakes SS Headers[/COLOR]
SilverBullet330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
wasp9166
ima touching member

yes, i see

Quote:
Old 04-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
wasp9166
ima touching member

so i did some searching, and guess what

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-LED-SMD-A...73cf3b&vxp=mtr

packaging, construction, all items, wiring, same exact thing, and i mean EXACTLY

AND, i wouldn't have had to pay $35 extra for "opaque" and shipping

posted this so you guys can see for yourselves, knocking a vendor or not

are you that ebay seller umnitza? if so , why are you charging members here more than ebay?

maybe you could refund me me the " opaque" extra and shipping if you are..................but i wont hold my breathe

if you're not that vendor, why are you claiming these are "yours"?

either way i feel the members here deserve an explanation

Quote:

Last edited by wasp9166; 04-07-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
UmnitzaSupport
Sponsor

My Ride: 1995 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
so i did some searching, and guess what

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-LED-SMD-A...73cf3b&vxp=mtr

packaging, construction, all items, wiring, same exact thing, and i mean EXACTLY

AND, i wouldn't have had to pay $35 extra for "opaque" and shipping posted this so you guys can see for yourselves, knocking a vendor or not are you that ebay seller umnitza? if so , why are you charging members here more than ebay?

maybe you could refund me me the " opaque" extra and shipping if you are..................but i wont hold my breathe

if you're not that vendor, why are you claiming these are "yours"?

either way i feel the members here deserve an explanation
John R,

We charge $69.99 for the product $19.99 for opaque.
We do not sell on eBay. What other vendors do or don't charge depends on their overhead and not ours. Perhaps that eBay vendor you listed lives in his mother's basement, doesn't have employees to pay for, or facilities to pay for, or sponsor a forum on which you can ask questions and get replies, or support E46fanatics for 10+ years.

We have never claimed that the Orion Lite is anything but a good generic alternative to the Orion V2 <-- the better quality product.

The Opaque does indeed have that frosty covering over it. While the non-opaque generic rings shows the LED more obviously. It's possible the eBay vendor mislabeled theirs or is actually providing photos of one item and shipping another very similar looking product. (Opaque and non-Opaque look very similar).

These are non-Opaque

When buying on eBay you are assured that once you provide feedback for an item, that you will rarely receive continuing support for a product should it ever fail. Preliminary costs of a product aren't the total cost of ownership. Your decision to buy from us could not and should not be entirely about price.
Personally, I'd pay $20 more for an item not to have to purchase it on eBay. One never knows if the eBay vendors are getting rid of inventory, selling returned items, etc.

Turner and BavAuto are great companies, we readily use them to purchase items that we can get cheaper (that are exactly the same) just to have the peace of mind that the company we buy from has been around for a long time (in our case 11+ years) and will be there if we run into issues.

Have a good Easter Weekend.

Call Tim K. 877 486 6489
Email Konstantin D. umnitzaship@gmail.com
Available: 9am-5pm M-F

Last edited by UmnitzaSupport; 04-07-2012 at 04:03 PM.
UmnitzaSupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
deadwood83

My Ride: has an iron lung
Send a message via MSN to deadwood83
That's not Umnitza, but I did get my AEs from them. They're the same as Orion Lite, Helios, etc. Just like how the old Orion Lites were the same as the old Khoalty, etc. etc.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
wasp9166
ima touching member

like i said, those ebay ones are EXACTLY what you sent me, not only the packing, but all the items, right down to the wire color and clear wire cover on the pink lead, the connect clips, on and on

yeah, i payed for service all right

lets see, i payed $12 for leds that are too big for the license plate holders, claiming they fit is bs, i'm not stupid and i'm not breaking my tabs to make "your" product fit

then i payed $90 plus $14 shipping for something i could have got on ebay for $65

yep, you sure are helping out the forum members on a forum you are a vendor on aren't you?

don't worry bout it, keep the $50, i'll get my "service" elsewhere

that's what trying to do the right thing and use a vendor gets ya, what a sham

you have a good weekend too ya crook,unless you wana redeem yourself and refund me the "opaque" markup ....$20, even then i'll never buy from you again, but maybe the members could see paying for "service" is worth it

Quote:

Last edited by wasp9166; 04-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #14
UmnitzaSupport
Sponsor

My Ride: 1995 m3
no need to be angry, please check your PM.

Call Tim K. 877 486 6489
Email Konstantin D. umnitzaship@gmail.com
Available: 9am-5pm M-F
UmnitzaSupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #15
wasp9166
ima touching member

pm deleted, and no reason to take convo elsewhere, if that's what you need to do to pull a profit and pay for your overhead so be it...........i've said my piece

just annoys me to no end when i try and do the right thing, use a vendor, and find it cheaper elsewhere, if we support them they should support us, that ebay seller isn't giving it away either

so for the record, how long is the full replacement on these for the inflated price?

the mycarrs i had from eas lasted 4 yrs until one ring went on the blink............why pay more for something that most likely wont fail in a yr anyhow?

Quote:

Last edited by wasp9166; 04-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
Wow whiny ass crybaby
Don't cry because you didn't do the research ahead of time and found something cheaper
It's called buyers remorse
and welcome to capitalism

Posted from Skyrocket using BimmerApp

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #17
rhombus

My Ride: 330i
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

There you go, Orion Lite. Ali Express is the B2C version of Alibaba (B2B). The same angel eyes are available for significantly less at volume, so chances are the markup from Umnitza at $70 is between 100-300%.
rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
GCoop

My Ride: '04 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombus View Post
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

There you go, Orion Lite. Ali Express is the B2C version of Alibaba (B2B). The same angel eyes are available for significantly less at volume, so chances are the markup from Umnitza at $70 is between 100-300%.
Yup Buy direct avoid the middle-man. Buy 5 for the price of 1 and provide yourself with your own warranty... LOL

Been sporting "opaques" since before they were even offered by the middle-"MAN".
GCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #19
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
to wasp9166; the ebay angel eyes are NOT identical to the umnitza ones.; i actually had those ebay ones on my m3 (which im about to put up for sale if anyone's interested). i got it from the same seller you linked, and if you look closely at the pictures the ebay ones have half the amount of leds in there.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #20
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
As for silver box...in Europe we wire AEs differently than you guys (some of us, that is...) we use city lights wiring and just use AEs instead of city lights, so in that case there's no need for relays and such, unless you want AEs on via unlock. AEs are simply turned on with position-1 of light switch. But city lights are monitored by LCM for failures. Those silver boxes serve as error cancelers. Without them, one would get bulb out error.