E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
ac_2007

My Ride: E46 - M3 & 325i
BimmerBrakes Header Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Oh damn, who may that be?
Believe it or not BimmerBrakes screwed me over with 2 defective headers. They promised 100% fitment and I've had nothing but issues with their product. My O2 sensor didn't fit because the bung wasnt fully drilled through and it broke when I was screwing it in. $160 later after getting new sensors, I try to install everything in my car and find out that the headers touch.. everyone will tell you that this ends up burning a hole through the header.

They didn't cover my O2 sensor, they didn't give me the product I was promised, and they refuse to give me any sort of compensation for all the issues. I told them I need the car and cannot keep it on the ramps, waiting weeks at a time for their defective products to ship.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

My Ride: 2005 ZHP BMW
Send a message via AIM to BimmerBrakes
Sorry OP for Thread Jack.

I have also deal with Steven. Never had any issues with him. Best of Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Believe it or not BimmerBrakes screwed me over with 2 defective headers. They promised 100% fitment and I've had nothing but issues with their product. My O2 sensor didn't fit because the bung wasnt fully drilled through and it broke when I was screwing it in. $160 later after getting new sensors, I try to install everything in my car and find out that the headers touch.. everyone will tell you that this ends up burning a hole through the header.

They didn't cover my O2 sensor, they didn't give me the product I was promised, and they refuse to give me any sort of compensation for all the issues. I told them I need the car and cannot keep it on the ramps, waiting weeks at a time for their defective products to ship.
Alex,

First, when you was working out a deal to Ship to Canada to help you avoid Brokerage Fees. I sold them to you for $300 Shipped with USPS Priority, but the quote was for UPS. The whole time I was trying to work with you shipping the cheapest and safest as possible. I decided to pay the additional charges their to be to ship with USPS Priority. A Few PM later during our dealing you keep asking for an Additional Discount. Then finally you agreed to pay $300 Shipped with USPS Priority. I promptly Process and Shipped your order the following day. Included the Tracking #.

Second, when you told me about the issue. I sent out the short-side of the headers the next day with USPS Priority. Then, after that I contacted my suppliers to find you a source for Pre-02 sensor so you didn't have to pay full price and offer them to you at $77 for each one with Free SHIPPING to Canda. You decided to purchase your own. Also, in this PM asking for a Partial Refund 2-3 Times.

Third, I hear you pm me about something wrong with the long side. Also, in this PM asking for a Partial Refund. I offer to send you another long side and a label for the other 2 pieces to be return OR Send Back the HEADERS for a FULL Refund. Which at this point I am more then Happy to DO.

During the First Time Around. I ask for the Serial # etched on the header-to-exhaust flange of the long tube. We have all our headers etched so we know who welded and put them together for Quality Control Purposes. The OP just said they are not on the Headers at all.

Examples Pics:

Here are the pics of the Following Issue that you claim to be a Problem.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Last edited by BimmerBrakes; 09-01-2011 at 10:11 PM.
BimmerBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
ac_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony@BimmerBrakes View Post
Sorry OP for Thread Jack.

I have also deal with Steven. Never had any issues with him. Best of Luck.

Alex,

First, when you was working out a deal to Ship to Canada to help you avoid Brokerage Fees. I sold them to you for $300 Shipped with USPS Priority, but the quote was for UPS. The whole time I was trying to work with you shipping the cheapest and safest as possible. I decided to pay the additional charges their to be to ship with USPS Priority. A Few PM later during our dealing you keep asking for an Additional Discount. Then finally you agreed to pay $300 Shipped with USPS Priority. I promptly Process and Shipped your order the following day. Included the Tracking #.

Second, when you told me about the issue. I sent out the short-side of the headers the next day with USPS Priority. Then, after that I contacted my suppliers to find you a source for Pre-02 sensor so you didn't have to pay full price and offer them to you at $77 for each one with Free SHIPPING to Canda. You decided to purchase your own. Also, in this PM asking for a Partial Refund 2-3 Times.

Third, I hear you pm me about something wrong with the long side. Also, in this PM asking for a Partial Refund. I offer to send you another long side and a label for the other 2 pieces to be return OR Send Back the HEADERS for a FULL Refund. Which at this point I am more then Happy to DO.

During the First Time Around. I ask for the Serial # etched on the header-to-exhaust flange of the long tube. We have all our headers etched so we know who welded and put them together for Quality Control Purposes. The OP just said they are not on the Headers at all.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
I asked you what solutions you had for my header issue and tried many times to deal with you directly, Anthony. There are two sides to every story and there was no doubt in my mind that you would try to save face if I ever replied in regard to this issue or made a thread.

1) I never asked for a shipping discount I just requested that you ship USPS so I avoid $100+ in customs fees. You agreed at the same price, it was never a bargain.

2) The short side bung was not drilled through properly and I broke an O2 sensor because of this. Didn't make you foot the bill, I bought my own OEM replacement pair (not your NGK offering) after seeing your solutions were not any more beneficial then me just finding a set online.

This is the header I received, to clarify:

3) I had to wait over a week for the replacement, which I understand with regular shipping, but I noted to you that my issue was time sensitive. I can not keep my car on ramps for weeks at a time while waiting for replacements which may not fix the problem, I need transportation to and from my work. We tried this once, and I'm going to do it again.

4) The headers are installed and car will be taken to the shop for a professional to fix the problem, at my expense. You omit the important detail that my problem could only have been fully determined once the headers were bolted down.

5) There is absolutely NO serial number on either of my headers, and surprise, surprise, both of them ended up being defective in some way. Once again, this leads me to believe that I got a factory rejected set.

Where is this "100% Fitment and Post/Pre-02 Sensor Fitment" guarantee? I really tried resolving it with you directly. You chose to ignore my PMs for almost a week until I mentioned filing a PayPal dispute. I would more than gladly send you back the defective short side header, I have no use for it.

Last edited by ac_2007; 09-01-2011 at 11:16 PM.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
No offense, but how the hell did you break on o2 sensor? you should ALWAYS put them in by hand and then tighten them the last bit, if there was a problem there should not be a reason to break on o2 sensor.

As far as them being reject, I am sure if you post the serial numbers that are on them, Anthony will do his utmost to track them down.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
ac_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk10256 View Post
No offense, but how the hell did you break on o2 sensor? you should ALWAYS put them in by hand and then tighten them the last bit, if there was a problem there should not be a reason to break on o2 sensor.

As far as them being reject, I am sure if you post the serial numbers that are on them, Anthony will do his utmost to track them down.
The hand tightening procedure might work with brand new OE equipment. With aftermarket, there will always be compromises. The bung plugs that came with the headers would not even tighten by hand from the top of the thread, they were not drilled in very well to allow this. That said, there was resistance all the way through when tightening the sensor and required a ratcheting wrench for the install (and no I did not cross thread).

As for the serial number, refer to #5 above.. there is no serial number.

Last edited by ac_2007; 09-02-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #6
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

OP Sorry for this Again. I am finish Thread Bombing your thread. Best of Luck.

Quote:
I asked you what solutions you had for my header issue and tried many times to deal with you directly, Anthony. There are two sides to every story and there was no doubt in my mind that you would try to save face if I ever replied in regard to this issue or made a thread.

1) I never asked for a shipping discount I just requested that you ship USPS so I avoid $100+ in customs fees. You agreed at the same price, it was never a bargain.

2) The short side bung was not drilled through properly and I broke an O2 sensor because of this. Didn't make you foot the bill, I bought my own OEM replacement pair (not your NGK offering) after seeing your solutions were not any more beneficial then me just finding a set online.

This is the header I received, to clarify:

3) I had to wait over a week for the replacement, which I understand with regular shipping, but I noted to you that my issue was time sensitive. I can not keep my car on ramps for weeks at a time while waiting for replacements which may not fix the problem, I need transportation to and from my work. We tried this once, and I'm going to do it again.

4) The headers are installed and car will be taken to the shop for a professional to fix the problem, at my expense. You omit the important detail that my problem could only have been fully determined once the headers were bolted down.

5) There is absolutely NO serial number on either of my headers, and surprise, surprise, both of them ended up being defective in some way. Once again, this leads me to believe that I got a factory rejected set.

Where is this "100% Fitment and Post/Pre-02 Sensor Fitment" guarantee? I really tried resolving it with you directly. You chose to ignore my PMs for almost a week until I mentioned filing a PayPal dispute. I would more than gladly send you back the defective short side header, I have no use for it.
Alex,

1. I didn't say shipping discount just discount in general.

Quote:
Perfect. Can you tell me approx how long the shipment would take to reach Ontario address *****?

My email address is **_***@*****.com.

Thanks Anthony, also is there any possible way to get a better price, say $280? I'm really over budget but I want quality headers which will fit the first time

(car model is 2001 325i sedan for reference)
2. That was your decision. I was just trying to help. As you told me they was $150 a piece.

3. They were shipped the same day USPS Priority. It had to go through Customs and etc. Shipping is out of my hands.

4. This is not a big issue. From my point of view from all the previous message. You was just trying to haggle the whole time. The first time you said you wanted a partial refund. I was thinking to myself sure why not. :idea: but then PM's after PM's all I saw you wanted a Partial Refund. Typing that out Clearly.

Also Note: Once Modified in anyway. Warranty is VOIDED... Cracks, Leaks or What Not. Don't expect another replacement.

5. Did they fit? I see all 4 o2 sensor installed. Driving right? Sure, they are alittle close then expected. But they are not going to damage the tubing. Maybe put alittle dent in the o2 housing but that will not affect its performance. Not sure why you are trying to hard to find something wrong so you can get a Partial Refund.

Again, I be more then Willing to Give a FULL REFUND if Headers are Returned.

Ignore your PM's? I replied to them last night. Talking to you back and forth. I just got a Notice today on the Paypal Claim.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Edit: Tim if you feel right to delete any of my post in this thread. No hard feelings. Understandable.

Last edited by BimmerBrakes; 09-02-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
ac_2007

Quote:
OP Sorry for this Again. I am finish Thread Bombing your thread. Best of Luck.

Alex,

1. I didn't say shipping discount just discount in general.

2. That was your decision. I was just trying to help. As you told me they was $150 a piece.

3. They were shipped the same day USPS Priority. It had to go through Customs and etc. Shipping is out of my hands.

4. This is not a big issue. From my point of view from all the previous message. You was just trying to haggle the whole time. The first time you said you wanted a partial refund. I was thinking to myself sure why not. :idea: but then PM's after PM's all I saw you wanted a Partial Refund. Typing that out Clearly.

Also Note: Once Modified in anyway. Warranty is VOIDED... Cracks, Leaks or What Not. Don't expect another replacement.

5. Did they fit? I see all 4 o2 sensor installed. Driving right? Sure, they are alittle close then expected. But they are not going to damage the tubing. Maybe put alittle dent in the o2 housing but that will not affect its performance. Not sure why you are trying to hard to find something wrong so you can get a Partial Refund.

Again, I be more then Willing to Give a FULL REFUND if Headers are Returned.

Ignore your PM's? I replied to them last night. Talking to you back and forth. I just got a Notice today on the Paypal Claim.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Edit: Tim if you feel right to delete any of my post in this thread. No hard feelings. Understandable.
First off, you need to take my personal information out of your post.

The PM you posted we were discussing a group buy rate, because I had several other interested in headers. That said, I asked how much additional I would have to pay with USPS and agreed to pay it. You said $300 was what you wanted, I paid you.

Forget the O2 sensors, they are irrelevant at this time. The point is that I received 2 defective headers, and had to go through this unpleasant situation with my car stuck on ramps while I waited weeks on end for replacement parts. A suggestion, the next time a customer has this issue, ship them replacements with a more speedy delivery service.

4) This actually is a big issue, whether you can tell from the picture or not there is no clearance. Two extremely hot metals rubbing up on each other is a problem, the exhaust vibrates a significant amount believe it or not. Over time either the header will develop a hole, or the O2 sensor would get damaged.

5) The sensor fit in the new header. All threads on the old set (minus post-cat bung on long header) were excessively tight and difficult to get into. It seems to me that these headers were not very thoroughly inspected and at this time I'm having a hard time justifying the premium for BB headers over ebay headers.

You ignored all of my PMs for around a week until yesterday when I mentioned the PayPal dispute. Not surprised there either. I will not disassemble my car again to return the other faulty header, this is an unreasonable request, and as I told you before I need this vehicle for daily transportation to and from work. You sent me two defective products and this caused me a lot of inconvenience, I was informing you each step of the way and never intended to give you the impression that I was "haggling".

Last edited by ac_2007; 09-02-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #8
lafabritto325ci

My Ride: 2008 E90 335i
Op sorry about ur luck... I am here to defend anthony and bimmerbrakes, I myself have dealt with Anthony multiple times and not one was let down, which keeps me coming back. I have not purchased headers from him, but believe me.... if there is an issue, he will address it... no need for this nonsense on the forums....Work it out with him via PM... 1 he does not make the headers, so you are making it seem like he was the one that screwed up on the making of the piece... and second of all... if you want a piece to fit 100%... go get oem or a more expensive set of headers... im just stating my opinion here.... I can vouch for Anthony and Bimmerbrakes at anytime and if anyone is reading this thread, dont let this 1 issue discourage you from buying from them!!!

Lafa
Old 09-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #9
ac_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafabritto325ci View Post
Op sorry about ur luck... I am here to defend anthony and bimmerbrakes, I myself have dealt with Anthony multiple times and not one was let down, which keeps me coming back. I have not purchased headers from him, but believe me.... if there is an issue, he will address it... no need for this nonsense on the forums....Work it out with him via PM... 1 he does not make the headers, so you are making it seem like he was the one that screwed up on the making of the piece... and second of all... if you want a piece to fit 100%... go get oem or a more expensive set of headers... im just stating my opinion here.... I can vouch for Anthony and Bimmerbrakes at anytime and if anyone is reading this thread, dont let this 1 issue discourage you from buying from them!!!

Lafa
I, like you, had a good impression of BimmerBrakes -- This is the very reason I chose to spend $300 on his fitment guaranteed headers versus cheap ebay ones at 1/3 cost. I would continue to have a positive impression if Anthony corrected this situation in a reasonable matter. There is no reason to sweep things under the rug.

This "nonsense" is here because Anthony chose to address it. I would also prefer if we dealt with this over PM as I have stated many times, and do not want to thread-jack the OP.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #10
ac_2007

I would just like to point out that Anthony has once again chosen to ignore my PMs, despite being online and active.

Moreover, when offering a replacement long-side header, Anthony inherently acknowledges that my part is defective and not as advertised.
I had greater expectations for this company given his reputation on this site.

Everyone makes the occasional mistake, but 2 defective units, missing serial numbers, and waiting weeks at a time for replacements is not something I'd consider acceptable for this amount of money.
Repeating the entire install after determining my second unit is defective (only possible when installed and positioned on the engine block), and waiting more weeks for replacement parts is not a reasonable request from the seller.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:32 AM   #11
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

No point in argue and try many times to help solve this but all u want is $150 refund for it. So I gave up and let paypal decide what to do as we can't get on the same page.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
Old 09-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #12
ac_2007

Quote:
No point in argue and try many times to help solve this but all u want is $150 refund for it. So I gave up and let paypal decide what to do as we can't get on the same page.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
I was stating the facts of my experience with BimmerBrakes, not arguing. If you can't see how unreasonable your solution is then I have nothing to work with. This has been escalated to a PayPal claim because of a lack of feedback and understanding on your part. Don't see how you "gave up" anything except your word.

Slowly I'm discovering that there are others who have had problems with your other products, and your headers.

Username removed
Quote:
that guy tried to screw me on a set of rotors. he never supplied a shipping number and then he said the set was at my door and guess what no brakes. i filed with my cc company and they sided with me. he has screwed over others locally in the dfw area with **** parts.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

Quote:
I was stating the facts of my experience with BimmerBrakes, not arguing. If you can't see how unreasonable your solution is then I have nothing to work with. This has been escalated to a PayPal claim because of a lack of feedback and understanding on your part. Don't see how you "gave up" anything except your word.

Slowly I'm discovering that there are others who have had problems with your other products, and your headers.

Username removed
Don't have to remove his name. I know bishop1977. I send him 2 sets of rotors and I have tracking number from August 20, 2010 (USPS Prority #9405503699300317843948). It was my fault for not getting the customer to sign for the package. I called the Local USPS Office and they said Melissa personal dropped off the package. That is what I was going by. I lost over $400 on merchandize but lesson learn.

BTW: I am not sure who is others. I would love to hear from them. You and Bishop1977 (Jeff Lee) has been the only issue I had so far. If he called Brembo, Stoptech, Hawks, and Centric ***** parts idk what else to sell. :/ As that is the only products I carry at the moment or ever.

Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Last edited by BimmerBrakes; 09-07-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #14
ac_2007

First off, that is not a tracking number USPS has no record of it. If you have issues with that customer, take it up with him.

Second, usually when the seller makes a mistake, they should work with the customer to resolve the issue.
All you kept saying was to return my merchandise. Too late, not possible, and an unreasonable request once installed. I did offer to ship back the defective short header.

Lastly, there are plenty of other examples I've come across with BimmerBrake issues. This is another example http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=834060
I'm sure you have an explanation for everything, much like all inmates claim to be innocent.

Paying the premium for BB headers was not worth it. Both headers I received were defective, and I mention again, without a serial number which led me to believe they are factory rejects.
My advice for anyone in the market: Get eBay headers, make sure they are for your car when you receive them, and enjoy having saved hundreds of dollars.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #15
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

Take that with USPS. I am not sure how long they keep record of tracking #'s. That was in my google checkout invoice that I attached. That has been over a year ago.

Also, the other thread that you posted up. I have pm and trying to help the OP but he never gave me a serial # or PM with pics of the issue. So I am not sure it was a false claim or not. Until he post some pictures and what not. I wont know what really happen.

Anyways, I am done with this thread. I will let paypal decided what is right and wrong. And I am truly sorry what happen and wish you best of luck.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
Old 09-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #16
ac_2007

An apology doesn't fix my issue. I told you I'd be more than happy to ship you my short-side defective header for half my money returned.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #17
ac_2007

No resolution as of today. Two E46s needed pads and rotors, and this company has lost my business.

Once again: If you want headers, buy them off Ebay and make sure they're the right ones.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #18
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

Quote:
No resolution as of today. Two E46s needed pads and rotors, and this company has lost my business.

Once again: If you want headers, buy them off Ebay and make sure they're the right ones.
Paypal resolved the issue and said to ship item back for full refund. /end story

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes