E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 11-07-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
///M3Risto

My Ride: E46 '06 M3 vert, B/B
Decisions between wheels....

I'm sure someone has the SSR SP1's but what I'm trying to look for here is a cabrio (preferably jet black) with a set of these puppies on them...

I'm really going for the 5-spoke look as it appeals to me more IMO. I'm also interested in the DPE SP-5's...

$$ wise, I don't really want to go beyond 6K for the wheels alone...so hopefully this narrows it down.

Unless anyone else here has better suggestions and pics of the 5 spoke pattern on their beloved M, please share...thanks!
///M3Risto is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Dpe > *

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
///M3Risto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Dpe > *
Thanks 2000, but do you have any other suggestions other than the 2 sets of wheels I posted?
Old 11-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
M5chaser

My Ride: E46 330xi, E39 M5
I think your second option, the 5-spoke, would be an excellent choice.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
captain13

My Ride: BMW 330i ZHP
+1 second option... If your budget is 6K have you thought of other wheel options? Its a pretty big budget lol
Old 11-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
DPE all the way.... those SSR's are nice, but IMO they scream modding circa 2002... definitely old school, still nice, but rims have come a long way since then
Old 11-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
///M3Risto

Thanks for all the advice everyone....just curious though, does anyone still rock the SP1's? I'd like to see what they look like on a vert...or the SP-5's? Or anything else in this category?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
///M3Risto

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain13 View Post
+1 second option... If your budget is 6K have you thought of other wheel options? Its a pretty big budget lol
Yeah...I've been doing the research online...and saw the BBS LM's...which everyone seems to have (when your pockets are full!) I haven't seen to many 3er's with 5 spoke wheels....especially around my area. But the DPE's are a pretty penny, (still within budget though)...again, does anyone have pics of either the SP1's or the SP-5's on their ride?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
Levim9

My Ride: S54 325i
I like the five spoke style on E46s, the DPE wheels look like a good choice.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #10
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3Risto View Post
Yeah...I've been doing the research online...and saw the BBS LM's...which everyone seems to have (when your pockets are full!) I haven't seen to many 3er's with 5 spoke wheels....especially around my area. But the DPE's are a pretty penny, (still within budget though)...again, does anyone have pics of either the SP1's or the SP-5's on their ride?
if you like 5 star, look up ssr gt-10's... not to many peopla have them, not sure if too many people like them, but i think they look so sick on an e46
Old 11-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #11
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
For what it's worth, I prefer mesh styled rims for the e46.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #12
JJR4884

Quote:
For what it's worth,
you should start every thread off like this

Old 11-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #13
///M3Risto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
you should start every thread off like this

Yeah, I'll definitely consider that next time (especially considering I'm new to threads)...I'm finally catching up to the 21st century but I did check out those SSR GT-10's and you've made a good point...they do look good!

I'm actually now more lost between the GT-10's and the DPE's!

Dumb question....how do you size your image after you post w/ modified text?

06' JB/B E46 M3 Vert and 06' JB/B E65
Old 11-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #14
///M3Risto

Quote:
Don't get me wrong...I've actually considered BBS CH-R's as well as BBS LM's...VMR V710's were also an option, but all my previous cars that I've ever modified have had 5-spoke wheels...I'm basing this solely on tradition and preference....I guess it's something about how the star pattern appeals to me...It wouldn't hurt to tread into new waters but, again...my instincts are telling me to go with what I know and what I like.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:06 AM   #15
///M3Risto

Quote:
Not to sound too hypocritical...but I did do the math on the BBS LM's (WITH TIRES) which would be my first choice if I do decide to go mesh...and they're still within budget....any other set of wheels out there that you would recommend above the BBS LM's?

Old 11-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #16
tesko.pk

My Ride: 2003 530i
BBS CX-R's!
tesko.pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #17
///M3Risto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesko.pk View Post
BBS CX-R's!
Thanks for the advice tesko...I do like the fact that CX-R's resemble the OEM CSL (aside from the break in form on the face of the rim and the two tone) but IMO I also think that they break up the flow of the rim in two tone which actually takes away from the "mesh" look that I'm trying to achieve...

idk...does anyone else agree or am I seeing things?

Old 11-09-2010, 03:03 AM   #18
tesko.pk

Picture worth a thousand words.

IMO, it'll depend on your brake setup and the lighting you look at them under. The background of big fat rotors from a BBK would provide more contrast to the two-tone wheels for sure.

Check out the BBS BS CS if you're set on silver wheels; maybe these are more your style.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:44 AM   #19
///M3Risto

Picture worth a thousand words.

IMO, it'll depend on your brake setup and the lighting you look at them under. The background of big fat rotors from a BBK would provide more contrast to the two-tone wheels for sure.

Check out the BBS BS CS if you're set on silver wheels; maybe these are more your style.

tesko...I STAND CORRECTED! They look outstanding on (what I presume to be) your car! The 5-star pattern is starting to lose in this battle between 5-spoke and mesh....but, I am leaning more towards BBS LM's! I've seen plenty of them throughout this site, and it's not that I'm trying to be like everyone else...I just LOVE the way that they look on the M. I also love the contrast of diamond black and jet black to throw the color of the car a little bit off. The murder look is nice (when done right) but I really don't want to be "Knight Rider" in a cabrio. I was originally thinking of going with a black face to the set of wheels I decide to go with, and now the BBS LM's in diamond black(being that they are well within my budget w/ tires) are the strong suit. Unless of course someone else posts something that appeals more to me... Thanks for all the feedback though...you've been a great help!

Also, how are the H&R springs? I'm not looking to drop my M too much, and I'm still trying to maintain somewhat of the same ride quality (an oxymoron for the e46 M), but I think you get what I'm saying here...
____________________________________________________________ _____

Last edited by ///M3Risto; 11-09-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #20
tesko.pk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3Risto View Post
tesko...I STAND CORRECTED! They look outstanding on (what I presume to be) your car! The 5-star pattern is starting to lose in this battle between 5-spoke and mesh....but, I am leaning more towards BBS LM's! I've seen plenty of them throughout this site, and it's not that I'm trying to be like everyone else...I just LOVE the way that they look on the M. I also love the contrast of diamond black and jet black to throw the color of the car a little bit off. The murder look is nice (when done right) but I really don't want to be "Knight Rider" in a cabrio. I was originally thinking of going with a black face to the set of wheels I decide to go with, and now the BBS LM's in diamond black(being that they are well within my budget w/ tires) are the strong suit. Unless of course someone else posts something that appeals more to me... Thanks for all the feedback though...you've been a great help!

Also, how are the H&R springs? I'm not looking to drop my M too much, and I'm still trying to maintain somewhat of the same ride quality (an oxymoron for the e46 M), but I think you get what I'm saying here...
Nope, not my ride actually! Pulled that pic off a Dutch forum.
I've got a non-m E46 sedan, non-sport pkg, so the H&R Springs were a substantial drop! Couldn't be happier with them, in all ways better than stock springs. It's a different world with an M3, so I can't attest to that I'm afraid.

On my car, these are my current summer wheels, OZ Ultraleggera, believe me, I'm a fan of a black car with silver wheels as well

Though I'm badly tempted to get some 18" OZ 35th Anniversary edition wheels for next season:

(pic courtesy of a member on here IIRC)

OZ Superleggera might be more your thing?

You might be able to tell I'm a bit biased towards BBS and OZ wheels