E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.56 average.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #261
aram0492

My Ride: '09 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Wanna do my pulleys? Hahaha

I need to do a couple of mine to stop a squealing, but I'm hoping its just the pulley and not the actual waterpump
have you heard of "art of motorsport"? He is really good at what he does but in my opinion he charges too much for labor(by too much i mean by the book), BUT He gets the job done perfectly. you could take it to him for the pulleys as he is the one who replaced mine. He is on Sherman way and fulton in the Pepboys plaza. zip code 91605.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:50 AM   #262
Fo Show

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
[QUOTE=BBBoy323i;13777016]Nice car

Thanks man.

I'll let everyone know how the exhaust turns out. Perfect for our college budgets.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #263
lakedude90

My Ride: 03' 325i
Whats up guys. Im currently enrolled in 2 colleges. Old Diminion University which i'm take a little break from to work up some carpayment money, and actully going to a local community college. Gotta keep that degree ball rollin. Figured I would post what I have. 03' 325i that I have had for about 2 months now and just about to clock over the 50k mile mark. Havent done much yet to it except try and keep it clean(damn Topaz Blue, but I love it when its clean) and the OEM Aux cord. Plan to put some AE's in it and drop it a little and put some wheels and then who know's. Not trying to mod the hell out of it. since it is a automatic that deff helps out alot. But hey, If it cant be fast atleat it will look damn good slow. Dont have any real current pics of it but I will try and get some asap
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #264
kermitthefloer

My Ride: 04 330ci/ 99 S70
Been meaning to post here for about 4 weeks.

School: Rochester Institute of Technology
Year: 5th
Major/Minor: Management Information Systems / Sociology & Anthropology

I now drive a 2004 330ci w/ 80k miles at the moment. I owned a 2001 325i for my third and fourth year of school and really wanted a coupe and something a bit faster. I was going to aim for a M3 or 335. But figured I would wait until I atleast got a full time job. I loved my 325i and brought it back from the dead after I was fortunate enough to have my cousin pay most of the cost of it, and got an amazing deal on it. Along with saving and selling my 325i I got this amazing 330ci. I love both cars mainly because they did not give much problems. The mods on the 330 scare me at times though.

I am currently on co-op and only have 16 credits to graduate. But not in a rush to start paying back the government and trying to find a job prior to leaving I am just waiting for the right time to finish those 4 electives. Plan on selling this and getting a new car spring. Since i bought this two friends went out trying to be like me and bought e46 coupes also (not cool in my opinion.) I want a 650i, but will probably settle for a M3, 335i, 550i, or A5 (if can find one for cheap enough). Not a fan of car payments, and probably never will be.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #265
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeemerdude View Post
man, things sure have changed when I was in college in the 80's......no BMWs for college kids back then,...we all drove beat up, rusty 1976-81 Honda Civics....kids nowadays
The kids of the 80's are much different from todays society. 80's= rebellious not to mention the economy was crap so kids for the most part lived a free going life. Today there are somewhat similar aspects, but kids are now taught to work hard, save, but most of all use your brain to benefit you. I for one am a testament to that and yes I know because both of my parents grew up in the 80's so I know their stories of how "life was like".

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Having an M3 is fvckin baller for a college student imo
Not really...there are some students with e9x m3s, lambos, porsches, lotus's, and ferrari's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post

Had to turn off the TV... Fox was making more sense than anyone else.

The rest of the world must be laughing at us now. It is so bad slipping to third world status...
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #266
IrocThe325i

My Ride: chirps when I turn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
The kids of the 80's are much different from todays society. 80's= rebellious not to mention the economy was crap so kids for the most part lived a free going life. Today there are somewhat similar aspects, but kids are now taught to work hard, save, but most of all use your brain to benefit you. I for one am a testament to that and yes I know because both of my parents grew up in the 80's so I know their stories of how "life was like".

Not really...there are some students with e9x m3s, lambos, porsches, lotus's, and ferrari's
haha no having an M3 in college is deffffffinetely ballerrr

unless its an E36... not baller. but an E30! also def baller

Go Drifting Or Go To Hell
IrocThe325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #267
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitthefloer View Post
Been meaning to post here for about 4 weeks.

School: Rochester Institute of Technology
Year: 5th
Major/Minor: Management Information Systems / Sociology & Anthropology

I now drive a 2004 330ci w/ 80k miles at the moment. I owned a 2001 325i for my third and fourth year of school and really wanted a coupe and something a bit faster. I was going to aim for a M3 or 335. But figured I would wait until I atleast got a full time job. I loved my 325i and brought it back from the dead after I was fortunate enough to have my cousin pay most of the cost of it, and got an amazing deal on it. Along with saving and selling my 325i I got this amazing 330ci. I love both cars mainly because they did not give much problems. The mods on the 330 scare me at times though.

I am currently on co-op and only have 16 credits to graduate. But not in a rush to start paying back the government and trying to find a job prior to leaving I am just waiting for the right time to finish those 4 electives. Plan on selling this and getting a new car spring. Since i bought this two friends went out trying to be like me and bought e46 coupes also (not cool in my opinion.) I want a 650i, but will probably settle for a M3, 335i, 550i, or A5 (if can find one for cheap enough). Not a fan of car payments, and probably never will be.
Ive driven 335's and M3s and if you have any ounce of appreciation for a well balanced DRIVER orientented car that will leave you with a smile everytime you reach for that door handle from BMW...youll side with an M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post

Had to turn off the TV... Fox was making more sense than anyone else.

The rest of the world must be laughing at us now. It is so bad slipping to third world status...
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #268
IrocThe325i

Quote:
Ive driven 335's and M3s and if you have any ounce of appreciation for a well balanced DRIVER orientented car that will leave you with a smile everytime you reach for that door handle from BMW...youll side with an M
some prefer performance and some prefer comfort and practicality. All BMWs however are well balanced driving machines. Non-Ms are just a little watered down but can be made to be closer to ///M standards

Ill have an M car one day...

Last edited by IrocThe325i; 11-08-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #269
redneckrice94

My Ride: 2000 323i
My Name is Josh

I go to the University of Minnesota

I have a stock 323i at the moment for my summer car, and drive a F350 Crew Cab Long Box Diesel for my year round vehicle. I bought the BMW a year ago, but due to the car payment, mod funds are limited. I should pay the car off in the spring so that will allow more mod money.

redneckrice94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #270
IrocThe325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrice94 View Post
My Name is Josh

I go to the University of Minnesota

I have a stock 323i at the moment for my summer car, and drive a F350 Crew Cab Long Box Diesel for my year round vehicle. I bought the BMW a year ago, but due to the car payment, mod funds are limited. I should pay the car off in the spring so that will allow more mod money.
my names Josh too and I know a chick that goes to U of MN. Crazy!?

Old 11-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #271
redneckrice94

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocThe325i View Post
my names Josh too and I know a chick that goes to U of MN. Crazy!?
Nice! What is her name?

I really like your car, Ive always wanted roof rack but... no need and i dont want to do it to mine if its gonna be a track car.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #272
IrocThe325i

Quote:
Nice! What is her name?

I really like your car, Ive always wanted roof rack but... no need and i dont want to do it to mine if its gonna be a track car.
Thanks!

her names Ashley. U of MN is hugeee so u prolly dont know her.

You can throw one on. E46s have factory mounting spots for roof racks so its easy to put it on and off four bolts, 5 mins

Old 11-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #273
redneckrice94

Ive met a couple Ashley's but yes the U of MN is HUGE!

Where can I find the roof racks that mount directly to the car?

Old 11-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #274
IrocThe325i

Quote:
Ive met a couple Ashley's but yes the U of MN is HUGE!

Where can I find the roof racks that mount directly to the car?
Any Thule that is MADE for the E46. Finding a used OEM one might be the easiest.

I would definetely try for finding a used one. Just ask to make sure its a bolt in OEM style one.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #275
redneckrice94

Ill have to check that out.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #276
IrocThe325i

Quote:
Ill have to check that out.
good luck

Old 11-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #277
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:

Was it easy getting into the University of Heaven?
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #278
customisbetter

My Ride: 02 325xi
Lansing Community College

Only mod is a hard wired stealth mount radar detector. Everything else is mostly maintenance. Replaced a bent rim, replaced broken Business CD with tape deck + adapter for the ipod.

customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #279
redneckrice94

Quote:
Originally Posted by customisbetter View Post

Only mod is a hard wired stealth mount radar detector. Everything else is mostly maintenance. Replaced a bent rim, replaced broken Business CD with tape deck + adapter for the ipod.

Your first mod should be a different front bumper!

Old 11-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #280
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by customisbetter View Post

Nice stock facelift

Tags
ric3rs + e46