E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 3.44 average.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #681
JayKayo
Account closed at users request

My Ride: 2005 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to JayKayo
Hahaha I can't find a decent E46 M3 anywhere, I will only buy local because I won't buy anything that I can't personally inspect and test drive.
I have a few weeks left with my rental car, if I still can't find one or a 330Ci then I'm going Japanese Either G35 or S2K or 350Z or.....something.
JayKayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #682
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
been a while since I posted here.

Did my vanos over spring break. Just finished up doing my RTABs and got a rear allignment. However it didn't solve my rear end rattling my mechanic said it was a "drive train issue."

Idk how I should address this issue now. I'm running hilariously low on cash (~50 bucks in the bank), realized that I should probably start saving up to pay off my student loans. I'm gonna see if I can start investing a couple grand over summer to help me out. Seems pretty hopelesss at this point honestly. Considering shacking my car up in the garage and using the bus to get to class as its actually quicker than driving to the parking lot and walking to class from there. I was set with my Comp Sci major, but because I am a typical lazy *******, I neglected to submit my assignments on time and as a result I have to change my major, despite the fact that I'm extremely good at it... Headed towards ECON or Government and Politics. FML anyone? Oh and as a result of that debacle, I'm staying for a fifth year. Horray for digging a bigger finacial hole....

whoops, this isnt a group therapy session......

Last edited by TR4G-; 04-28-2012 at 11:00 AM.
TR4G- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #683
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4G- View Post

Did my vanos over spring break. Just finished up doing my RTABs and got a rear allignment. However it didn't solve my rear end rattling my mechanic said it was a "drive train issue."

Idk how I should address this issue now. I'm running hilariously low on cash (~50 bucks in the bank), realized that I should probably start saving up to pay off my student loans. I'm gonna see if I can start investing a couple grand over summer to help me out. Seems pretty hopelesss at this point honestly. Considering shacking my car up in the garage and using the bus to get to class as its actually quicker than driving to the parking lot and walking to class from there. I was set with my Comp Sci major, but because I am a typical lazy *******, I neglected to submit my assignments on time and as a result I have to change my major, despite the fact that I'm extremely good at it... Headed towards ECON or Government and Politics. FML anyone? Oh and as a result of that debacle, I'm staying for a fifth year. Horray for digging a bigger finacial hole....

Hey i feel ya. I am taking com sci too. On my last year.
I am already on my last life, as I used up all my course failures. I already took the hardest courses so I am probably not likely to fail out and change major.
Last time i checked, i had $80 in bank too. I survive by asking parents for rent $ and bring homemade food.
Any $ i save up goes straight to the car. I still got a $1000 subframe job ahead of me.
Sometimes, I wish I kept my old Japanese beater and kept that $10000+ or so I spend buying this old BMW plus the maintainences afterwards
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #684
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4G- View Post

Engineering is pretty much 5 years too

dat debt

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #685
TR4G-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
dat debt
^pretty much sums it up

but hey, I'm going to make two aux cords (out of spare parts laying around) for my friends with 03+ e46's with and charge em 30 a piece.

bam, just doubled my net worth

for me it's just having a hobby to do. I would be satisfied if I had my car on 4 jackstands, as long as I had things to do to it. Having an egnine swap, replacing tranny, anything that is hands on and requires research (aka all of DIY) I love it! Don't even need half the things I do, I just need to do it out of principle

Last edited by TR4G-; 04-28-2012 at 12:56 PM.
TR4G- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #686
JayKayo
Account closed at users request

My Ride: 2005 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to JayKayo
Personally, I would sell my car and pay off the loans. Or find a job.
As a full-time student and also a full-time employee, it's completely do-able, just tiring but if you want to keep your car then it's necessary.
Just sell the car and get something more economical. I've had friends who did that and it hurts, but bills needed to be paid and you can't be balling on budget. Just doesn't work that way.
JayKayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #687
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKayo View Post
As a full-time student and also a full-time employee, it's completely do-able, just tiring but if you want to keep your car then it's necessary.
Just sell the car and get something more economical. I've had friends who did that and it hurts, but bills needed to be paid and you can't be balling on budget. Just doesn't work that way.
Motorcycle/public transit

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #688
TR4G-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKayo View Post
truth. but is having a 2001 325xi considered ''balling?'' I don't think selling my car is worth it considering I can make that much in just under 3 months of summer working. What I should focus on is not spending my money on drugs
Old 04-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #689
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
E46 325 sedan is not a baller car. It's not a M3 convertible.
It's a great car for a student, provided the kid does all the maintainence, and it might save the kid's life if he gets hit by a college drunk driver in a college town.
It made me from a car noob to half-way car mechanic.
I am sure 4 years of owning a 100k+ miles old e46 can give a person enough auto mechanic experience that'll serve him a lifetime.
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #690
ryannel2003

My Ride: '04 Cadillac Deville
Before I owned my 323i I had a 2000 Cadillac Seville STS that I never did anything on besides changing the air filter and some more misc. parts. Since I've had my 323i I've already tackled cleaning the TB and ICV which I wouldn't have dared done on my STS just because I was worried I would mess something up. Everything went successful for me besides a messed up O ring causing a vacuum leak at the DISA valve. It's so much cheaper to do everything yourself, though I will leave certain things to the mechanics.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #691
Hai_Cheo

My Ride: 02 IR E46M
So i'm 24, recent graduate of FIU, and I drive an IR E46M, i'm faaar from ballin and borderline broke. Good times.
Hai_Cheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #692
NightRaider93

My Ride: 2007 Z4 Coupe
IR Ms are amazing.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Bimmer App

NightRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #693
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Im lucky that my parents pay for my tuition and I dont have bills to pay, though my dad does pay for some stuff for my car still LOL
Old 04-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #694
Koffinb

My Ride: 04 330xi 6spd
i've recently become an e46 owner, i'm a junior in college and I have an 04 330xi 6spd with 107k. Looking to get an extended warranty before I transfer to a school further from home later in the year
Old 05-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #695
SHK&BAK3

My Ride: rustles jimmies
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcek View Post
college kids..........tuition due............fancy cars...............expensive modifications...............high insurance rates..............time to go give daddy a big kiss and thank you
Whenever some older guy comes in here that can only afford a ten thousand dollar car and is bitter about it just makes me laugh. Sorry you couldn't make life work in your favor when you were younger. Doesn't mean everyones parents bought them their car or their daddy for that matter.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #696
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Hey guys I'm back! Finals is over and now summer begins! Some plans for the e46, finally
Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #697
TekNoire7

My Ride: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
Hey guys I'm back! Finals is over and now summer begins! Some plans for the e46, finally
You do not understand how happy I am that finals are over. Phew. Also looking to give some TLC to my car this summer.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #698
TR4G-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekNoire7 View Post
You do not understand how happy I am that finals are over. Phew. Also looking to give some TLC to my car this summer.
first final is tomorrow at 8am
Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #699
My2002325Ci

My Ride: 2002 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekNoire7 View Post

My finals are all done too, and now I'm going wild on spending for my car.

My2002325Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #700
mscaptura

My Ride: 02 325ci & 99 318ti
I've been done for a week now and have been playing with my car ever since. Another thing, does anybody else prefer the stock front bumper on the 325/330ci to the M3?

Tags
ric3rs + e46