E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #301
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10biie89 View Post
move to ca op lol
i would love to!! ive been to the LA area twice and i love it. Ill be in san fransisco next week sometime.

i got a lot done on the car yesterday, i finished up almost all the wiring. I have 3 remaining wires for the DSC that go to two plugs i dont have, one is the steering wheel angle sensor, and the other is the 23 pin connector that goes to the (DSC/heated seat, sound button ext) swtiching center. I plan on taking thoes two plugs out today and hopefully getting at least one of them into my car. Ill update with pictures of the plugs im talking about soon

Last edited by BDUB328I; 07-15-2012 at 08:17 AM.
BDUB328I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #302
BDUB328I

im getting very close to finishing the wiring!! i can finnally feel like the end is close. although my car looks the same as it did 6 months ago. Im down to 2 remaining wires for the DSC. One of them goes to the steering angle sensor. I would have had the steering angle sensor done yesterday but i got stuck getting one of the wires out of my fuse box.

I need to go over to my shop today after work and get the custom tool Ryan made for me. This tool makes it easy to get the wires out of the fuse box. I need to remove one wire from fuse box and then i can install my steering angle sensor. After that there will b one remaining wire for the DSC. the last remaining wire goes to the central switching station where the heated seats and DSC button are located. i need to remove the 23 pin connector from my m3 harness for this because my car has the old version with different plugs for each button instead of the new 23 pin plug that is for all of the buttons

Also i cant find a wiring diagram for the steering angle sensor. All the links i have found on speghetticoder have just been for pictures or descriptions or something, no real diagrams. This isnt a big deal though because i have the m3 harness so i just had to take a picture of where all the wires end up. ill post these pictures some other time.

Ill be in washington state for the next week for a wedding so i wont have any progress for a while.. Im hoping i can get the wiring done tonight before i leave for my trip

Last edited by BDUB328I; 07-18-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #303
rsp5003

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Progress! Sounds good man. I need to get back down again, let me know if your working on it this weekend. I could probably do Sunday. I like the sound of "custom tools", makes it sound like I didn't wing it with a hammer and an angle grinder.
rsp5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #304
rsp5003

My Ride: 2002 325ci
NM just saw you said you were leaving for a wedding. Give me a shout when you're back.
rsp5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #305
BDUB328I

I just landed in portland, only a few miles away from hpf. I really wish I had time to stop in!!!! I need to talk to thoes guys about some potential future mods
Old 08-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #306
BDUB328I

So i got back to PA and was ready to get the wiring finished with my car. Before i left for Portland i took out some wires from my m3 harness including the steering angle sensor plug and wires that connects to the steering column and another plug that connects to the DSC, Heated seats, sound button, tire pressure, sunshade ext.

Now is where i run into my problem. Spagetticoder doesnt have a diagram for the steering angle sensor (that i can find). I knew this before i took the steering angle sensor out so i took pictures of everything with my phone. Second problem is that a few days ago i noticed all the pictures i took on my phone for the past 6 months or so magically disappeared from my picture album on my phone!!!!

If anyone knows what fuse the steering angle sensor goes to please let me know... i was able to figure out the other 4 out of 5 wires just by looking at them (i know its bad when you can look at a wire and know where it belongs)

here is a link for the center switching plug that feeds the heated seat, DSC button ext.
http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/svg...7242.svg?m=e46

http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/e46...tching_centre/

and here is the best thing i can find for the steering angle sensor
http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/e46...-wheel_drive)/

Last edited by BDUB328I; 08-04-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #307
BDUB328I

i think i found it!!!

steering angle sensor info... notice R33

http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/zinfo/E46_PR33A.htm

http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/svg...5023.svg?m=e46

edit. this is correct. i just looked at my m3 harness and i remember taking a picture of fuse 40

Last edited by BDUB328I; 08-04-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #308
BDUB328I

i need to order my brake pipes finnally, however im not sure what ones i need, can someone help me with what ones i need? i have the 47 pin DSC connector that looks like this

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...71&hg=34&fg=20

and these are the two differnt types of pipes that are confusing me...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...14&hg=34&fg=17

and this is the more simple design. if either will work im going with this one...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...69&hg=34&fg=17

to me they both look wrong. because in the pic they seem to be hooking up to the DSC at the wrong angle compared to mine...? any help would be great.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #309
BDUB328I

does anyone know the difference between these two set of pipes i posted links to above?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #310
AMG-ETR
///AMG ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR
wow it has been almost a year and you're still going at this??

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #311
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by A55A55IN View Post
wow it has been almost a year and you're still going at this??
yea! tell me about it, i didnt do much over the winter because my garage isnt heated. On top of all that i have ran into 100x more wiring than i have herd anyone talk about who has done the swap. most people say its just the drive by wire pedal, the ekp fuel pump and two other wires for the water valve, this all adds up to about 15 wires. Let me just say i have done much more than that, after doing all that i upgraded from a 25 pin ASC unit to a 47 pin DSC also added the steering angle plug that is another 5 wires, then i added the 23 pin post 09-1999 switch center plug, because my car is 12-98 and had the older version of this stuff.

i went into this knowing it was going to be alot of wiring (about 20 wires)

now I've added about 100 wires to my car and removed 30+ and i think im done, just maybe a few more for the sunshade if i decide to put one in....

the hardest part is getting the old wires out, putting the new ones in is fairly easy once you figure out where they go.

I can't wait to finnally start putting it together, then my friends who claim they would help but cant understand the wiring wont have any excuses.

how is your car running A55INA55? love the new paint

Last edited by BDUB328I; 08-10-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #312
BDUB328I

looks like ill be doing the rear shade after all.....

http://www.m3torque.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111
Old 08-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #313
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
That's crucial, this ride will be Epic.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #314
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post
looks like ill be doing the rear shade after all.....

http://www.m3torque.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111
Nice. I have all the parts to do this on my 328 but haven't had the motivation to tackle it yet.

Great thread. We're the same age

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #315
AMG-ETR
///AMG ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post
yea! tell me about it, i didnt do much over the winter because my garage isnt heated. On top of all that i have ran into 100x more wiring than i have herd anyone talk about who has done the swap. most people say its just the drive by wire pedal, the ekp fuel pump and two other wires for the water valve, this all adds up to about 15 wires. Let me just say i have done much more than that, after doing all that i upgraded from a 25 pin ASC unit to a 47 pin DSC also added the steering angle plug that is another 5 wires, then i added the 23 pin post 09-1999 switch center plug, because my car is 12-98 and had the older version of this stuff.

i went into this knowing it was going to be alot of wiring (about 20 wires)

now I've added about 100 wires to my car and removed 30+ and i think im done, just maybe a few more for the sunshade if i decide to put one in....

the hardest part is getting the old wires out, putting the new ones in is fairly easy once you figure out where they go.

I can't wait to finnally start putting it together, then my friends who claim they would help but cant understand the wiring wont have any excuses.

how is your car running A55INA55? love the new paint
I would honestly give the wiring to someone who knows how to do it and just be done with it - you have done a great job so far but I would get some help with the wiring to help you out with the project.

Thanks! car is running great.

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #316
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
Nice. I have all the parts to do this on my 328 but haven't had the motivation to tackle it yet.

Great thread. We're the same age
i can walk you through it if you want, or if you want any close up pics of stuff let me know.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #317
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by A55A55IN View Post
I would honestly give the wiring to someone who knows how to do it and just be done with it - you have done a great job so far but I would get some help with the wiring to help you out with the project.

Thanks! car is running great.
Thats what makes it fun for me, I love when it takes me an hours to figure out 1 wire and then i get to plug it into the correct spot. even if i only get one wire in a day it makes me feel like a accoplished something...

now im basically done with the wires, the only wiring i have to do other than the rear sunshade is replace the ends of two heated seat wires that go to the switching center, my m3 donor didn't have heated seats, and my 328i heated seat wires dont have the correct end to fit into the switching center.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #318
JohnBlaze

so you're getting all the individual wires you need and adding them that way, not just using generic wire right?
Old 08-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #319
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by vI6ious View Post
so you're getting all the individual wires you need and adding them that way, not just using generic wire right?
That's correct, I took all the needed wires out of the m3 wiring harness I have and added them to my stock 328 wires
Old 08-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #320
JohnBlaze

oh, I thought some of the harness wiring was damaged. Guess that was only my car, not yours.

godspeed sir