E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #441
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
Anyone?

if someone can help me with this last (hopefully) wiring problem it would b much appreiciated.

i just need to know where pin 7 and pin 8 belong on x6011 (8 pin connector found inside the DME box)

Last edited by BDUB328I; 04-19-2013 at 12:47 PM.
BDUB328I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #442
BDUB328I

i just recieved a message from Cyberka and he told me that its optional to run the two wires to pin 7 and 8 of x6011. If thats the case then i wont bother doing it. So as far as i know my wiring is 100% complete.

hopefully i wont loose any functions because i leave these two wires out. if so i can always add them at a later time

Last edited by BDUB328I; 04-22-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #443
BDUB328I

when deciding on what clutch to buy people often talk about flywheel chatter or gear rattle. Advanced Clutch Technology (ACT) has an awesome bulletin explaining gear rattle. I thought i knew what gear rattle was until i got a chance to read this and learn the truth about what things can affect gear rattle.

If anyone else is in the market for a clutch i would suggest that you read this before you make your decision on what clutch to buy.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...qatnILuNvMo69g

Last edited by BDUB328I; 04-26-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #444
BDUB328I

i'm putting the finishing touches on my car now as im waiting for my clutch.

things i got done over the weekend: installed rear seats, installed trunk carpet, installed B,C, pillars.

I also got my plugs all organized in my ECU bin (plugged in all of them that come from the body).

I still have to put in my dash and re-install my cltuch/brake pedal assembaly. i removed it becasue i was having trouble getting the small white pin that holds the master cylinder to the clutch pedal in place. after removing the pedal assembly i got the pin in.

hopefully sometime this week i will have time to put the pedal as. back into place then put the dash in and finish up the interior.

I ran into a problem with my passenger side door pannel hitting the frame for my dash, it bumps it when i close the door (basically have to slam it to get it closed) and if you do that the dash frame is pushing into the door pannel. I've had my door pannels on and off multiple times. But for some reason ive spent 30 min getting the other 3 pannels on and hours trying to get this one to fit without hitting the dash and i have had no luck....any had this problem?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #445
BDUB328I

ok so I got my dash on, airbags in, pedals in. the interior is almost complete. The only things left to do in the interior is the front seats, the A pillars and the center counsel.

I also got an email from ACT and they said my clutch is ready to ship (almost 2 weeks early!!!). so I should be receiving that sometime this week.

get stuff done list (kinda like a "to do" list)
1.get a passenger side rear trailing arm
2.get center switch block (heated seat, sport ext.)
3.install ACT clutch/flywheel
4.mate trans to engine then bolt front end to engine.
5.install Stoptech brake lines
6.install brake pads
7. install engine/trans/front suspension
8.install all other small things/ radiator front clip ext. finish interior
9.put fluids in: Brake fluid, coolant, oil change.
10.Code everything to work.

Hopefully I can get all this stuff done soon, however the company I work for just went out of business. So I'm out of a job and money is tight at the moment. (its either time or money, I never have both)

sorry for lack of pictures I took a few. ill get them onto a host server sometime soon so everyone can check them out.

If anyone has an front Ash tray from a post 2002 e46 send me a PM. I'm looking for the black trim piece that holds the heated seat buttons, the ash tray ext.
also I'm still looking for a e46 m3 passenger side rear trailing arm from someone local.

If anyone has this stuff please send me a PM

Last edited by BDUB328I; 05-13-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #446
BDUB328I

clutch came in yesterday, however this is finals week for me so no time for car. Hopefully this weekend I will make some progress
Old 05-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #447
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci & z33 HR
good to see you still working on it as planned. I hope you get a job soon bro.

djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #448
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post
good to see you still working on it as planned. I hope you get a job soon bro.
thanks man. I just put together a parts list of some more nuts/bolts i need.

I found it interesting that the bolts that hold the brake calipers on are $20 a piece!!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #449
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post
thanks man. I just put together a parts list of some more nuts/bolts i need.

I found it interesting that the bolts that hold the brake calipers on are $20 a piece!!
I had to buy new ones for my M3 suspension swap, but I know I didn't pay that much!

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #450
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
I had to buy new ones for my M3 suspension swap, but I know I didn't pay that much!
maybe you can find them cheaper, I'm just going by what realoem had as a list price.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #451
BDUB328I

I got a lot done yesterday, I put the ACT clutch kit on. then the trans. then the Autosolutions SSK.

I took a video of the Clutch install, ill have to edit it and post it sometime next week probably.

I don't think ill be able to keep the SSk installed when i put everything into the car because the shifter will hit the tunnel or the pointy part of the linkage (sorry forget what exzactly its called) wont fit into the bushing that is connected to the car. I also didn't realize until i had everything on that autosolutions requires you to reuse the OEM clip that everyone struggles with. I don't have one so ill have to add this to the list of randoms i need yet.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #452
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
Sounds like you're coming along man! Any pics of the build?

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #453
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan Hussein View Post
Sounds like you're coming along man! Any pics of the build?
I have many more pictures other than what I've already posted. Unfortunately this forum won't allow me to upload anymore (I'm at the limit). I'm currently looking for a good server to host all my images.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #454
BDUB328I

Got some little things done yesterday. First i removed the shifter because i realized i cant install it in 1 piece. I left the linkage connected though so i wont have to struggle with the dreaded clip. I found the clip that goes through the shift linkage everyone struggles with. Takes about 3 seconds to install or remove when trans is out of car. I remember it taking me hours to get it out of my 5 speed 328 trans....

I put the starter in place but don't have the hardware. Then I moved on to installing the drivers side e brake cable. This was an interesting learning experience for me. I learned exactly how all the parts in the e brake worked and how to replace them. The most difficult part was getting the springs back on. What I did was put the spring on my the adjuster side fist, then hooked the other spring on the bottom first n used a hook tool to pick up and into the top hole. These springs r very tight and difficult to get into place.

I finished up by installing new spark plugs. I'm basically Stuck now until I get more hardware. Hopefully I can start working next week and start buying parts ASAP.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #455
BDUB328I

60,000+ views!!! Thanks guys.

Next i have to thank my new sponsor Advanced Clutch Technology (ACT). Without them and my other sponsors this build would not be possible.

I made a quick video showing the install of my ACT clutch/flywheel

If anyone has any questions about this kit or the install feel free to ask.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #456
BDUB328I

Got engine, trans and front end bolted on. Next is Steering linkage then connect everything
Old 05-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #457
BDUB328I

sorry for the delay but i finnally got around to making a photobucket to dump my pics in. here is a link

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/Bdub328i/library/

if anyone has any questions about any of these pics feel free to ask. FYI i removed the shifter prior to putting the engine/trans in

Last edited by BDUB328I; 05-31-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #458
BDUB328I

I got almost everything plugged into the engine, thanks again to cyberkaa his thread has been very useful for me to determine what connects where..THANKS CYBERKAA

As usual i found moar parts I'm missing so it will b at least a couple weeks until I can try to start my car...but I'm getting close
Old 06-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #459
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
No prob

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #460
BDUB328I

i've spent way to much time trying to find where this connects can someone please chime in? It comes from the back side of the black fuel injector wiring plastic thing im pointing to in the first link. the second link shows the actuall plug im talking about.

photo IMAG1948_zpsed1f16f0.jpg

photo IMAG1941_zpsc74e3711.jpg