E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #141
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisn View Post
Glad to hear this. I was going to ask why you were switching wiring harnesses
yea thanks to RIT my dad has a electrical engineering degree and can help me with the wires, i hate the stairs outside at RIT they are too big to take in one step yet to small to take two steps for each one.... lol

i made a huge list 3 pages long of all the parts/part numbers i need to order.. its basically every nut, bolt, washers, brackets, bushings.. ext. that i dont already have.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #142
travisn

My Ride: 01 325i
yeeeaaaaa I'm signed up for an EE minor but I don't think I'll be sticking around for it. ME would be my third degree and I need to get this show on the road.
travisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #143
kermitthefloer

My Ride: 04 330ci/ 99 S70
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisn View Post
yeeeaaaaa I'm signed up for an EE minor but I don't think I'll be sticking around for it. ME would be my third degree and I need to get this show on the road.
Yes Travis it is about time you get out of here lol. Dont end up like me, you have already dealt with the real world. I am still scared too.

OP cool to know your dad is an RIT Alum. How come you didnt join the orange and brown family.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:33 AM   #144
BDUB328I

I dont live near RIT, and i went to a local school instead.....(Millersville U) if i was a engeneering major i might have chosen RIT... but im a Buisness major
Old 10-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #145
kermitthefloer

My Ride: 04 330ci/ 99 S70
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post
I dont live near RIT, and i went to a local school instead.....(Millersville U) if i was a engeneering major i might have chosen RIT... but im a Buisness major
Understandable, you basically wanted to stay local? I wanted to get away from NYC and RIT gave me alot of aid. So decided to come here. They have a business college, I would know I am/was in it, lol. Management Information Systems though. Engineering is cool but I am pretty bad at math so decided it wasnt for me.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #146
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitthefloer View Post
Understandable, you basically wanted to stay local? I wanted to get away from NYC and RIT gave me alot of aid. So decided to come here. They have a business college, I would know I am/was in it, lol. Management Information Systems though. Engineering is cool but I am pretty bad at math so decided it wasnt for me.
yea im terrible at math, im in buisness calc right now (the last math class i need) and i cant wait for it to be finished.. holding a 85 in the class now so fingers crossed i wont need to take this ever again.... it sucks!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #147
BDUB328I

so i just added up the 82 different part numbers i need and the total came out to about $2000. thats not including some of them i need multiple of..... so who knows the cheepest place to get bmw oem parts? the two places i know are... thebmwpartstore.com and getbmwparts.com if someone has a better site please fill me in... also if someone knows which of these two sites is cheeper or better to deal with that would be good info too
Old 10-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #148
wat3rbug

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325 xi
I go to parts geek for some of my OEM parts.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #149
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3rbug View Post
I go to parts geek for some of my OEM parts.
GREAT FIND!! i think they have the best prices yet that i have found.. the few parts i searched were cheeper than both of the places i listed above... you just saved me a few hundred $
thank you!!

Last edited by BDUB328I; 10-18-2011 at 11:17 AM.
BDUB328I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #150
BDUB328I

progress has been slow, i have been waiting on parts and gathering info on what else i need... have about 5 or so gallons of old gas im going to have some fun with soon... last time we played with gas there was 4 fire trucks and 2 cops there within 5 min of lighting the fire.... hope that doesnt happen this time, lol
Old 10-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #151
travisn

My Ride: 01 325i
Just put it in your DD?
travisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #152
BDUB328I

its 6 months old, i wouldnt even put it in my lawn mower
Old 10-20-2011, 01:36 AM   #153
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
90% chance that you will give up once you start your motor and you cant rev it pass 1000rpm. Sorry but thats how I feel about it.

Been there , done that. If you wont give up , I have a few tips for you.

-you keep your 328 ews and keys, install MSs54 dme and bypass ews. How? I wont tell you how ,you need to either find someone who knows BMW electronics and has appropriate software or bypass it yourself.
-you MUST synchronize the DBW pedal to the CM. Gt1 can do that easily, even the chinese crack version can do that. I assume you know how to wire the DBW pedal? Quick tip: ANY DBW pedal will work, from any E46 that had DBW , even an automatic pedal will work.
-If you havent realized by now the oil cooler will only bolt up to M3 rad, so if you dont have M3 rad , go buy one.
-Water lines are opposite of what non-m are , if you dont have M3 ET then go and buy one.
-Think into replacing your steering rack. Why? you'll see why once you get to it.

M3 fuel pump is needed as well , you need to get 5bar at WOT or your car will shut off.

I can help you out on the way , if you want to..

Good luck, you're gonna need it.

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725

Last edited by Blocked Out; 10-20-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:08 AM   #154
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
lots of work ahead
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #155
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
90% chance that you will give up once you start your motor and you cant rev it pass 1000rpm. Sorry but thats how I feel about it.

Been there , done that. If you wont give up , I have a few tips for you.

-you keep your 328 ews and keys, install MSs54 dme and bypass ews. How? I wont tell you how ,you need to either find someone who knows BMW electronics and has appropriate software or bypass it yourself.
-you MUST synchronize the DBW pedal to the CM. Gt1 can do that easily, even the chinese crack version can do that. I assume you know how to wire the DBW pedal? Quick tip: ANY DBW pedal will work, from any E46 that had DBW , even an automatic pedal will work.
-If you havent realized by now the oil cooler will only bolt up to M3 rad, so if you dont have M3 rad , go buy one.
-Water lines are opposite of what non-m are , if you dont have M3 ET then go and buy one.
-Think into replacing your steering rack. Why? you'll see why once you get to it.

M3 fuel pump is needed as well , you need to get 5bar at WOT or your car will shut off.

I can help you out on the way , if you want to..

Good luck, you're gonna need it.
lol thanks for the tips, however did you read any of this thread? i have all of the stuff you listed from my m3 donor car i got the engine from, m3 fuel lines (even the fuel tank) steering rack, steering column, m3 DME EWS key, all of that.. im not sure what you mean by the m3 ET? but i have m3 rad and all the bells with that also.

thanks for the imput though, im sure ill be needing help from someone experienced down the line. im basically on hold right now waiting for parts to arive. and then im sure once they do ill need to order another handfull of parts that i forgot about. but i have basically everything, just need some nuts and bolts

and dont worrie, I WILL NOT GIVE UP. this motor will be running to its full potential in my car, there is no doubt in my mind

Last edited by BDUB328I; 10-20-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #156
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post
lol thanks for the tips, however did you read any of this thread? i have all of the stuff you listed from my m3 donor car i got the engine from, m3 fuel lines (even the fuel tank) steering rack, steering column, m3 DME EWS key, all of that.. im not sure what you mean by the m3 ET? but i have m3 rad and all the bells with that also.

thanks for the imput though, im sure ill be needing help from someone experience down the line. im basically on hold right now waiting for parts to arive. and then im sure once they do ill need to order another handfull of parts that i forgot about. but i have basically everything, just need some nuts and bolts

and dont worrie, I WILL NOT GIVE UP. this motor will be running to its full potential in my car, there is no doubt in my mind
That I didnt read. Its awesome that you have a whole donor car, it'll help you ALOT.

By Et I meant expansion tank, didnt know that you already have it.

Try to use as many M3 parts as you can(since you already got the donor car) like, engine mounts , control arms, cross brace, rear cross member etc . BTW when I saw how much longer the M3 control arms are compared to non-M I was a bit shocked.

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #157
BDUB328I

i dont actually have the donor car. i have everything from the donor m3 minus the shell basically. the guy i got everything from took everything off the M intending to part it individually, he sold the shell and then i got everything else, it sucks because he took almost everything appart (didnt keep the rear together ext.) so i have to spend like 2k on nuts, bolts and brackets for everything. and while im at it im replacing all the busings in the diff, subframe and suspension.

Last edited by BDUB328I; 10-20-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #158
BDUB328I

ok guys im ready to order some SS brake and Cluch lines. can someone tell me what company/brand is best? i did a seach a while ago and found a thread about it but now i cant find it anywhere....

also does anyone have any suggestions on clutch and flywheel upgrades? i want something that is easily daily driveable and will work with the stock M as well as FI if i decide to go that route in the future

Last edited by BDUB328I; 10-21-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #159
BDUB328I

someone has to have some imput on what brand to go with, i saw that HPF sells like 10 differnt brands for our car. i just want to know what one will last a lifetime, b easy to install, and perform great.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #160
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
I think all those questions you're asking are really personal preferences. Some people say uuc is a good clutch brand, but others say they suck. I'm still riding on oem clutch and flywheel so I can't comment on that.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer

IMAG02051
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote