E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
chivo328

My Ride: 328/330/633/M5
Awesome Culinary Carnage

I don't get too many opportunities to dine at higher end establishments but...

Had dinner at the Ivy on Friday night, Dinner at Spago on Saturday night, and brunch at Buchon on Sunday morning.

Just wanted to share that with a crowd that might appreciate it.

That is all.
chivo328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
very nice man.. spago is a good place def

i'm going to DR next week, i'll def take some pics of the places i'll be going, gonna be a 5 day feast
Old 09-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
chivo328

Yeah believe me I was wishing I had a camera but everything was very last minute and I had no idea we had reservations at any of these places. I would NEVER imagine myself spending a weekend in Beverly Hills but damn the food was nice. Spago was pretty impressive especially when you consider how long it's been around. Gnocchi in a lamb ragu and slow roasted leg of rabbit

Chicken and waffles at Buchon was unbelievable, the waffles were chive and bacon the chicken was pan roasted as opposed to fried which made me hesitate but it turns out the skin was super chrispy. All served with sides of a pan reduced gravy with extra bacon thrown in the mix, vermont maple syrup, and Tahitian vanilla bean butter that was just this side of a butter cream frosting. If this is what Thomas Keller does for brunch I can only imagine what French Laundry must be like.

When you say DR do you mean Dominican Republic?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
JJR4884

dude i just read your second paragraph like six times.... holy shiit dude

ya dom republic... one place i know i am going is here

http://www.grupointeractivo.com/bocamarina/

eat out on the water, so ill
Old 09-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
chivo328

That place looks amaaaaazing. Reminds me a little of this place I ate at in Aruba http://www.arubarestaurants.com/inte...hos-grill-bar/ only the place you're going looks bigger and nicer. While the menu at Pincho was very fresh and done very well it was a bit limited compared to the offering at Boca Marina. I'd be tempted to try the paella but everything sounds pretty fukcing tasty.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
JJR4884

that looks like a really nice place man... ya i went there 2 years ago, the food was amazing, in between courses you go for a little swim... so sick

can't wait to step foot in there again
Old 09-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #7
chivo328

Very cool. Can't wait to see the pics. Hope the weather cooperates.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
JJR4884

:fingerscrossed: thanks for bringing it up

<3