E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 01:12 AM   #21
iamwilliam

My Ride: 04 m3 coupe
Just got height adjusted, all wheel balancing, and alignment done at west end alignment in gardena.. i thought the car handled well before, now the car is another kind of animal.. made such a huge difference in handling i don't know why i didn't get it done sooner. I definitely recommend this shop to anyone in the area who needs to get their alignment or suspension tuned, darin and chris were super helpful and these guys really know their stuff. A+++
iamwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #22
iamwilliam

Just mounted my square set up and it rubs the plastic fender liner when turning so i'm not sure if i'm gonna keep them on for now. And kinda sticks out a little too much for my taste. The car was just four wheel balanced and aligned so i don't want to mess with ride height and camber. But here are some pics of how it looks.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Old 11-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #23
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Adjust your camber, Im running the same wheel setup. What are you lowered on btw?
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #24
w0w

My Ride: 00 323i
go and get your camber re-adjusted. also what tire size are you running? thats another cause of your rubbing as well. im running 245's on m3 rear's all around on my non-m and i dont rub

Old 11-02-2011, 02:16 AM   #25
iamwilliam

i'm running 255-40-18's in the front and 275-35-18's in the rear.. all on the oem rear wheels. The front and rear camber settings are all at -1.5. What settings are you guys running and won't tire wear be an issue? This car is still my daily driver so is a square set up a bad idea? I'm currently lowered on ST V1 coilovers with no camber plates (oem top mounts).
Old 11-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #26
w0w

My Ride: 00 323i
i think you should be running 255/35/18 up front. your sidewall right now is too tall, and 275's are bound to cause problems only because you're running a huge tire on such a skinny wheel (9 inches wide) therefore the sidewall is bulging out
Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #27
rcsummers

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwilliam View Post
thinking about getting a faux carbon fiber roof (vinyl).. do you guys think it looks good or tacky?

here's a link http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=704966
dont go faux. do gloss black

Quote:
i'm running 255-40-18's in the front and 275-35-18's in the rear.. all on the oem rear wheels. The front and rear camber settings are all at -1.5. What settings are you guys running and won't tire wear be an issue? This car is still my daily driver so is a square set up a bad idea? I'm currently lowered on ST V1 coilovers with no camber plates (oem top mounts).
you need camber plates up front for anything more than what you have. i highly suggest getting them.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #28
iamwilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsummers View Post
dont go faux. do gloss black
yeah, i agree that the gloss black looks nicer, might get it done when i have some time.

Quote:
you need camber plates up front for anything more than what you have. i highly suggest getting them.
any recommendations? turner's street plates? what are you running on yours? how do you like them?
Old 11-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #29
rcsummers

My Ride: M3
Quote:
yeah, i agree that the gloss black looks nicer, might get it done when i have some time.

any recommendations? turner's street plates? what are you running on yours? how do you like them?
im running Status Gruppe Tuning camber plates. theyre great. Id go with something adjustable. the fixed camber plates wont give you much adjustment over stock.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:43 AM   #30
iamwilliam

Quote:
im running Status Gruppe Tuning camber plates. theyre great. Id go with something adjustable. the fixed camber plates wont give you much adjustment over stock.
I tried looking for the status gruppe camber plates and it seems like you can only get them with the coilover set. I can't find them by themselves. I think i'll probably just stick with the stock top hats for now and just go with smaller tires to make the square wheel set fit. Just threw the oem fronts back on.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:44 AM   #31
iamwilliam

Just sold an old set of wheels have $400 to spend.. what should i buy?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:43 AM   #32
iamwilliam

should be picking up a new set of wheels soon.. but got a small carbon fiber oem style trunk lip spoiler for super cheap so here it is.. i am not sure if i like it as much as the oem white one. let me know what you guys think..
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Old 11-28-2011, 01:41 AM   #33
KamPow3r

My Ride: ....
Nice pick up...clean ride!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:10 AM   #34
iamwilliam

new wheels on the wayyyyyyyyy
Old 12-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #35
MySoccerM3

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Was searching around and found the macht schnell stage 1 intake charge kit that upgrades the intake elbow and drop in filter. The site claims dyno tested increase of over 10rwhp and 7ft/lbs tq. Anyone have this kit? please chime in. thx
When I first got the kit and rpi scoops I thought the throttle response was better on the open road. I didn't dyno before/after so I'm not sure about the manufacture claims. I could not "feel" the difference, but I'm not sure I'd notice such small increases anyway. However, I did notice the improved intake sound from the kit, particularly as WOT. It's about 50/50 - those that think it's worth it and those that don't... IMO for the price, why not?.

EXTERIOR: CF splitter/diffuser, black grills, AE, painted markers/license plate frame, monochrome, fog light delete INTERIOR: Aluminum SMG paddles, shift knob, peddles OTHER: MS elbow/filter, RPI scoops, AA tune, JVT headers, 200 cell metallic cats, Borla muffler, TMS pulleys, Koni yellows, Vogtland springs, 15f/12r spacers, Powerflex RTAB, Treehouse FCAB, black zinc rotors, mini battery.
MySoccerM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #36
mikehundreds

My Ride: 2000 323i
where did you get the carbon fiber trunk lip from? looks great!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #37
iamwilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehundreds View Post
where did you get the carbon fiber trunk lip from? looks great!
thanks man! i got mine from someone on the forums, but i know modbargains has them http://www.modbargains.com/_e/Exteri...or_E39_E46.htm
Old 12-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #38
iamwilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySoccerM3 View Post
When I first got the kit and rpi scoops I thought the throttle response was better on the open road. I didn't dyno before/after so I'm not sure about the manufacture claims. I could not "feel" the difference, but I'm not sure I'd notice such small increases anyway. However, I did notice the improved intake sound from the kit, particularly as WOT. It's about 50/50 - those that think it's worth it and those that don't... IMO for the price, why not?.
thanks for the help.. now debating on whether i want the macht schnell charge kit w/ rpi scoops or the afe super stock intake kit both seem basically the same. and end up being about the same price
Old 12-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #39
IHAZBMR

My Ride: '02 M3 SMG
Quote:
thanks for the help.. now debating on whether i want the macht schnell charge kit w/ rpi scoops or the afe super stock intake kit both seem basically the same. and end up being about the same price
Ya I've been looking at the same thing, saw the aFe kit for a ridiculous price, but think it was a typo on the site because it changed not long after I commented on it....the Macht Schnell kit is a bit cheaper and if I buy it at a place here they will install it free...

'02 Ti Silver M3 SMG SoCal I.E.

Mods: 35% Ceramic tint, CF Wrap Interior, CF roundels, CF Shift Knob, Painted reflectors, Cell Phone holder, Euro mirrors, Dice Mediabridge, Sirius SC-C1

IHAZBMR's '02 M3 SMG
IHAZBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #40
LA Prince
Banned User

My Ride: Not Your Business
Nice M3, nicely done mods!

Do a glossy roof not faux, it would look nice with the white.

Remove the CF trunk lip honestly looks horrible, put the white back!
LA Prince is offline   Reply With Quote