E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
radarcontact

My Ride: 2006 330CiC/ZHP
Talking I've got an "in" with an audio dealer. Cheap prices!

Hey guys,

My friend Greg in Miami is an Air Traffic Controller, like me, but he also does some really awesome custom audio install work. I was talking to him the other day and I asked him if I could offer "barely above dealer cost" to the fanatics. He got back to me yesterday and said he would do it!
I sent him a list of stuff I thought fanatics would be interested in, and he's working up a price list for me as I write this. All prices will include free shipping if you mention my name, "RadarContact" in your email. That way he will know where the business is coming from, and will honor the lower prices.
He isnt a retail seller, which means it may take a week to get the product you want, if it's not something he keeps on hand. But all merchandise will be brand new, and fully warrantied by the manufacturer...he's authorized, in other words.
I'll post a price list of the components I asked him about in a few days. Expect stuff from DLS, Arc Audio, Massive Audio, and maybe some others...
radarcontact is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
radarcontact

I just got MY NEW AMP from UPS!! It's fvcking gorgeous!! Next weekend...phase 3...!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1318022671.834833.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	419963

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1318022721.622894.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	419964

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1318022757.671905.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	419965

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1318022794.584026.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	419966
Old 10-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
radarcontact

The list!

Greg got me the list today. He wanted me to explain that some of his prices, on some items, may be more expensive than what you might be able to find elsewhere. He said that sometimes the big online sellers will get a 100 lot discount, and therefore can sell them a bit cheaper until they run out. Again, he's not a retailer so he just buys one or two at a time, usually to have on-hand for installs.

Anyway, I think the prices look fantastic. I will try to get them posted tomorrow.

By the way, I am not making ANYTHING on any future sales. I just wanted to try to get fanatics a better price if I could. I told Greg if he made some fanatic sales, that he owed me a logo Hat or T-Shirt or something like that.
Once I post the list tomorrow, I'm out.

(if you think you might be interested in buying audio equipment sometime in the future, and want to be able to compare Greg's stuff, I would suggest bookmarking this thread, that way you have it available. You know how fast the threads get "buried")
Old 10-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
radarcontact

Here it is. To order, contact Greg at southeastcustomz@aol.com. First, please read the restrictions at the bottom of the pricing sheet.
  • No haggling.
  • Shipped CONUS only; FREE if you mention “RadarContact” when ordering.
  • PayPal fees are paid by the buyer.

The List - Prices for Darrin.pdf
Old 10-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
trippmann

My Ride: E30
Send a message via AIM to trippmann
damn, those are some nice cuts! im just starting to learn about audio and i can honestly say, i will order from him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
^It seriously was the worst decision of my life to sign up for this site.
trippmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
radarcontact

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippmann View Post
damn, those are some nice cuts! im just starting to learn about audio and i can honestly say, i will order from him!
I agree. It was very cool of him to hook us up (audio dealers usually don't cut prices to "cost plus x%" on everything across the board). He's a good guy. He used to sell different stuff but told me that the quality versus price on ARC, DLS, and Massive are impossible to beat. IOW, they should sell for more than they do, even retail. I would love to hear the DLS Reference 6.3 set as a direct replacement for the HK set, driven by the NX5...that would be sweet!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
Hollywood516

My Ride: 02 330i
what kind of amp did you get? Hey my wife is ATCT @ NY TRACON.. im always buying audio crap.. thx for the info
Old 10-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
radarcontact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood516 View Post
what kind of amp did you get? Hey my wife is ATCT @ NY TRACON.. im always buying audio crap.. thx for the info
No sh!t...small world.
That's the Massive Audio NX5. High power 5-channel, "nano technology" (small).
Getting ready to install it right now as a matter of fact. Wish me luck!
(I'll make a thread on the install when I'm done).
Old 10-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
radarcontact

Hey guys, passing on some more info...
I needed some additional ($86 worth) of install stuff -- fuse blocks, fuses, wire, fan, etc.

I ended up getting EVERYTHING from a company called DARVEX http://www.darvex.com, and I got better prices than anywhere else I could find. That was at 9am this morning when I placed my order. At 9:17, I got an email saying everything had just been shipped out!! Wow. Plus they have free shipping on over $25. Win, win.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #10
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
Thanks for hooking up the forum!

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:58 PM   #11
radarcontact

Exclamation Upated email address

Greg asked me to use a different, updated, email:

greg@southeastcustomz.com

Cheers!

Last edited by radarcontact; 10-23-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Updated email address
Old 03-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
shellback

My Ride: BMW
thread revival...
thoughts/reviews on the MA NX5?
shellback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #13
lakedude90

My Ride: 03' 325i
those are some sick prices man. Do you know if he would able to get other brands that might not be on the list? Jw thats all
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #14
radarcontact

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellback View Post
thread revival...
thoughts/reviews on the MA NX5?
"HEY!!! Can I get a hallelujah?!!"

Oops, wrong kind of revival...

I really liked the NX5! However, long story short, I had problems with my signal processor in the chain prior to the NX5, but didn't know it. So the NX5 showed "PROTECTION" and shut down every time I tried to turn on the system. So I returned it and got the Arc Audio unit instead. By that time I had a new signal processor and the new Arc amp worked fine. It was only looking back that we figured it all out. One of those, "Thaaaaat's why blah, blah, blah...!" discoveries.

Anyway, it seemed like a good unit, but I think that the power specs are over-inflated. I must say that I like the Arc much better; it's is a f*cking beast, especially since I have it bridged! :devil:

I know Greg (the dealer) likes the Arc much better as well, and he installs both all the time.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
radarcontact

Here's the Arc installed:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...301&highlight=
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
radarcontact

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedude90 View Post
those are some sick prices man. Do you know if he would able to get other brands that might not be on the list? Jw thats all
Maybe...

I'd just shoot him an email, mention me (Darrin/Radarcontact) for the best pricing, and see what he says. He's a straight-up dude.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
lakedude90

My Ride: 03' 325i
kool man. deff some quality stuff there too. straight up is the only way to be in sales buisness
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote