E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2014, 10:20 PM   #1
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
California....

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/oag.ca.gov/f...ms/removed.pdf

Be sure to check out the bottom right hand of the image below.....

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat

Last edited by MP0WER; 09-28-2014 at 01:40 PM.
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
So they basically de-certified every pistol from Ruger, S&W, and Sig Sauer.

Sent from my freaking awesome HTC One
ryanwhite74115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
MP0WER

Pretty much. S&W took it on the chin.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Old 09-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
The funny part is that S&W is a company that has been very active in making CA compliant firearms from the start.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #5
BruceWonder

My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
hope its not too late for me to SSE a non thumb safety m&p shield. still a couple days short to dros my next firearm
Old 10-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
why gun owners live in California is beyond me.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
MP0WER

I was talking to someone about places I'd live. They thought it was strange that a state's gun laws were on my deal breaker list.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #8
BruceWonder

Just purchased my non-safety M&P shiled today. Now the 10 day DROS begins. Have my CCW interview on DEC 9th. hope everything goes well.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #9
MP0WER

Hope it goes well too. Good luck!

Last edited by MP0WER; 11-06-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #10
Devious21

My Ride: is topless
I purchased an XDS for my fictional CCW. My last SSE of the year was a XDM 5.25 to match.

Devious21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #11
Ferm3

My Ride: 2003 Topaz Blue M3
I'm not sure how this would apply to thugs carrying illegally...but wouldn't this protect you if you bought a gun and the 3rd+ previous owner had stolen it? You didn't know, but you're still in possession of a stolen weapon. If it protects illegal activity that's no good, but if it protects a honest person from a Salem style witch trial I'm for it. We call it common sense, but they had to put it in a law. Come to S.C. We like gun people.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #12
Devious21

Just found out that I got shafted on XDM I bought during the Springfield's Gear Up promotion. The deal was to get 3 free mags and a mag holster. They sent me an email saying they won't ship magazines to my state because they're hicap. Now they've shipped out just a mag holster for magazines I don't have.

Fvck California. Need to get out of this shithole.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #13
MP0WER

That blows! They obviously have Cal capacity mags, why don't they just ship those in lieu of the standard capacity mags?

Old 11-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #14
Devious21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
That blows! They obviously have Cal capacity mags, why don't they just ship those in lieu of the standard capacity mags?
I figured they did but I guess they do not make one for the XDM. They just have the standard 19 round magazine.

Their reply to me was short and sweet. It said that they will not ship to an FFL in Ca or an address OUTSIDE the state, they wouldn't make any substitutions or exceptions, etc. I did some research and people who knew better had them shipped outside of California. Because I already submitted my paperwork with a Ca address, they won't let me change it. They also implied it was because I'd be trying to circumvent the law. Here's what they said, emphasis is theirs.

Quote:
I apologize but, there are no exceptions or substitutions of product. We cannot ship the high cap mags to another address, state or entity as you have already submitted a serial# and form under your name and address. A copy of the rules and regulations on the promo is listed below.
Please watch our website for future promos and sales!

Attempts to redeem product in a fraudulent manner is a violation of postal and other laws. Offer valid only in United States when purchased through authorized Springfield Armory® distribution. Void where prohibited by law, subject to tax, or otherwise restricted.

Last edited by Devious21; 11-10-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #15
MP0WER

Wait, so the XDS coms with a standard 19 rd mag, which they are ok with shipping to CA, but won't ship the extras? Or do you just get the pistol and mag holster and no mags? Or was this XDS previously purchased and the deal was for 3 mags and a mag holster.

I'm confused.... damn California!

Old 11-11-2014, 12:15 AM   #16
BruceWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
Just found out that I got shafted on XDM I bought during the Springfield's Gear Up promotion. The deal was to get 3 free mags and a mag holster. They sent me an email saying they won't ship magazines to my state because they're hicap. Now they've shipped out just a mag holster for magazines I don't have.

Fvck California. Need to get out of this shithole.
same shiet happen to me when i bought my Sig. missed the promotion for a bag and 2 free mags by 3 weeks
Old 11-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #17
BruceWonder

damm, i wouldnt got the mag anyways...damm stupid CA laws
Old 11-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #18
Devious21

Quote:
Wait, so the XDS coms with a standard 19 rd mag, which they are ok with shipping to CA, but won't ship the extras? Or do you just get the pistol and mag holster and no mags? Or was this XDS previously purchased and the deal was for 3 mags and a mag holster.

XDM* but yeah. My pistol came with 3 19 rounds magazines, which I'm going to have blocked to 10 rounds. The catch is it wasn't shipped by Springfield into California but by dealers or distributors, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWonder View Post
same shiet happen to me when i bought my Sig. missed the promotion for a bag and 2 free mags by 3 weeks
This is the part of my story that sucks.
  • I also missed the Sig promotion by a few weeks. Bought a p226 and then about a month later found out I missed the mag promotion.
  • THEN, I bought a Springfield XDS a few weeks before the promotion. Missed 3 mags for that.
  • So THEN, I bought the XDM WITHIN the promotion, SPECIFICALLY FOR THE GOD DAMN MAGS. And now they are loopholing me out of them.

So the last three guns I've bought, I'm down 8 magazines. I could have bought a 22lr Pistol with all the mags I've missed out on.

Last edited by Devious21; 11-11-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #19
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Quote:

Pretty sure they ship a different version to Cali. My XD9 Box has a gigantic sticker that says NOT LEGAL FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA .

It came with the standard mag and I got the Gear Up promotion as well.

Last edited by Ghostie; 11-11-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #20
Devious21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
Pretty sure they ship a different version to Cali. My XD9 Box has a gigantic sticker that says NOT LEGAL FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA .

It came with the standard mag and I got the Gear Up promotion as well.
This is the problem I think. I don't believe they make a Ca version of the XDM, which I am finding out now.

Last edited by Devious21; 11-11-2014 at 10:52 AM.