E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #21
AndyN

My Ride: ESS TS2 325ci
I hav to agree with OP, I ordered a set of EMpower wheels at end of Jun this year and after a month I rang and asked what is the hold up. They told me that there is a delay with the manufacturer so it should take 6 weeks. That was fine so I rang them again on the start of september in which I was told that I would have to wait another 6 weeks. I contacted Dforce myself and they have told me the same thing so I cant really get annoyed with UUC even though they will process your order within a couple of hours and say that they are in stock and only after they have cleared the money from your account you get the notification to say that your order is delayed.

Go look on the UUC site at the moment and it wont mention anything about these wheels not being in stock for the last few months..
I ordered the Short shifter off them and got it very quickly. They should really let the customer know the waiting time of the product before they take the money..

They should really employ a lean engineer to sort out the sh*t from the shovel in their company...
AndyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #22
The_Don

My Ride: 2001, 325Ci
They definitely don't update their website enough. If you take a look at the installation instructions section, there is only one active link. I don't think they have an in-house web master.

As for the china comment...... No Way!!! Keep it as American as possible.

For Sale
The_Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #23
AndyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Don View Post
They definitely don't update their website enough. If you take a look at the installation instructions section, there is only one active link. I don't think they have an in-house web master.

As for the china comment...... No Way!!! Keep it as American as possible.
Unfortunatly those Dforce wheels are coming from China!!! They aint american as far as I know.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #24
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
misleading title is misleading. Sorry for your troubles, but i was here for teh nudz
+1
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #25
The_Don

My Ride: 2001, 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
Unfortunatly those Dforce wheels are coming from China!!! They aint american as far as I know.
Well that sucks. That will definitely contribute to the long wait for delivery. Customs can delay things quite a bit. I had considered them in the past, and I'm glad I didn't buy them now.

For Sale
The_Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #26
southpaw

My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
That sUUCks.

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #27
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
UUC Motorwerks, *******

My Ride: 7s, M5s, M3s, others
We do apologize for the difficulty with your order.

We are currently operating out of two warehouses, one on the east coast and one on the west coast. We've been doing this to minimize shipping times to all customers.

Unfortunately, we've run into an issue recently with our internal communications system, some orders (notably brake rotors) have been delayed or lost in the system.

We have taken significant steps to correct this problem, and do not anticipate it happening again.

Again, sorry for your inconvenience.

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

ALL CURRENT UUC SPECIALS:
-[ CLICK HERE ]
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #28
AndyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks View Post
We do apologize for the difficulty with your order.

We are currently operating out of two warehouses, one on the east coast and one on the west coast. We've been doing this to minimize shipping times to all customers.

Unfortunately, we've run into an issue recently with our internal communications system, some orders (notably brake rotors) have been delayed or lost in the system.

We have taken significant steps to correct this problem, and do not anticipate it happening again.

Again, sorry for your inconvenience.
Hey Rob,
So whats the story with the Dforce wheels? Ordered them in June and still waiting?
Old 10-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #29
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,

And quacks like a duck, then it's a DUCK!
This company has apparently been having problems with excuses for many months now. It's nice to get an apology, but if this was my business and a I wanted to get it back on the track to a good reputation, I'd have reached out with more than what was said here. I'd invite people to email me personally and I'd hand walk orders thru to make things right.

And when I called in multiple times and gave my order number, the woman in shipping knew exactly who I was and what my order was for. So it was not lost.
I'd seriously get out of your order immediately and be very reluctant to place any more orders into the future.
Tell me you don't get bad vibes from here?

Quote:
Hey Rob,
So whats the story with the Dforce wheels? Ordered them in June and still waiting?
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 AM   #30
AndyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
And quacks like a duck, then it's a DUCK!
This company has apparently been having problems with excuses for many months now. It's nice to get an apology, but if this was my business and a I wanted to get it back on the track to a good reputation, I'd have reached out with more than what was said here. I'd invite people to email me personally and I'd hand walk orders thru to make things right.

And when I called in multiple times and gave my order number, the woman in shipping knew exactly who I was and what my order was for. So it was not lost.
I'd seriously get out of your order immediately and be very reluctant to place any more orders into the future.
Tell me you don't get bad vibes from here?
Ya completely! Its just I have waited this long for them so far that I am going to hold off. If I dont recieve them in the next 2-3 weeks I will cancel my order for sure. I am kind of getting tired of "There is a manufacturing problem and it is out of our control".
Old 10-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #31
hotkarl

My Ride: ZHP
I ordered sway bars from UUC. It took six months for delivery. The web site said “in stock” that why I ordered them.

I called customer service several times. Each time a condescending representative assured me they would ship next week.

FAIL
hotkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #32
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
You've Got Patience!

I think I'm seeing a pattern here!
Yikes, who would place an order knowing this?

I did get my underdrive pulleys quickly a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I ordered sway bars from UUC. It took six months for delivery. The web site said “in stock” that why I ordered them.

I called customer service several times. Each time a condescending representative assured me they would ship next week.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #33
flashmeow
Banned User

My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
was the issue every resolved?
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #34
AndyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post

You gotta love the "In Stock" label on absolutely everything they have, where realistically I doubt they even have 20% of there stock at once.
It seems as if you order from UUC and they then place the order with the manufacturer and hope that it all works smoothly.

As for the customer service, when I was told that the 8.5J wheels werent "in Stock" I was recommended to put 9.5J all round, By the way this is on a non m, a 325 infact!!

I cant do anything at the moment but laugh and think thank God Im not the one answering the phone to all the unhappy customers all day.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #35
LivesNearCostco

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6MT
I recently ordered some rear brake rotors from UUC and had a shipping delay, but after a few days and a few phone calls, they shipped the rotors to me from their West coast warehouse and I got them the next day. They were always polite and friendly when I called. Total delay to ship was about one week, but shipping UPS ground from a West coast warehouse saved 4 business days compared to shipping from Georgia, so my brake rotors arrived only a few days late. I would definitely buy from UUC again, as long as it's a part that they have in stock.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #36
UUC Motorwerks, *******

Quote:
Hey Rob,
I really don't have a good answer for you. D-Force has been having production delays. We've only been finding out about these problems after estimated delivery dates we're given.

Sorry for the wait, I wish there was something we could do about it.

I also would think it's evident to most people that delays with third-party products are not something that UUC can control. We pass along the information that we are given.

D-Force is still a fantastic wheel, the absolute best at even 3X the price. I do expect they will have their production problems sorted out soon enough.

-[ CLICK HERE ]
Old 10-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #37
UUC Motorwerks, *******

Quote:
You gotta love the "In Stock" label on absolutely everything they have, where realistically I doubt they even have 20% of there stock at once.
Realistically, that's completely untrue. Our inventory status information on our website is fundamentally 100% accurate. The problems with shipping some orders in this thread are more an issue of third-party shipping errors or, unfortunately on our end recently, communications difficulties between our GA and CA warehouses.

Quote:
It seems as if you order from UUC and they then place the order with the manufacturer and hope that it all works smoothly.
With the exception of the obvious items (D-Force wheels, AFE intakes, software products), UUC is the manufacturer of the parts we sell. That's a critical differnce. We're not "downloading" items from some web server - these are all hard parts, made right here in the USA.

Again, we apologize for any delays or issues with orders... but as you can see here, calling UUC gets you instant help. Posting on a message board, not so much, fellow posters aren't shipping your order!

We do appreciate your support of UUC.

-[ CLICK HERE ]