E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #101
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to choleaoum
Just pulled my fenders
choleaoum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:42 AM   #102
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

Here's the pictures of my new setup 18x10.5-6 with 225/40/18's, with no pull. I got 225/35's to make it clear a bit better but other then that I like it. It's still a trial&error process right now. Keep the hating out of here, this is my personal installer thread and I don't want it to get out of control.

I haven't mounted my front wheels yet, it's throwing off the whole symmetry lmao.

It took 3 hours to have those cambered arms installed, the differential had to be loosened to allow clearance for the dang camber bolt.

Last edited by choleaoum; 11-19-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #103
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
To be clear those pictures are of before you pulled your fenders? Wheres the new ones of the fenders pulled????
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #104
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

Those pictures are before I pulled the fenders, I didn't test fit the rims after I pulled the fenders because the buyer really needed the tires which didn't give me much time to play with lol. The 225/35 SHOULD allow me to clear it with minor rubbing. My springs are fairly stiff, so I shouldn't rub unless I'm going hard ass hell on a corner with the new tires. (I'm hoping, I might shave the hubs down 10mm's to allow me to decrease the camber) It's gonna suck, I have to disassemble all the rims again LOL.

Here's the clearance I have from the inside,

Last edited by choleaoum; 11-19-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:03 AM   #105
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by choleaoum View Post
Those pictures are before I pulled the fenders, I didn't test fit the rims after I pulled the fenders because the buyer really needed the tires which didn't give me much time to play with lol. The 225/35 SHOULD allow me to clear it with minor rubbing. My springs are fairly stiff, so I shouldn't rub unless I'm going hard ass hell on a corner with the new tires. (I'm hoping, I might shave the hubs down 10mm's to allow me to decrease the camber)
Plan on making less negative camber or are you keeping it there? Can you replace wheel bearings?
Old 11-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #106
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

I can replace it, but the job is a pain in the ass haha it might not be worth it for you to drive out from Sacramento! You can call me a ***** all you want but I honestly like the camber lol. Although, it is a bit excessive I'm hoping the 225/35 will let me bring it down. It just depends how much clearance I'll have and I'll adjust accordingly. If I shave the hub and run smaller tires, I can decrease the camber for sure.

I tried to create a time lapse video of all the work from start, but it's too late now. LOL. I will try to post a video of what I have left if I can get a intervalometer working.

After these wheels, I'm throwing a turbo in this sucker lol.

Last edited by choleaoum; 11-19-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:26 AM   #107
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
I can replace it, but the job is a pain in the ass haha it might not be worth it for you to drive out from Sacramento! You can call me a ***** all you want but I honestly like the camber lol. Although, it is a bit excessive I'm hoping the 225/35 will let me bring it down. It just depends how much clearance I'll have and I'll adjust accordingly. If I shave the hub and run smaller tires, I can decrease the camber for sure.

I tried to create a time lapse video of all the work from start, but it's too late now. LOL. I will try to post a video of what I have left if I can get a intervalometer working.
How much would you charge to replace one rear wheel bearing? I'll be in LA for bimmerfest

Different strokes for different folks haha. I think that the camber is wayyyy too much but I'm not bashing. It looks great from this angle imo..

but from every other angle...

Would you shave the hub yourself? Is there any negative effects from doing that?

Sorry for all the questions. If you would rather we pm about all of this then just tell me.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #108
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

Nah, I don't mind at all lol. I don't see where there could be any negative affects unless the actual hub bore was too short not allowing the rim to fully seat. It's alright, I posted knowing people aren't going to agree. I came from the whole VIP scene with my bagged G but never had a chance to finish lol.

I was told I can shave it myself since I have the machine at my shop, but I think I would want a professional machinest to shave it for me. I don't want to have the possiblility of ruining the balance, or the way it mounts by shaving it off crooked. I'll ask my dad if he can help me rig my machine because my wheel guy says the machine i use to shave my rotors can be used to shave my faces.

Edit: also, can cause vibration if shaved unevenly lol.

Last edited by choleaoum; 11-19-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #109
domcreates
Banned User

How much would you charge to replace one rear wheel bearing? I'll be in LA for bimmerfest
Old 11-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #110
perucho330i

My Ride: 02 330I
He has done a full suspension overhaul coilovers....rotors and brakes...and many more things to come lol
question....can anyone tell me the difference between angel eye kits? why some cost $65 and other $100
perucho330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #111
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by perucho330i View Post
He has done a full suspension overhaul coilovers....rotors and brakes...and many more things to come lol
question....can anyone tell me the difference between angel eye kits? why some cost $65 and other $100
quality? color? brand? brightness?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #112
gsxrboy007

My Ride: E46 M3
I have one bad front wheel or maybe two not sure. I have replaced the barrels on both and they still vibrate. If i was to bring them to u do they need to be off the car and how long would you need them for? Thank you for any information you can provide me.

2002 E46 SMG M3 Jlevis power pullies, Dinan 3:91 gears, Dinan exhaust, Dinan Stage 3 Engine Upgrade, Dinan Cold Air Intake, Dinan strut bar, Lowered on KONI shocks and H@R sport springs, Stage 2 Stop Tech brakes, Titanium Silver Carbon Fiber interior, Kenwood Double Din fueled by JL Audio!!!
gsxrboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:46 AM   #113
kwlaznkid

My Ride: 335i/M3/CLK500
Send a message via AIM to kwlaznkid Send a message via Yahoo to kwlaznkid
how much can you pull a quarter pannel before it starts to look weird? my e92 looks so narrow compared to my m3 i just can't stand it..

Need angel eyes or any lighting stuff installed in OC? PM me, cheapest around, I promise
BMW E92 328I BMW E46 M3 Mercedes Benz CLK500
BMW E92 335I (SOLD)
Porsche 996 911 C2 (SOLD)
BMW E46 325Ci (TOTALED)
kwlaznkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:00 AM   #114
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

Wassup John, you got new wheels? And I can pull about half a inch, ill take more pictures of my pull. Looks completely oem honestly.

@gsxr I'll shoot you a pm brotha I need more detaik
Old 11-20-2011, 03:14 AM   #115
PrittyM3

My Ride: E46 M3
i can vouch for cholea, great work for a great price. I've recommended you to so many people haha. i think another guy will be going to you for a coilover install and then he's wants you to fit his wheels so he can be flush.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:58 AM   #116
kwlaznkid

My Ride: 335i/M3/CLK500
Send a message via AIM to kwlaznkid Send a message via Yahoo to kwlaznkid
Quote:
Wassup John, you got new wheels? And I can pull about half a inch, ill take more pictures of my pull. Looks completely oem honestly.

@gsxr I'll shoot you a pm brotha I need more detaik
not yet bro, i'm planning on doing a m3 rear and getting the pannels pulled, how much would u charge for that? (feel free to pm me if you want) and along with new rims of course + maybe some spacers

Need angel eyes or any lighting stuff installed in OC? PM me, cheapest around, I promise
BMW E92 328I BMW E46 M3 Mercedes Benz CLK500
BMW E92 335I (SOLD)
Porsche 996 911 C2 (SOLD)
BMW E46 325Ci (TOTALED)
kwlaznkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #117
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

Hell yeah Ryan! Hit me up if you come out to any meets.

I'll shoot you a pm john
Old 11-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #118
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

Took some sick pictures of my bike. I'm no professional but I would appreciate any photographer advice
Old 11-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #119
soslower82

My Ride: M3
you work on e92? =)
Old 11-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #120
soslower82

My Ride: M3
i need fender rolled to try and fit reverse face LMs. Use to run 255 on my E46M but i got a deal on some 265, so i'm stuck with them for awhile longer.