E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #181
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
ok cool. I figured, and thought I read that you can do less warmups since it's your 2nd and 3rd exercise. I never used to warm up. I feel like I wasted so much damn time working out like I did in the past. Working towards a weight goal is so much more fulfilling than saying "I want to look better".
Oh I gotcha. I was thinking you were just asking about warmups in general. Yeah I would say you can cut the warmups down on your second and third exercises. The press and bench not as much as the deadlift and power clean though since they are so different from the squat.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #182
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Oh I gotcha. I was thinking you were just asking about warmups in general. Yeah I would say you can cut the warmups down on your second and third exercises. The press and bench not as much as the deadlift and power clean though since they are so different from the squat.
Just went to fastenal. Dudes were clueless and didn't think they had them but when we looked I pulled out the tray with the 1 1/2" washers and they were in there in the back. I didn't expect to spend $15 though lol. Better than $30 though. Now I'm not sure whether to still go up 5 lbs total on the press or start micro loading. I think I'll go up 5 since its still not that hard. I'll see how I feel after tomorrows workout to determine what I'll do next week
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1320172704.522714.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	423420  

Last edited by DylloS; 11-01-2011 at 01:43 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #183
Glight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Just went to fastenal. Dudes were clueless and didn't think they had them but when we looked I pulled out the tray with the 1 1/2" washers and they were in there in the back. I didn't expect to spend $15 though lol. Better than $30 though. Now I'm not sure whether to still go up 5 lbs total on the press or start micro loading. I think I'll go up 5 since its still not that hard. I'll see how I feel after tomorrows workout to determine what I'll do next week
Haha. Thats it right there. Imagine when I sent my wife to pick mine up for me...... confusion all around...
Old 11-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #184
DylloS

Quote:
Haha. Thats it right there. Imagine when I sent my wife to pick mine up for me...... confusion all around...
haha these guys were like "2inchhhh IDDDD"? I'm like yeah. Then he comes out of the office and we look and he's still like yeahhh I don't think so. i'm so glad I grabbed that tray. I'm also glad he didn't ask why I needed them. I know he would just be like wtf?

Last edited by DylloS; 11-01-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #185
Glight

Yeah, you'll be glad you got these in the long run vs. 1.25lb plates. With these you can microload to 1.25lb total vs 2.5lb total.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #186
DylloS

Quote:
Yeah, you'll be glad you got these in the long run vs. 1.25lb plates. With these you can microload to 1.25lb total vs 2.5lb total.
that is true.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #187
DylloS

Some pretty funny quotes by rippetoe
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Mark_Rippetoe

hahha

Responding to someone who wanted the book spoon fed to them:

Steve, buddy, the plan is in the ****ing book. That's what the book is about. That's why I wrote the book. This is a Q&A for people who are already using the plan IN THE ****ING BOOK. Get it, read it, and use it. Really, the book is too long to post here. Get the ****ing book.

Another good one

(A guy asks if hack squat is useful since his college does not have any squat racks only squat machines)
I recommend that you change colleges.

Last edited by DylloS; 11-02-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #188
DylloS

Workout B

Squat 130 feeling heavy but still no problems finishing. Friday I finally load up 45's and won't feel like a complete weakling lol
OHP 77.5. I started micro loading because this gets heavy fast and I don't want to stall too early.
Power clean 110. This was interesting today. 1st set no problems, almost did more of a squat clean. 2nd set first rep no problem, 2nd rep I had to dump the weight and I fell backwards. I'm not really sure what happened but my body just gave out. I think I was too relaxed. I'm almost glad it happened because it wasn't scary at all but I always thought it might be. I did two more full reps for the 2nd set and the 3rd, 4th, 5th sets were all easy. Debating whether to micro load on this soon too. btw, I love my rubber flooring lol.

EDIT: my lower back is really sore today. I did feel different with last nights squats. After my first set it was really tight. Hopefully I'm pain free by friday.

Last edited by DylloS; 11-03-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #189
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
yeah dude, that rubber flooring is so sick.

are you doing back squats or front squats?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #190
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
yeah dude, that rubber flooring is so sick.

are you doing back squats or front squats?
program calls for back squats. Sometimes my power cleans turn into squat cleans so I get the feel. I actually really like them. I'm going to do this program until I stop progressing and then I'll be doing some of the workouts you and glight and fugarza do. Not to offend anyone that's in love with isolation exercises but I feel they are just a waste of time for me. I said it earlier but I get much more fulfillment out of seeing weight increasing than staring at myself in the mirror hoping for change. I wish I did this years ago but I listened to everyone that swore my bodybuilding routines. Don't get me wrong, in the past when I was consistent I had decent progress but I took the easy road. I would avoid deadlifts, and squats at times and I would make every excuse in the book as to why isolation workouts were better. Because they're easier lol. I can't thank you guys enough for helping me with this stuff.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #191
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
all good man, i started with back squats. i honestly live by what my weight training coach tells me. no matter what people think of him, he has best selling books and has the background to prove it, he must know what hes doing. its the pinching of the spine on back squats that ive steered away from. though i do other exercises that involve the bar on my back.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #192
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
all good man, i started with back squats. i honestly live by what my weight training coach tells me. no matter what people think of him, he has best selling books and has the background to prove it, he must know what hes doing. its the pinching of the spine on back squats that ive steered away from. though i do other exercises that involve the bar on my back.
N certain conditions it can be good, but it's hard for someone else to tell me what will work the best. Some things work for some, others for other. He says shoot the cat, you could blow it up. More than one way
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #193
DylloS

back is still a little hurt. Yesterday it went away after morning so I'm hoping later I'll be fine.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #194
DylloS

Workout A

Squat 135
Bench 110
Deadlift 175

All feeling heavier but still easy. That's the most I ever deadlifted. When I used to dead I always did sets of 10 like an idiot so I never went heavy for me.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #195
BMW_Matt

I'm too lazy to look, but how many reps per set you doing?
Old 11-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #196
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
I'm too lazy to look, but how many reps per set you doing?
Squat, bench, press are all 3x5
Deadlift is 1x5
Clean 5x3

This is after a good amount of warmup sets.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #197
fugarza

My Ride: 330i, R6
Not sure if you're still looking for a clean video.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #198
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugarza View Post
Not sure if you're still looking for a clean video.
Thanks I'm always looking to learn more
Old 11-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #199
DylloS

Officially started "gomad" today. I was doing about 1/2 a gallon for the last 4 weeks or so. I'd imagine I wont always get in a full gallon but I'll do my best.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #200
BMW_Matt

Expensive as hell. Good luck.