E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #201
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Expensive as hell. Good luck.
I always laughed at this response. 2400 calories for $3.59. I'll take it. There seriously isn't a way to get the nutritional content in whole milk for cheaper.

btw half a gallon down already.

EDIT: stomach is starting to rumble. Damnit.

Last edited by DylloS; 11-07-2011 at 02:02 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #202
DylloS

Workout b

Squat 140
Press 80
Power clean 115

Good workout all around. Everything was pretty light feeling.

Last edited by DylloS; 11-07-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #203
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
As far as cost effectiveness... milk is an excellent source to hit your daily cal/protein intake... not to mention calcium.

Kills my stomach, though.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #204
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
As far as cost effectiveness... milk is an excellent source to hit your daily cal/protein intake... not to mention calcium.

Kills my stomach, though.
getting much better with it now. My farts were almost non existent today and I already drank 1/2 gallon. About 6 shaker cups full of milk is a gallon so I'm measuring it that way because I have gallons at home and at work and don't feel like carrying a gallon back and forth. So I just figure 6 shaker cups is perfect, and much easier than dealing with transport. I did just take a massive rock hard sh1t though. I was pushing and pushing and it wouldn't come out lol. After a few minutes and a very red face it was released.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #205
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #206
ElectricRed46

My Ride: 2004 325i
Joys of dairy....
Old 11-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #207
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I always laughed at this response. 2400 calories for $3.59. I'll take it. There seriously isn't a way to get the nutritional content in whole milk for cheaper.

btw half a gallon down already.

EDIT: stomach is starting to rumble. Damnit.
I keep forgetting you're trying to bulk...yeah I guess - not my cup of tea, but good luck.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #208
DylloS

Workout A

Squat 145
Bench 115
Deadlift 190. Starting to get really heavy. Still no problem getting it up though. Next week I'll be adding 30lbs total so hopefully I'm ok to do it
Old 11-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #209
DylloS

After month 1

weight
161-171

Squat 70-150
Bench 55-115
Deadlift 85-190
Overhead Press 55-82.5
Power Clean 95-120

Squat,press, power clean are all today's projected numbers. Also remember I started very light so month two will be a better indication of overall strength progress.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #210
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
good stuff man
Old 11-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #211
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
good stuff man
Thanks man

Here's my fitocracy post showing warmups too

Workout A
Barbell Squat:
1 lb x 20 reps 1lb means just body weight air squats. They won't allow me to enter 0
45 lb x 10 reps
95 lb x 5 reps
115 lb x 5 reps
135 lb x 5 reps
155 lb x 5 reps
155 lb x 5 reps
155 lb x 5 reps
This is getting heavy. My legs are pretty weak so I'm hoping I don't stall soon

Barbell Bench Press:
45 lb x 20 reps
85 lb x 10 reps
95 lb x 5 reps
120 lb x 5 reps
120 lb x 5 reps
120 lb x 5 reps
Still pretty easy
Barbell Deadlift:
135 lb x 5 reps
175 lb x 5 reps
195 lb x 3 reps
205 lb x 5 reps
this is getting very heavy. I started doing the reverse hand grip so I have no problems holding the bar. I may need to reduce the amount I add each session to5-10lbs instead of 15

Last edited by DylloS; 11-14-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #212
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
lol damn man if i have even a glass of milk i'll have the runs all day
Old 11-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #213
BMW_Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks man

Here's my fitocracy post showing warmups too

Workout A
Barbell Squat:
1 lb x 20 reps 1lb means just body weight air squats. They won't allow me to enter 0
45 lb x 10 reps
95 lb x 5 reps
115 lb x 5 reps
135 lb x 5 reps
155 lb x 5 reps
155 lb x 5 reps
155 lb x 5 reps
This is getting heavy. My legs are pretty weak so I'm hoping I don't stall soon

Barbell Bench Press:
45 lb x 20 reps
85 lb x 10 reps
95 lb x 5 reps
120 lb x 5 reps
120 lb x 5 reps
120 lb x 5 reps
Still pretty easy
Barbell Deadlift:
135 lb x 5 reps
175 lb x 5 reps
195 lb x 3 reps
205 lb x 5 reps
this is getting very heavy. I started doing the reverse hand grip so I have no problems holding the bar. I may need to reduce the amount I add each session to5-10lbs instead of 15
Try over/under grip...
Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #214
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Try over/under grip...
That's exactly what I did. I messed up and typed without thinking. I had my right hand like normal and my left supinated
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #215
BMW_Matt

Oh, sorry haha.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #216
BreakMyWallet

def start going up 10 lbs if youre trying to stay on that program. 15 is a lot dude. especially when you get into heavier weights.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #217
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
def start going up 10 lbs if youre trying to stay on that program. 15 is a lot dude. especially when you get into heavier weights.
Yea it's adding up very quickly man lol
Old 11-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #218
BeRzErKaS

My Ride: 330ciC; Boosted E36
Send a message via ICQ to BeRzErKaS
I have 3 pieces of advice:

Protect Your Spine. Never forget that the lift isn't over until the weight is back on the ground. When you get tired you have a tendency to arch your spine as you lower the weight back to the ground. Very dangerous. You also have this really bad habit of twisting your neck and looking all over the place as you lower the weight back to the ground. KEEP YOUR SPINE, NECK, AND HEAD STRAIGHT throughout the lift.

Try to focus on dropping and catching the weight evenly at your waist. Have you noticed that you heavily favor your right side? You roll the weight off your right shoulder first and catch it with your right arm first at the bottom. In one of your video still shots you can clearly see how uneven your drop is. That is a pulled back muscle waiting to happen. You WILL hurt yourself if you try that with big weight. Try to break the habit now. It's mostly a psychological thing. Right handed people generally feel more confident supporting heavy weight with their right side.

Last piece of advice is remember to lock your abs and keep them locked throughout the lift. I notice on some of your side views that your torso buckles as you lower the weight from your shoulders. Could be because the weight is too heavy, could be because your abs aren't locked. Power cleaning is all about core strength. Your abs are the conduit through which power is relayed from your legs to the weight at your shoulders. Keeping your abs rigid will help make better use of the power your legs generate. Keeping your abs tight should also improve your form and help protect your spine. When I fail at a powerclean it's usually because I forgot to lock my abs.

Side rant:
IMO, power cleaning is very dangerous. Not a beginner exercise at all. The potential for long term injury is very high. Your whole body should have some pre-training and be ready to work. Taking it slow and getting it right is way more important than slinging big weight. Be careful!

BMW 3 Series - "Welcome to the club."

Supercharged E-dIrTy-6 325is 5sp
Drop Top E-sPorTy-6 330cic Step
BeRzErKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #219
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
I have 3 pieces of advice:

Protect Your Spine. Never forget that the lift isn't over until the weight is back on the ground. When you get tired you have a tendency to arch your spine as you lower the weight back to the ground. Very dangerous. You also have this really bad habit of twisting your neck and looking all over the place as you lower the weight back to the ground. KEEP YOUR SPINE, NECK, AND HEAD STRAIGHT throughout the lift.

Try to focus on dropping and catching the weight evenly at your waist. Have you noticed that you heavily favor your right side? You roll the weight off your right shoulder first and catch it with your right arm first at the bottom. In one of your video still shots you can clearly see how uneven your drop is. That is a pulled back muscle waiting to happen. You WILL hurt yourself if you try that with big weight. Try to break the habit now. It's mostly a psychological thing. Right handed people generally feel more confident supporting heavy weight with their right side.

Last piece of advice is remember to lock your abs and keep them locked throughout the lift. I notice on some of your side views that your torso buckles as you lower the weight from your shoulders. Could be because the weight is too heavy, could be because your abs aren't locked. Power cleaning is all about core strength. Your abs are the conduit through which power is relayed from your legs to the weight at your shoulders. Keeping your abs rigid will help make better use of the power your legs generate. Keeping your abs tight should also improve your form and help protect your spine. When I fail at a powerclean it's usually because I forgot to lock my abs.

Side rant:
IMO, power cleaning is very dangerous. Not a beginner exercise at all. The potential for long term injury is very high. Your whole body should have some pre-training and be ready to work. Taking it slow and getting it right is way more important than slinging big weight. Be careful!
Thanks, I should probably delete those videos because I feel like I do them much better now. I'll try to take some video tonight when I power clean.

Last edited by DylloS; 11-16-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #220
BreakMyWallet

i agree to an extent. i was a beginner when i started powercleaning. but we also did a lot more lower back strengthening lifts, and i had a great coach. everyone gets hurt, its inevitable. one time last year i literally had to walk hunched over almost 90 degrees for a good 2 1/2 hours. went to the doctor and got it rubbed out and i was fine a couple days later.

like i was saying, we did a lot of goodmorning, trx hinge rows, ect to strengthen our backs. if you are worried about hurting your back, id reccommend doing front squats instead of back squats