E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #2201
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Make sure you have a protein shake afterwards, that will do a lot to ensure muscle sparing. I have a feeling you are going to hate your life for the firs couple workouts lol
lol gf was a bad influence this morning. I was going to do it but she forgot her stuff and convinced me we'll start today.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #2202
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
Check out this guys speed. He's at your size (180).

Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #2203
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
Check out this guys speed. He's at your size (180).

jesus. Tha amount of practice that takes is crazy. I had a friend over that's been crossfitting for about a year and went to a jon north seminar on the clean and jerk and snatch that came over saturday. He has a clean and jerk max of 265 which to me is pretty good. I need a lot of practice with those lifts. My clean is ok but the jerk is harder than it looks. It's just technical.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #2204
J.DoubleU.O.

My Ride: ...
If he's only 180 he must be fairly short, because he looks a lot stalkier then me and he's only 6 or so lbs heavier.
J.DoubleU.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #2205
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
yeah thats a strong dude. i wish i could squat clean/snatch. i think my numbers would be similar to those.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #2206
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Do you guys scream like this dude? I think that's what you're missing to be as strong as him, scream and shake those lips.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #2207
DylloS

what a sh1tty workout last night

Front squatted 210x3x2. Wasn't feeling it and my wrists hurt like a bitch so I couldn't continue or Press. So I just did a quick metcon

30 25lb wallballs
30 70lb kb swings
20 wallballs
20 swings
10 wall balls
10 swings

Did my HIIT running this morning with the gf. She's surprisingly fast.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #2208
J.DoubleU.O.

My Ride: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
what a sh1tty workout last night

Front squatted 210x3x2. Wasn't feeling it and my wrists hurt like a bitch so I couldn't continue or Press. So I just did a quick metcon

30 25lb wallballs
30 70lb kb swings
20 wallballs
20 swings
10 wall balls
10 swings

Did my HIIT running this morning with the gf. She's surprisingly fast.
Or you're surprisingly slow

Last edited by J.DoubleU.O.; 04-09-2013 at 10:20 AM.
J.DoubleU.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #2209
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.DoubleU.O. View Post
Or you're surprisingly slow
lol I've been called fast my whole life. Back up off me son! She was a sprinter in school. Yea that was 10 years ago but still lol
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #2210
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
lol I've been called fast my whole life. Back up off me son! She was a sprinter in school. Yea that was 10 years ago but still lol
high school coach told him he was fast once, thinks hes the next donovan bailey.

thats shitty about the workout, but still looks painful. My gym has a no "wall balls" policy, how ridiculous is that?

girls are usually really fast runners for whatever reason
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #2211
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
They have to, men are chasing them all the time, especially Solly's girl. lol
Quote:
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #2212
DylloS

Quote:
high school coach told him he was fast once, thinks hes the next donovan bailey.

thats shitty about the workout, but still looks painful. My gym has a no "wall balls" policy, how ridiculous is that?

lol actually high school kids on Sunday playing bball told me I run fast and jump really high. I'm actually really excited about the height increase. It's fuucking awesome because I have no idea it even happened lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
They have to, men are chasing them all the time, especially Solly's girl. lol
lol could be. Thanks for the compliment haha
Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #2213
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
so i've mentioned that i work out at the gym in my condo now, which is 90% occupied by people who can't use much more than the treadmills/ellipticals. when i do your bear complex thing, i'm pretty sure everyone thinks i'm a "lunk", for lack of a better term. also, i still can't get past 95 lbs
Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #2214
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
so i've mentioned that i work out at the gym in my condo now, which is 90% occupied by people who can't use much more than the treadmills/ellipticals. when i do your bear complex thing, i'm pretty sure everyone thinks i'm a "lunk", for lack of a better term. also, i still can't get past 95 lbs
lol good. Maybe you'll inspire people. It's good that you have a barbell in there. I know a lot of condo gyms don't.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #2215
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
lol good. Maybe you'll inspire people. It's good that you have a barbell in there. I know a lot of condo gyms don't.
yea it's been ok so far. there's only one barbell, but it's almost always free since everyone that uses the gym is just peddling away on the treadmills.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #2216
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
yea it's been ok so far. there's only one barbell, but it's almost always free since everyone that uses the gym is just peddling away on the treadmills.
in a few weeks there will be a sign up sheet for barbell use times. Don't inspire too much.

In other news I did my second day in a row of HIIT "sprints". 30 seconds running 30 walking. In an ideal world I think 30 seconds all out sprint and 30 second slow running is recommended but I can't handle that yet. I do need to thank my gf for getting my ass out of bed in the mornings. I probably wouldn't move if she didn't get me up lol.

Yesterday I was going to do this but my wrist was sore from the day before so I just pushed it back a day. Doing this after work.

5x3 Power Cleans going for 170
50 Pull ups

10 min amrap (as many reps as possible)
5 115lb Clean and Press
5 115lb Deadlift
5 Chin ups

5 Rounds
10 Abmat Sit ups
10 toes to bar

Last edited by DylloS; 04-10-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #2217
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Solly theres loads of ways to progress with HIIT, I used to do it twice a week for a significant period of time so my method of progression was:

- Up the Total time (ie 14 minutes, 16 minutes etc). Tried to add a "round" or "cycle" every week

- Play with the cycle times... I was on the treadmill so I had speed settings as well that I could up for intensity purposes. Once you get to the point where you want to try sprinting, you could give 30 seconds full out effort followed by 1 minute or even 1.5 minutes complete rest. That'll give you a good starting point to improve on, and as you get more conditioned start adding a light jog and/or reduce rest time portion.

I started at 1 minute on, 1.5 minutes off... for 14 minutes. 10 mph on ("light" sprint), 4 mph off (light jog)

Each week I would up the intensity in some way... after 12 weeks I was at 1 minute on, 1 minute off for 16 minutes with 12 mph on ("full out sprint") and 4.5 mph off (slightly harder light jog)
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #2218
DylloS

Quote:
Solly theres loads of ways to progress with HIIT, I used to do it twice a week for a significant period of time so my method of progression was:

- Up the Total time (ie 14 minutes, 16 minutes etc). Tried to add a "round" or "cycle" every week

- Play with the cycle times... I was on the treadmill so I had speed settings as well that I could up for intensity purposes. Once you get to the point where you want to try sprinting, you could give 30 seconds full out effort followed by 1 minute or even 1.5 minutes complete rest. That'll give you a good starting point to improve on, and as you get more conditioned start adding a light jog and/or reduce rest time portion.

I started at 1 minute on, 1.5 minutes off... for 14 minutes. 10 mph on ("light" sprint), 4 mph off (light jog)

Each week I would up the intensity in some way... after 12 weeks I was at 1 minute on, 1 minute off for 16 minutes with 12 mph on ("full out sprint") and 4.5 mph off (slightly harder light jog)
Thanks for the ideas. I will probably play around with it. I went all out at the end which was probably like 45 seconds because I just wanted to get back to my house. I wanted to collapse lol.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #2219
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
get "second free". choose round timer. start doing 5 rounds with 5 exercises of 30:30 or 20:40 or if you get good then 40:20. in and out in 25 minutes. you can do almost anything in those workouts
Old 04-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #2220
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
get "second free". choose round timer. start doing 5 rounds with 5 exercises of 30:30 or 20:40 or if you get good then 40:20. in and out in 25 minutes. you can do almost anything in those workouts
I would like a timer so I didn't have to keep looking at my phone. Thanks