E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #321
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
It depends on what your goals are....It can be argued either way.
For more than just leg isolation a squat will always be better.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #322
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
First workout with the vibrams. Loved them. They felt weird at first but after a few minutes I hardly noticed them. Thanks again Glight.

Barbell Squat:
45 lb x 20 reps
95 lb x 5 reps
135 lb x 5 reps
185 lb x 2 reps
205 lb x 5 reps
205 lb x 5 reps
205 lb x 5 reps
video taped my last set for form critique. All reps were below parallel and looked good on the way up.

Barbell Bench Press:
45 lb x 25 reps
85 lb x 15 reps
115 lb x 10 reps
145 lb x 5 reps
145 lb x 5 reps
145 lb x 5 reps
Still pretty easy

Barbell Deadlift:
135 lb x 10 reps
185 lb x 5 reps
225 lb x 5 reps
250 lb x 5 reps
Crappy form on last set. I may be rushing my progress on this lift

Dips - Triceps Version:
10 reps
10 reps
10 reps
Adding assistance work to compliment the main 5 lifts (Squat, Bench, OH Press, Power Clean, and Deadlift)

Dumbbell Bicep Curl:
35 lb x 10 reps
35 lb x 10 reps
35 lb x 10 reps

Sit-Up:
25 reps
25 reps on the roman chair. I definitely need to start doing more ab work.

Exactly two months in

Starting weight was 161 or so and now I'm about 172. Definitely gained some belly fat which sucks but whatever. I'm going to change my diet from food with sh1t calories to more of a paleo style plus dairy. I've been on it for this past week and I feel much better.

Starting weights on the left>after month1>after month 2. Total 60 days progress. Remember I started much lower than my potential and I just past what I think my 5rep maxes were between month 1 and 2 on most lifts.

Squat 70>150>205
Bench 55>115>145
Press 55>82.5>97.5
Power Clean 95>120>145
Deadlift 85>190>250

Overall I'm very happy with progress. I only stalled on Deadlifts and feel like this is my biggest issue to overcome. I'm very particular about my form and until it's where I think it should be I'm going to deload again. I can lift more but I don't think it's worth compromising form.

Last edited by DylloS; 12-09-2011 at 09:59 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #323
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Barbell Squat:
45 lb x 10 reps
95 lb x 7 reps
135 lb x 5 reps
185 lb x 4 reps
210 lb x 5 reps
210 lb x 3 reps
210 lb x 5 reps
first fail of the program. Hoping I can get a full 3x5 of 210 on wednesday. I think I could have gotten it but I bailed when I though I was stuck.

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press:
45 lb x 20 reps
85 lb x 5 reps
90 lb x 5 reps
100 lb x 5 reps
100 lb x 5 reps
100 lb x 5 reps

Power Clean:
95 lb x 5 reps
95 lb x 5 reps
150 lb x 3 reps
150 lb x 3 reps
150 lb x 3 reps
150 lb x 3 reps
150 lb x 3 reps

Dumbbell Bicep Curl:
35 lb x 10 reps
35 lb x 10 reps
35 lb x 10 reps
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #324
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,220
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
[QUOTE=DylloS;13886707
first fail of the program. Hoping I can get a full 3x5 of 210 on wednesday. I think I could have gotten it but I bailed when I though I was stuck.
[/QUOTE]

gotta find that deep within voice saying you can push it back up. when i get into the heavy **** i just think, well id for sure be able to lift it, if it was falling on my dad right now.
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #325
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
gotta find that deep within voice saying you can push it back up. when i get into the heavy **** i just think, well id for sure be able to lift it, if it was falling on my dad right now.
That's basically how I treated the last set. I easily could have psyched myself out and said "we'll I only did 3 last time there's no way I'm getting 5" but I just pushed myself. I'm sure my form wasn't perfect but I pushed through. Wednesday I try again to get 3x5 of 210 since I failed at one of the sets yesterday. I'm ready to try again. I'm really looking forward to it.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #326
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,220
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
atta boy. failure is inevitable. you should be failing, otherwise you arent pushing yourself hard enough
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #327
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
That's basically how I treated the last set. I easily could have psyched myself out and said "we'll I only did 3 last time there's no way I'm getting 5" but I just pushed myself. I'm sure my form wasn't perfect but I pushed through. Wednesday I try again to get 3x5 of 210 since I failed at one of the sets yesterday. I'm ready to try again. I'm really looking forward to it.
Good stuff! Try that again and you'll get it. Don't reset until you fail to get all your reps twice in a row.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #328
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
The only way you gain is if you push it.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #329
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
atta boy. failure is inevitable. you should be failing, otherwise you arent pushing yourself hard enough
yeah I knew this was going to happen eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Good stuff! Try that again and you'll get it. Don't reset until you fail to get all your reps twice in a row.
Is the reset a reduction of 10lbs or 5? I forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
The only way you gain is if you push it.
Yeah you're right. I hate making excuses but on the ride home last night I felt more tired than usual. I have to snap out of that and get my mindset right for tomorrow.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #330
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,220
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
reset has always been 5 for me. we did a powerclean competetion and when i failed they took 2.5lbs off a side. i would go down, get it, and i would get the next one too. eventually i got too tired and made it to 303. set the baseball record at my school though, by like 25lbs.
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #331
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
reset has always been 5 for me. we did a powerclean competetion and when i failed they took 2.5lbs off a side. i would go down, get it, and i would get the next one too. eventually i got too tired and made it to 303. set the baseball record at my school though, by like 25lbs.
I'm at 150 power clean now and I couldn't imagine 303. I'm not a jealous dude but some of the weights you guys throw around make envious as hell.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #332
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,220
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
soon enough man! but ive been doing them for a couple years dude. being able to drop the weight is a huge advantage too.
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #333
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,220
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
would make your life easier if you had these rubber weights.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...705639324.html

even if you bought the 45lb plates youd be able to keep anything smaller than a 45 on the outside. wouldnt be a bad idea for you to grab as pair of 45's. and 10's if youre feeling froggy. since you already have the rubber floors youre set. im envious of that
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #334
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I'm at 150 power clean now and I couldn't imagine 303. I'm not a jealous dude but some of the weights you guys throw around make envious as hell.
Just takes years of constant lifting...You'll look back in a few years and see how far you've become.........and how annoying I was...
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #335
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
would make your life easier if you had these rubber weights.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...705639324.html

even if you bought the 45lb plates youd be able to keep anything smaller than a 45 on the outside. wouldnt be a bad idea for you to grab as pair of 45's. and 10's if youre feeling froggy. since you already have the rubber floors youre set. im envious of that
I'd love a set of rubber weights but I need to buy other things first. On the list is a power rack and bench so I can toss my current bench because it's not really made for heavy weights and it's bulky. I also want some kettle bells, rowing machine one day too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Just takes years of constant lifting...You'll look back in a few years and see how far you've become.........and how annoying I was...
haha yeah I hope so.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #336
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Fuuuckkkk I did it. Got the 210.

Barbell Squat:
45 lb x 20 reps
135 lb x 5 reps
185 lb x 5 reps
210 lb x 5 reps
210 lb x 5 reps
210 lb x 5 reps
Less warmups today. Got through 3x5 of 210 which I'm very happy about. Shooting for 215 on Friday.

Barbell Bench Press:
45 lb x 25 reps
85 lb x 15 reps
115 lb x 5 reps
150 lb x 5 reps
150 lb x 5 reps
150 lb x 5 reps
Heavy but not concerned with failure yet.

Barbell Deadlift:
135 lb x 10 reps
185 lb x 5 reps
225 lb x 4 reps
225 lb x 5 reps
Lowering weight to focus on form. The heavy squats are beating my legs up pretty bad and exhaustion is tough to break through on the heavy sets. I'll continue to move up slowly.

Lying Barbell Triceps Extension ("Skullcrusher"):
55 lb x 10 reps
55 lb x 10 reps
55 lb x 10 reps
Done with my ez bar curl that feels like metal sandpaper lol. Reps felt easy at first but the burn kicked in quickly.

Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press:
55 lb x 10 reps
55 lb x 10 reps
55 lb x 10 reps
Done with the ez curl bar immediately following each skull crusher set

Sit-Up:

25 reps
Done on Roman Chair.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #337
Hockeyman17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Moody, B.C. Canada
Posts: 128
My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
Nice work. What's your plan if you fail on Bench? U could get your girftrend to spot you haha jk. But seriously. Is this the best way?



edit: looking at this again, im pretty sure he should plant his feet at least

Last edited by Hockeyman17; 12-14-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #338
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 View Post
Nice work. What's your plan if you fail on Bench? U could get your girftrend to spot you haha jk. But seriously. Is this the best way?



edit: looking at this again, im pretty sure he should plant his feet at least
I usually have my friend lifting with me now and plan on buying a power rack soon. It's $359 on amazon and has good reviews. It's not powerlifting gym quality but people say it holds 500 lbs no problem.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #339
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Fuuuckkkk I did it. Got the 210.

Barbell Squat:
45 lb x 20 reps
135 lb x 5 reps
185 lb x 5 reps
210 lb x 5 reps
210 lb x 5 reps
210 lb x 5 reps
Less warmups today. Got through 3x5 of 210 which I'm very happy about. Shooting for 215 on Friday.

Barbell Bench Press:
45 lb x 25 reps
85 lb x 15 reps
115 lb x 5 reps
150 lb x 5 reps
150 lb x 5 reps
150 lb x 5 reps
Heavy but not concerned with failure yet.

Barbell Deadlift:
135 lb x 10 reps
185 lb x 5 reps
225 lb x 4 reps
225 lb x 5 reps
Lowering weight to focus on form. The heavy squats are beating my legs up pretty bad and exhaustion is tough to break through on the heavy sets. I'll continue to move up slowly.

Lying Barbell Triceps Extension ("Skullcrusher"):
55 lb x 10 reps
55 lb x 10 reps
55 lb x 10 reps
Done with my ez bar curl that feels like metal sandpaper lol. Reps felt easy at first but the burn kicked in quickly.

Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press:
55 lb x 10 reps
55 lb x 10 reps
55 lb x 10 reps
Done with the ez curl bar immediately following each skull crusher set

Sit-Up:

25 reps
Done on Roman Chair.
Fvck yeah!
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #340
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
I have no idea what I would want for the KB. Let me see if it would fit in a flat rate box to see if this would even be feasible and then we can talk more if you're interested.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use