E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #781
ShootyzGruve

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
itll help burn some of the calories I'm going inject for Greek Easter this weekend.
Glight you're Greek? Kalo Pasxa!
ShootyzGruve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #782
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootyzGruve View Post
def doesn't look it to me lol. Wife maybe?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #783
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
nope. 1/2 tgu's you get up on your hand and back down. its more rapid fire.

jjust be glad youve never done scandanavian get ups
Old 04-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #784
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
nope. 1/2 tgu's you get up on your hand and back down. its more rapid fire.

jjust be glad youve never done scandanavian get ups
ohh got it. I thought it was the stand up part. You're supposed to go back down with the kb in the air too right or was I supposed to reset once I stood up. I'll have to check those out too lol.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #785
Glight

Quote:
Haha nope. Solly's right. My wife is.

Xristos anesti.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #786
DylloS

Greg, did the tire flip clean run wod again today with 2 of my crossfitter friends. One that goes locally and one that goes in Stamford ct

Finished 2.5 minutes faster than last time.

For those interested

12 tire flips jump in and out after each flip
6 clean and jerks with 95
200m run

9 flips
9 cj
400m run

6 flips
12cj
600m run

My time was 15:14, other friends were 14:16 and 14:05.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #787
ShootyzGruve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I love them man. I think going back down is harder. It's a challenge even with the 35lb kb. Maybe I'll try the 53 for the 1/2. Is that just getting up?

what kind of wods would be endurance? Most of the ones I do get my heart rate up a lot. I'm all for some new ideas.
I was generalizing alot with the endurance idea. Basically I meant lower weight and high reps with maybe longer runs in b/w lifting exercises. GLIGHT had a great suggestion with WODs like Murph. That's good stuff.

Oh and yea good job on the 5k. I find The CF workouts a great way to train for 5ks.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #788
Glight

Quote:
Greg, did the tire flip clean run wod again today with 2 of my crossfitter friends. One that goes locally and one that goes in Stamford ct

Finished 2.5 minutes faster than last time.

For those interested

12 tire flips jump in and out after each flip
6 clean and jerks with 95
200m run

9 flips
9 cj
400m run

6 flips
12cj
600m run

My time was 15:14, other friends were 14:16 and 14:05.
Nice work. Whenever my buddy is back in town I am going to go use his tire an give it another try.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #789
DylloS

Quote:
Nice work. Whenever my buddy is back in town I am going to go use his tire an give it another try.
I kind of want a bigger one. It was the easiest part of the wod. Except for jumping in and out lol
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #790
DylloS

Any of you "crossfit, strength and conditioning," guys think I'm on the right track the last few weeks or should I make any adjustments? My goals are pretty much to get stronger and more conditioned. I'm not too concerned with getting "bigger" because I know I will show improvements when I get better at all the things I do. Nothing against traditional splits but I just find them extremely boring and feel like I'm doing work after work.

Barbell Squat:
95 lb x 10 reps (+52 pts)
135 lb x 10 reps (+68 pts)
185 lb x 5 reps (+81 pts)
205 lb x 5 reps (+92 pts)
Felt good. Heavy but not too bad. I'd like to text my max soon.

Running (treadmill):
0:01:00 || 150 m (+5 pts)
0:01:00 || 200 m (+8 pts)
250 m (+5 pts)
Todays wod. 3rds with a partner you go I go. Run 1 minute, wall balls for 1 minute, rest while partner goes.

Wall Ball:
30 throws || 20 lb (+113 pts)
32 throws || 20 lb (+122 pts)
happy with my speed on these. I went almost as fast as I could. Todays wod was short but I still feel like I got some good work in.

Last edited by DylloS; 04-16-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #791
ShootyzGruve

Quote:
Any of you "crossfit, strength and conditioning," guys think I'm on the right track the last few weeks or should I make any adjustments? My goals are pretty much to get stronger and more conditioned. I'm not too concerned with getting "bigger" because I know I will show improvements when I get better at all the things I do. Nothing against traditional splits but I just find them extremely boring and feel like I'm doing work after work.

Barbell Squat:
95 lb x 10 reps (+52 pts)
135 lb x 10 reps (+68 pts)
185 lb x 5 reps (+81 pts)
Felt good. Heavy but not too bad. I'd like to text my max soon.

Running (treadmill):
0:01:00 || 150 m (+5 pts)
0:01:00 || 200 m (+8 pts)
250 m (+5 pts)
Todays wod. 3rds with a partner you go I go. Run 1 minute, wall balls for 1 minute, rest while partner goes.

Wall Ball:
32 throws || 20 lb (+122 pts)
happy with my speed on these. I went almost as fast as I could. Todays wod was short but I still feel like I got some good work in.
Good stuff. I think thats really good on the wall balls. 30 throws without a pause is pretty F'ing tiring. You ever try mixing ladder workouts into your WODs? These kill me.

For what it's worth our WODs typically don't mix heavy/low resp with lighter/higher reps. We do 'five-three-ones' as our first WODs on Mondays/Fridays. Basically there will be a given lift (front squat, or back squat, or Pclean, or whatever) and we'll do five reps, add weight and to 3, and continuously add weight at 1 rep to find our 1 rep max. After this we'll do one or more 'more traditional wods.' Today was in celebration of the Boston Marathon, so after our 5-3-1s (push jerks) we did a WOD where everything was in multiples of 26. It was pretty cool, i enjoyed the 'festiveness' of it. It was also tough and whooped my ass.

I totally recommend sticking some ladder workouts in your WODs. We typically do them with squat variations but you can do them with anything.

Oh, and can you explain to me your point system with your exercises? It may have been discussed earlier in the thread but i just recently jumped on board.

Keep up the good work man!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #792
DylloS

Quote:
Good stuff. I think thats really good on the wall balls. 30 throws without a pause is pretty F'ing tiring. You ever try mixing ladder workouts into your WODs? These kill me.

For what it's worth our WODs typically don't mix heavy/low resp with lighter/higher reps. We do 'five-three-ones' as our first WODs on Mondays/Fridays. Basically there will be a given lift (front squat, or back squat, or Pclean, or whatever) and we'll do five reps, add weight and to 3, and continuously add weight at 1 rep to find our 1 rep max. After this we'll do one or more 'more traditional wods.' Today was in celebration of the Boston Marathon, so after our 5-3-1s (push jerks) we did a WOD where everything was in multiples of 26. It was pretty cool, i enjoyed the 'festiveness' of it. It was also tough and whooped my ass.

I totally recommend sticking some ladder workouts in your WODs. We typically do them with squat variations but you can do them with anything.

Oh, and can you explain to me your point system with your exercises? It may have been discussed earlier in the thread but i just recently jumped on board.

Keep up the good work man!
Thanks man. Can you explain the ladders you mean. The point system is just because it's a copy and paste directly from fitocracy. I used to delete the points when I posted here but figured it was just a waste of time. The wall balls were tiring and if I didn't stop at all I could probably get close to 35-40.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #793
ShootyzGruve

Yea, so the ladders are pretty simple.

They go like this:
-Choose an excercise and a weight
-Start a stopwatch/clock and do one rep.
-Break until the start of the next minute and do two reps
-Break until the start of the next minute and do three reps
-so on and so on and so on until you cannot complete the amount of reps that correspond to the minute you're working on within that one minute period of time.
-so In summary work for one minute/rest for one minute. Each minute increase the amount of reps you do.

They start off easy but get hard pretty fast.

edit: ohhh fitorcracy. Yea Im still latent on that.

Last edited by ShootyzGruve; 04-16-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #794
DylloS

Oh ok. I did a workout a few weeks back that was front squats and burpees.

Start at 10 squats and 1 burpee, 9sq 2 burpees, 8,3-7,4 all the way to 1 squat and 10 burpees
Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #795
Glight

I always call those ladders "death by ___" same thing though.

In other words, "death by pullups" is you start the clock and do one pullup, when it flips to the next minute you do two, when it flips to the next, you do three...... until you arent able to complete the number of reps you're on within the minute. So for the pullup one, I've made it through 15 minutes, but couldnt do 16 in the next minute.

You can apply it to really any exercise if you want.

Breathing ladders are fun. You'll have to try those sometime. I'll explain later, gotta run.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #796
DylloS

Quote:
I always call those ladders "death by ___" same thing though.

In other words, "death by pullups" is you start the clock and do one pullup, when it flips to the next minute you do two, when it flips to the next, you do three...... until you arent able to complete the number of reps you're on within the minute. So for the pullup one, I've made it through 15 minutes, but couldnt do 16 in the next minute.

You can apply it to really any exercise if you want.

Breathing ladders are fun. You'll have to try those sometime. I'll explain later, gotta run.
oh got it. That sounds awesome So basically you can take breaks as long as you get through all the reps.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #797
ShootyzGruve

Quote:
oh got it. That sounds awesome So basically you can take breaks as long as you get through all the reps.
Yep.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #798
DylloS

Barbell Bench Press:
45 lb x 15 reps (+45 pts)
135 lb x 10 reps (+77 pts)
185 lb x 5 reps (+92 pts)
Did the 185 as negatives. Felt good.

Running:
0:03:15 || 600 m (+30 pts)
0:03:15 || 600 m (+30 pts)
part 1 of the wod. Run 600m then 5 rds of 10 pull ups 10 plyo push ups then finish with 600m run.

Pull-Up:
10 reps (+58 pts)
10 reps (+58 pts)
10 reps (+58 pts)
10 reps (+58 pts)
10 reps (+58 pts)
All 10 pull ups weren't done in each set. Getting better slowly but still burning out way too fast.

Push-Up:
10 reps (+15 pts)
10 reps (+15 pts)
10 reps (+15 pts)
10 reps (+15 pts)
10 reps (+15 pts)
These were plyo push ups. Basically go down and push yourself up as fast as you can so your hands leave the ground.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #799
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
soon enough youll be toching your hips on the plyo's!

as far as pullups go, its really a technique thing. i feel like when it gets tough i subconsciously think of a different muscle group to "engage"
Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #800
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
soon enough youll be toching your hips on the plyo's!

as far as pullups go, its really a technique thing. i feel like when it gets tough i subconsciously think of a different muscle group to "engage"
Probably I very good idea. For the plyo's you mean shoot up touch hips return to floor? I'll have to look forward to doing that.