E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #1621
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
good to see you mixing up your lifts dude. its nice to see you develop your weight training. gets a lot more fun when you have more workouts in the arsenal.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #1622
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
good to see you mixing up your lifts dude. its nice to see you develop your weight training. gets a lot more fun when you have more workouts in the arsenal.
Yea the idea around all the big lifts are pretty much the same. I'm adding in different types of things and reps too. I need to print out all my goals that I posted a little while ago so I can put them on my wall
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #1623
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
are you going for looks, or just strength?
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #1624
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
are you going for looks, or just strength?
I'd say a mix of the two while still keeping it fun.

The best way to describe my goals are this:

I want to be stronger
I want to look better
I want to have fun while doing it

I can be stronger by eating everything in site but wont look better.
I can look better but don't want to be super strict with diet worrying about bulking phases and cutting etc.
Pure strength work, or body building routines will make me give up because they are kind of boring to me.

That's why I do strength lifts then my metcons and accessory work that supports those lifts in timed workouts with friends to have that "competition feel"
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #1625
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
that's good! Seems like you just want to feel good!
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #1626
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
that's good! Seems like you just want to feel good!
yea I've tried many things over the years and this is the only thing that I've been able to stick to.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to look much better but I am content with it happening slower than if I did dedicated bodybuilding lifts.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #1627
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Years from now we will hopefully both have threads documenting our successes and failures for others to read... but it honestly seems that what may work for one individual will fail for another, and vice versa. Very frustrating going through the constant "lesson learning" stages... guess that's life

I wish all I had to do for a living was eat sleep and lift lol
Old 11-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #1628
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Years from now we will hopefully both have threads documenting our successes and failures for others to read... but it honestly seems that what may work for one individual will fail for another, and vice versa. Very frustrating going through the constant "lesson learning" stages... guess that's life

I wish all I had to do for a living was eat sleep and lift lol
That's all I want to do for a living and train others. The problem is it's a sales job and I'm not all about that.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #1629
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
That's all I want to do for a living and train others. The problem is it's a sales job and I'm not all about that.
That it is, and it becomes tiresome. Selling fitness was the one thing that I disliked most about the job. Training was fun for the most part unless the client was stubborn.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #1630
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
That it is, and it becomes tiresome. Selling fitness was the one thing that I disliked most about the job. Training was fun for the most part unless the client was stubborn.
people always say "dude you should do this as your job" I reply with man I would love to but I seriously can't get people to come for free to workout.

I have my two regulars and if they cancel I'm always trying to get someone in there. It makes working out so much more enjoyable.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #1631
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
people always say "dude you should do this as your job" I reply with man I would love to but I seriously can't get people to come for free to workout.

I have my two regulars and if they cancel I'm always trying to get someone in there. It makes working out so much more enjoyable.

Your best clients will be middle-aged and/or lil' old ladies/men. They are consistent and bored, and they generally show up to their appointments. They are also the least likely to complain. Fly-by-night young women won't last (...and it's not uncommon to end up sleeping with them, which kills your business completely), and muscle-seeking geeks will rarely ever seek a trainer because they already know it all (..and their ego/pride won't allow them to ask for help). They'll come up and ask for advice, but won't pay the piper.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 11-28-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #1632
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Your best clients will be middle-aged and/or lil' old ladies/men. They are consistent and bored, and they generally show up to their appointments. They are also the least likely to complain. Fly-by-night young women won't last (...and it's not uncommon to end up sleeping with them, which kills your business completely), and muscle-seeking geeks will rarely ever seek a trainer because they already know it all (..and their ego/pride won't allow them to ask for help). They'll come up and ask for advice, but won't pay the piper.
Experience?!
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #1633
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
I've always wondered about that. So many hot chicks with hot trainers, its bound to happen.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #1634
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Experience?!
Well, I was a trainer for the better part of 3 years (..I have/had an ISSA and an NASM cert, as well as 24's APEX cert)......and I trained A LOT of people. The math would say.........?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
I've always wondered about that. So many hot chicks with hot trainers, its bound to happen.
It happens EVERYWHERE! Just about every male trainer has slept with AT LEAST one of his hotter clients. This sexual tension is even prevalent on the NPC/IFBB circuit (..judges sleeping with competitors, trainers sleeping with competitors, etc.)

Last edited by M3Inline6; 11-28-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #1635
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:

It happens EVERYWHERE! Just about every male trainer has slept with AT LEAST one of his hotter clients. This sexual tension is even prevalent on the NPC/IFBB circuit (..judges sleeping with competitors, trainers sleeping with competitors, etc.)
Going to sign up as part time trainer....
Old 11-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #1636
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I had 4 different personal trainers over a 6 month period (thanks to them quitting for greener pastures) and we shared a lot of stories, and often they would tell me which clients they were sleeping with lol. very unprofessional but it was always funny to me

Edit: and because of this, my better half will never have a personal trainer lol. the sexual tension thing is very true, whether you trust them or not

unless they are female... and I can join

Last edited by dabears; 11-28-2012 at 01:23 PM.
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #1637
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I had 4 different personal trainers over a 6 month period (thanks to them quitting for greener pastures) and we shared a lot of stories, and often they would tell me which clients they were sleeping with lol. very unprofessional but it was always funny to me
It is unprofessional, but it happens. Put a good looking guy and girl in the same vicinity long enough and it's bound to happen. Some trainers will wait until the person is no longer a client, some won't.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #1638
DylloS

Quote:
Well, I was a trainer for the better part of 3 years (..I have/had an ISSA and an NASM cert, as well as 24's APEX cert)......and I trained A LOT of people. The math would say.........?

I taught a cute chick at my house how to squat one day and got a chubby. ^ hours later my friend had her in a bed. What a waste. hahah
Old 11-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #1639
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
I taught a cute chick at my house how to squat one day and got a chubby. ^ hours later my friend had her in a bed. What a waste. hahah
Your friend was on it. Absolutely ZERO time was wasted that day.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #1640
DylloS

Quote:
Your friend was on it. Absolutely ZERO time was wasted that day.
She said she couldn't walk for 3 days after. Knowing my friend, I'll take the credit for that one.