E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #161
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
http://www.dnainfo.com/20111129/gree...iminal-history

Second McDonald's Beating Victim Has Criminal History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #162
stapler12345

Rayon McIntosh Plans to Take "Civil Action" Against McDonald's After Metal Rod Beatdown
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...n_mcintosh.php

Quote:
Old 12-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #163
r2d2

My Ride: 330i
hell yeah! thats good news!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #164
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
really? good.
yup, here is the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/03/justic...html?hpt=hp_t3
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #165
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler12345 View Post
now he can sue the mcdonalds franchisee for firing him
McDs doesn't need him to have committed a crime in order to fire him. Even if all he did was give the women bad service, or use profanity or something, they can fire him for not meeting their employment expectations, never mind pounding them with a metal rod. LOL

What McDs needs to do is review the vid and the witness accounts, decide if his actions were reasonable by their standards, to what degree management was responsible for the situation, look at the big picture of the guy's employment, and make a decision that is fair to him and protects the business.

If this guy was constantly on edge, getting into arguments with other employees, showing up late, being rude or threatening to other customers, then this may be the last straw for them, regardless of how justified his actions might have seemed. If he was a good employee and they feel like anyone would have done what he did, then they'd probably want the guy back.

They also have to consider that they'd look like fools and be even more liable if they hire the guy back and in a few months, he's involved in another altercation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler12345 View Post
Rayon McIntosh Plans to Take "Civil Action" Against McDonald's After Metal Rod Beatdown
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...n_mcintosh.php
I'm glad the GJ had the good sense not to indict him. If the articles are to be believed, this guy had his life back on track and I hope he can continue that with all this behind him. I watched the vid again for the umpteenth time and it still makes me smile when face-slapping-and-counter-jumping hubris transitions into omg-what-did-I-get-myself-into cowering.

Funny how this guy is going to sue McDs and there's no mention made of him suing the two women that attacked him. First rule of civil lawsuits, it doesn't really matter who's at fault, go after the one with the money.

The double irony is that if McDs can be found liable for creating the situation by not supplying security, etc, that opens the door for the 2 criminals to sue McDs as well, and they could end up getting rewarded for acting like fools.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #166
stapler12345

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1176408

Woman files lawsuit against McDonald's for fight she started at Greenwich Village location
Myika Darbeau, 25, filed papers in Manhattan Supreme Court charging that Rayon McIntosh, 32, used 'unnecessary, excessive and unlawful force' in the October 2011 incident at McDonald's.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #167
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Myika?

*facepalm*

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #168
Xcelratr

So basically she's saying "Even though I started the fight, and I would have gladly beat him to my little heart's content, he should have beat me to a lesser degree than he did."

I hope this case gets tossed, or he and the franchise owner countersue and win HUGE. Not that they'd ever collect from her, but this is an opportunity to make it very clear that you will not be rewarded for being an hole.

Yes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #169
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
I hope this case gets tossed, or he and the franchise owner countersue and win HUGE. Not that they'd ever collect from her, but this is an opportunity to make it very clear that you will not be rewarded for being an hole.
A grand jury refused to indict McIntosh after seeing a video showing that Darbeau and Edwards jumped over the counter and started the fight.

McIntosh, an ex-con who got out of jail in March 2011 after spending a decade behind bars for killing a friend, was released, but the two women were charged. They pleaded guilty last month to starting the fight and got probation.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #170
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
No man, I was being serious. Every time I click on a thread of some clown shooting up a post office, or hair saloon, or {insert random public place here}, I automatically think it's going to be some spineless white male that couldn't deal with life {like the rest of us}. Every time I click on a link about someone molesting kids, I know automatically it's going to be some old white guy that is a sick fvck and is the scum of the earth. So in all honesty, I was being serious when I replied to you... I'll promise to "check my people", if you promise to get a handle of yours, kid. I would love to take my kids (the black and white ones) to a McDonalds {because Im an active BLACK father} without worrying about hood b!tches getting rowdy over a messed up order, or some crazy white fvck that cant deal with his wife getting banged on the side by someone else, and decides to shoot the whole place up. Sound like a plan?

Me too Swish, me too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:59 AM   #171
Xcelratr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
A grand jury refused to indict McIntosh after seeing a video showing that Darbeau and Edwards jumped over the counter and started the fight.

McIntosh, an ex-con who got out of jail in March 2011 after spending a decade behind bars for killing a friend, was released, but the two women were charged. They pleaded guilty last month to starting the fight and got probation.
? You realize I was talking about the civil suit, right? why you posted this in reply.

Yes