E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #81
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUTHIE View Post
Maybe you guys shpuld just call the shop that made it
Are you kidding, you just said you got all the info and post this
Old 10-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #82
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
You're biased to say the least....
Of course I'm biased. I absolutely...HATE front wheel drive.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #83
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
Are you kidding, you just said you got all the info and post this
I was thinking the same thing!

I suspect that Impressive doesn't want their 'formula' to get out so they can corner the market on this swap and probably said to anyone who called something like, "but you can't tell anyone anything about what we do or what we charge because we don't want to give an advantage to our competitors."

That's my guess, but I also think that a better reputation would have been gained by Impressive if it posted some of the details in the first post. Had it done that, perhaps some of the hating might have been minimized.

Anyway, Impressive, many are curious about this. Why not provide details yourself to the extent you're comfortable doing so, rather than rely on word of mouth and speculation?

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #84
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
I still want my N54 swap.

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #85
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 00 328i, 98 M Roadie
Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
Facepalm all that you want... Being on youtube doesn't mean it isn't a video clip from one of two best European car shows.... You know Europe, right? That piece of land "across the pond", which actually exists (believe it or not).

Oh, for those starting to "believe" in FWD, here's another "just a youtube video":
Wooptie sh!t.

Come back and talk with me when you have experience with all three on a race track.

It's all in the set-up AND how you drive it.

That said, FWD is hard to set up nicely for street driving. AWD depends upon a LOT of variables. I'll bet a Scooby WRX STi will seriously out perform any of the cars (E46 included) in that first video.

However, your statements and reactions are silly.

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #86
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
Of course I'm biased. I absolutely...HATE front wheel drive.
There are good and bad cars, regardless of drivetrain. That Focus RS in the video is a well set up FWD. The chassis, differential, weight distribution, and suspension and several important factors that need consideration.

I've literally driven up ski-hills with my FWD Civic winter beater, trying the same thing with my RWD E46 would've been next to impossible. The thing was unstoppable with a set of snow tires, on the same road were X5's and AWD Audis were getting stuck.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #87
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo31 View Post
Wooptie sh!t.

Come back and talk with me when you have experience with all three on a race track.

It's all in the set-up AND how you drive it.

That said, FWD is hard to set up nicely for street driving. AWD depends upon a LOT of variables. I'll bet a Scooby WRX STi will seriously out perform any of the cars (E46 included) in that first video.

However, your statements and reactions are silly.
Why even mention that silly boy racer car? (I'm a former bug-eye WRX owner--way former) in the league of a car far above it? Even if it were true that an STI could outperform it, who cares?-- a slingshotted turd nugget could accelerate faster than either. The quality of the Impreza is atrocious. My dashboard was falling apart in mine and so were the door panels! Fun car, but these boy racer suggestions are gettin' old!

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #88
JDUTHIE

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
I was thinking the same thing!

I suspect that Impressive doesn't want their 'formula' to get out so they can corner the market on this swap and probably said to anyone who called something like, "but you can't tell anyone anything about what we do or what we charge because we don't want to give an advantage to our competitors."

That's my guess, but I also think that a better reputation would have been gained by Impressive if it posted some of the details in the first post. Had it done that, perhaps some of the hating might have been minimized.

Anyway, Impressive, many are curious about this. Why not provide details yourself to the extent you're comfortable doing so, rather than rely on word of mouth and speculation?
^THIS SRRY DUDES
JDUTHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #89
ALPIN3

My Ride: E46
Pretty cool. IMO it would be nice to have the option...doesn't mean one must choose it. I admit I've thought that having an AWD M3 would be awesome for the winter/hitting the mountains.
ALPIN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #90
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUTHIE View Post
^THIS SRRY DUDES
I don't care if you are from seattle you should be banned for not posting the info you have!
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
/m3, awd, iac, impressive