E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #281
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
I'm well aware of to each their own, but fitment like that is so hideous for BMWs. Well, IMO for all cars.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #282
Roby G

My Ride: 2005 325 Ci
Lighten up all, its a free country !

and your cars are dirty !

Roby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #283
SkrApUNB

My Ride: 03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoooty View Post
Dude LoveBeingUseless, this guy just unsub'd you How do you feel about that?

On a side note I can't wait to see your info on the camber plates I will tackling some new wheels and suspension in the coming months.

-Brandon
SkrApUNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #284
LoveBeingUseless

My Ride: 2003 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
I'm done watching a perfectly engineered car get demolished by a hipster. Unsub'd.

Quote:
Dude LoveBeingUseless, this guy just unsub'd you How do you feel about that?
lol I'm not concerned who likes what I do or not. I enjoy sharing info and my build with the community, either stay and or elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46cruiser View Post
You could try the Cosmos racing camber plates , they seem pretty good and inexpensive, they also have the rear camber arms!
Thanks for the tip! Those look great and are a great price! Might be considering them

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iBMW View Post
Thanks for posting everything. I appreciate all the tips and tricks. The tool info was VERY helpful. You great!
Glad I can help! Let me know if you have any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrApUNB View Post

On a side note I can't wait to see your info on the camber plates I will tackling some new wheels and suspension in the coming months.

I sure will, keep checking in man. Oooo looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

-Austin

For more updates, Follow me on Instagram! @LoveBeingUseless
LoveBeingUseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #285
e46cruiser

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingUseless View Post

Thanks for the tip! Those look great and are a great price! Might be considering them

-Austin
Anytime man , if you do get them make sure to write a review ! Im still on the hunt for some camber plates as well and so far these are my first option !
e46cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #286
bigwoods

My Ride: 320i
Unreal write up, i spent so much time in this thread
bigwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #287
jaybiRRd

My Ride: 2005 330i
I always wondered how the fukk tires hold air with that much stretch.

jaybiRRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #288
Schlag96
Slightly Modded ///Member

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiRRd View Post
I always wondered how the fukk tires hold air with that much stretch.

I'm pretty sure they slather on a generous layer of Juggalo blood on the edge of the rim before mounting.
Schlag96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #289
LoveBeingUseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlag96 View Post
I'm pretty sure they slather on a generous layer of Juggalo blood on the edge of the rim before mounting.

Lol yeah, lots of tire lubricant.

Anyone else going to te Burbank Krispy Kreme meet to tonight?! details in the California Regional thread.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #290
LoveBeingUseless

My manager told me that a car club was going to come to the dealership this saturday and told me to come by! So I got up early and did a small wash/wax and headed over.

There were no enthusiest that were to into modifing per say, but met and talked to some nice people. I showed them around the shop and answered a lot questions. Thought I would share some pics. Got our new M6 in, its absolutley gorgeous. 4.4l twin turbo v8 making 560hp the engine designation is S63TU.

Also our E82E Which is super fun to drive. You get in and push the start button, and the cluster just reads to "ON" and you push the gas and you start rolling!

ANd some more pics for good measure!

Just got an Ipod retrofit kit out of a trade in car, so I just installed this morning, I'll post my install write up soon

Last edited by LoveBeingUseless; 06-10-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #291
LoveBeingUseless

Alright so the other day a e46 was traded in, and it had a bmw ipod retrofit kit in it.... soo I took it out and put the e46 radio back to factory set up.

This ipod retrofit kit takes the place of the 6 cd changer input on the back of your radio.

NOTE: Before I start I wanted to give you guys a little information on german wiring and diagrams. All BMW wiring diagrams have wire colors all in German Abbreviations. For those who dont know how to speak german, here is a little cheat sheet for you guys to have.

Abbreviation = English = German

TR = Transparent = Transparent
WS = White = Weiß
V = Purple = Violett
BL = Blue = Blau
BR = Brown = Braun
GE = Yellow = Gelb
GR = Gray = Grau
GN = Green = Grün
OR = Orange = Orange
RS = Pink = Rosa
RT = Red = Rot
SW = Black = Schwarz

My radio volume knob has been broken for awhile. The volume part of it worked but the on/off was not working. So I pulled my radio out and pulled it apart and look what I found!!!

The potentiometer was working just fine, the plastic mounting bracket had broken. I glued the bracket back together, and good as new! Works like a charm.

Here is the kit I got, sorry it is a little blurry!

I'm sure most have removed their radio before but for those who dont know... It is way simple.

Then use a interior trim tool to remove the passanger side trim peice. Starting from the radio side then pulling it straight out.

Now you can remove the center trim around the radio. Carefully pry up the left side of the trim.

Remove the 2 phillips screws that hold the radio in. THen pull the radio out!

Remove the 2 connectors. The radio antenna and radio supply harness.

Use BMW Special tool to remove pins from the radio harness. Power, Ground, and I/Bus. This connector is kind of a pain. You need to slide the lock of the harness over allowing you to remove the pins.

Note: It is imparative that you slide the lock over for the harness. You will fight forever getting these pins out if it is not unlocked. I was unable to get a pic of the lock activated but in the picture below you can see a small gap on the right side of the connector in the pictures below. Normally the gap is not there because the lock is slid in place. The picture show the lock slide over allowing you to remove the pins..

Now I know you guys all dont have access to BMW special tools but I'm sure you could come up with a way to remove the pins. The way the tool works is it has a thin metal cylinder that slides over the female connector, pushing in all the clips that hold the pin from being pulled out then a pole in the center slides up and pushes the pin up and out of the connector. If you grab a straw or small metal tubing from the hardware store Im sure you can than can take a piece of cut hanger and push the pin out or simply pull it out from the back side. Pulling hard on the wire is a NO NO. If it is not coming out, it is hung up on something, sometimes its better to push the pin further into the connector to make sure it is not snagged on anything than try again.

If you buy a BMW retrofit kit from the dealer, You can always ask them to print out the instructions for installation.

Remove these 3 pins From the factory Harness

Pin 7: I/K BUS = Data Transmission Color: WS/RT/GB = White/red wire with yellow rings going down it.
Pin 9: Terminal 30 = Power Color: RT/GN = Red/Green
Pin 15: Terminal 31 = Ground Color: BR = Brown

Here is a clear view of the little clips that are compressed by the cylinder instered around the pin so it can be simply pulled out, kinda like fish hook barbs.

This retrofit is very simple. The Pins you removed out of the radio harness are added into a new connector that comes with the kit. The kit comes with another harness that has new wires that connect to the new connector and radio harness.

Now remove your IHKA (Climate Control Module) and cubby. They are held in by clips. Just gently lever out each component and they will pop right out

Now mount the new Ipod Control Module in the dash... By mount just wedge it on the right side of radio and IHKA framework in the dash It sits in nice and snug. Route your wiring logically, nothing should be squished or stretched.

I decided I wanted to run My Ipod Cable to the lower cubby so my iphone is always readily available for me.

Last edited by LoveBeingUseless; 06-10-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #292
LoveBeingUseless

Alright, double check all your work and reinstall! I never showed pics, but I put an e90 Aux Input in my center console. I am able to have both the aux input and the aux input.

Pretty nice set up. It isnt as nice as a dice set up because it doesnt support my iphone 4 for charging but its awesome to control my music with my steering wheel.... Plus it was free!! It will do the trick for now

Sorry i havent posted much lately.. Been busy!!

Last edited by LoveBeingUseless; 06-10-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #293
Jets330

My Ride: scrapes alot
Searching through the thread, but counldn't find. @OP, what tire sizes were you running?
Jets330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #294
LoveBeingUseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets330 View Post
Searching through the thread, but counldn't find. @OP, what tire sizes were you running?
Its all in post #164 Page 9.

I am running 215/35/18 all around

Old 06-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #295
Jets330

Quote:
Its all in post #164 Page 9.

I am running 215/35/18 all around
Gotcha! Your stretch / stance looks amazing. exactly what im aiming for at the moment. gonna be playing around with a setup thats 17x9+20 all around, that currently has 205/40. only thing is, for some reason, the rim clanks on my coil overs in the front? haven't tried the rears though, not as worried as the front.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #296
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
looks great and great DIY write up as usual
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #297
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Forgive me if this was covered, but how did you get started working at the dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #298
scott0482

My Ride: 2001 530i
Send a message via AIM to scott0482
Quote:
Pretty nice set up. It isn't as nice as a dice set up because it doesn't support my iphone 4 for charging but its awesome to control my music with my steering wheel.... Plus it was free!!

You need a Scosche Passport:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS...-SHOPIP-Google
I got one, it does the trick.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #299
LoveBeingUseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets330 View Post
Gotcha! Your stretch / stance looks amazing. exactly what im aiming for at the moment. gonna be playing around with a setup thats 17x9+20 all around, that currently has 205/40. only thing is, for some reason, the rim clanks on my coil overs in the front? haven't tried the rears though, not as worried as the front.
Thanks I appreciate it! Thats odd, that size wheel seems like it would clear the coils, did you take helper springs out?

Quote:
looks great and great DIY write up as usual
Thanks, you know how I doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
Forgive me if this was covered, but how did you get started working at the dealer?
I didnt talk about it to much yet.

I had been working on euro's for a few years throughout highschool and Community College. I always had been into mechanical and electrical engineering. Decided to look at different Auto Tech training. Wyotech, UTI and community College. I had buddies who went to to UTI and that seemed attractive but not the price.... try $38,000..... I decided to look online and found Penn Foster College. They offered online ASE certified Auto tech training. Tuition cost about $800 bucks and I got about 20 different books in the mail as well as another 4-5 of ASE Training Books. It is the same cirriculum as UTI. I took almost all my exams at 3 am in Dennys over a plate of french toast

ANywho, I finished and started applying at dealerships around me. I applied and had interviews at almost 10 different dealerships. Mostly Euro's. Most places didnt have any available positions but interviewed me anyway.

When I applied at the dealership I am at now, They gave me 3 different interviews with different people. They actually had me take computerized testing. lol! They actually had 83 other applicants for the position. As you guys as can start to see I'm obsessed with detail and precision. They liked that. Then I got a call for me to come on by the dealership. I brought a portfolio I made of all my work (airride installs and various other car builds) and then they told me I got the job. I love going to work everyday. Hell I'm eager for sunday to finish its ass up so I can get to work tomorrow! BMW's arent just nuts and bolts. Thats the best part. The newer cars are insanely complicated and technical. The damn oil level sensor has a computer processor in to measure the oil quality as well.

Anyway lol Probably got carried away, but there is a little background information

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott0482 View Post
You need a Scosche Passport:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS...-SHOPIP-Google
I got one, it does the trick.
Thats nice! I have other plans for my vehicle connectivity. My dad is a software engineer. and he build micro processors..... Going to be building my own Entertainment interface for my car with an LED Touch screen. Complete with bluetooth, obd2 connectivity and much more I'm looking forward to it.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #300
Jets330

Would removing the helper springs help at all? Wouldntt that jus make my car lower and remove any more spring rates? Not effect in anyway of moving my coilovers more or clearing them in the first place? not sure if i even have helper springs in the first place lol ill check.