E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #121
LoveBeingUseless

My Ride: 2003 325i Sedan
Lol thanks everyone I appreciate it! I know the aggressive fitment isn't everyone style, but thank you for the postive criticism! Tires will be mounted tomorrow. Pics to come!
LoveBeingUseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #122
ArmyBimmer

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Cannot wait!!
ArmyBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #123
Roby G

My Ride: 2005 325 Ci
Fitment ? naa ! the Lowen-Brau is Jammed !

? Question: Hows your DiY budgeting goin ? your parts and mods sourcement
plus the I,Me,My ! wrenching efforts keepin the B low !

reflecting back - labor intensive short shifter install, maintenance/tuning, coils, tires, wheels has got to be under $1700 so far ... anyway goes to show how much you can save by DiY

Last edited by Roby G; 04-18-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: emoty and words
Roby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #124
Tiag46

My Ride: e46
Fking useless.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #125
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Sooooo since you're like next door to me... Photoshoot after I get my coils and wheels?

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #126
SkrApUNB

My Ride: 03 325i
.........waiting........

-Brandon
SkrApUNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #127
LoveBeingUseless

Rear Fender Rolling Prep!

I have done some searching and have found a few DIY's on rolling fenders. I first of all always recommend you USE A REAL FENDER ROLLER!!! I have used and seen people use a bat or such things before and it thrashes your fenders. It's not that easy to switch out fenders and quarter panels, so I recommend you be patient and do it right. If you are having emergency rubbing problems then do what you gotta do just make sure you keep your fender heated (not ot hot, it will melt your paint) and make little adjustments at a time with whatever method you are using.

Through my searching I found a ton of people confused on how to go about rolling the rear fenders. I was a little confused myself as there are not many clear sources on what you need to do to properly roll the rear fenders. I found people that cut their fenders, I've done that for people myself. I dont recommend it at all. It weakens the crap out of your fender and it wont take much for your wheel to hit your fender and tweak it... speaking from experiences... Had a buddy who insisted that we cut his rear fenders on a Dodge Neon SRT4 he had... It worked and looked good.. Fenders didnt last long... lol I know people have success with cutting them as well, thats good to hear, these fenders definitely do seem sturdier and thicker than most. I still prefer to do a proper roll to keep the fender as strong as possible.

So I Decided today I was gonna prep the rear fenders for some rolling action. I had to get up in there and see what the rubber body sealer that was in the way of my fender roll. I started picking at it and got some little bits out... Gosh that would be miserable to do them like that. lol. I grabbed my drill and wire wheels and started going at it gently. It works great. Cleans all the gunk out in no time! I recommend this for a time saver. Alright lets get to some pics.

Get your car up on some jackstands and remove the rear wheels. I'm custom to protecting the car from my work area. Even though painters tape wont stop a wire wheel from tearing up your paint, it provides some degree of protection. It also helps mask off your work area so you have a visual of the area you need to stay in.

Grab some wire wheels and a drill. You can pick them up from harbor freight for dirt cheap, they will do just fine.

Here you can see the rubber that is in the fender lip.

I have a little inspection mirror that came in handy for looking at the back side of the fender lip. Made the Job way easier.

Use different size wheels to reach to different parts of the fender and take your time! Here is the gunk that comes out.

Remove the fender liner for more room!

Remove the 10mm nut that holds the rear bumper cover to the fender bracket and gently push it out of the way. (I pushed it own and out so it sat on the out side of the fender while I worked on the inside)

Now the result! I sanded down the inside with an electric sander to clean it up a little and I plan to grab some touch up paint in a can so I can paint over the bare metal and protect it from the elements.

You can really see how well the wire wheel cleans it all out.

My girl decided to take some of the pics and help me with my DIY. Lol.. She even took the wheels and off for me!

Well I hope this was helpful guys!! I'm stoked to get the wheels mounted up! More to come.

Last edited by LoveBeingUseless; 04-19-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #128
KtecR

My Ride: ZHP, S2K, 4Runner
Send a message via AIM to KtecR
Fckn tuned in. This is great!

2008 S2000: Chicane Silver/Red; 6 spd
2007 KLR 650
2004 330i ZHP: AW/Gray Leather; 6spd
1996 4Runner SR5: White/Tan
1980 CB400T

Sold:
2000 328Ci: TiAg/Black Leather; 5spd
2004 M3: TiAg/Black Leather; SMG
1995 318i: Arctic Gray/Gray Leather; 5spd
1986 325es: Red/Black Cloth; 5spd
KtecR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #129
DanielJames

My Ride: Estoril 320d Sport
thread gets better everytime i visit
Old 04-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #130
Roby G

My Ride: 2005 325 Ci
Most Excellent !

[URL="

Roby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #131
AlexD330

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
thank you for all the DIYs! stoked for results

April Dub Mix Out NOW!
AlexD330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #132
jmanfredonia

My Ride: 325i
awesome diy! im kind of confused though, did you even roll the fenders yet since you didnt use a heat gun or roller?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #133
LoveBeingUseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanfredonia View Post
awesome diy! im kind of confused though, did you even roll the fenders yet since you didnt use a heat gun or roller?
Not yet! I just prepped the rear fenders for rolling them, I have not rolled them yet..

tires are mounted folks!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #134
FlzRider
OEM ///Member

My Ride: AW 1M
That wheel fitment looks VERRRY aggressive, but i'm curious how you will put it off. Sub'd

FlzRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #135
MrAdam

My Ride: S.L.O.W.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #136
e46cruiser

My Ride: 02 325i
Such a great thread !
I wanted to ask if you were going to do anything with the coils , like take off the helper springs or maybe the bumpstops .
I have the same coils and were basicly at the same height I want to see how much it will lower it
Keep up the good work!
e46cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #137
LoveBeingUseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46cruiser View Post
Such a great thread !
I wanted to ask if you were going to do anything with the coils , like take off the helper springs or maybe the bumpstops .
I have the same coils and were basicly at the same height I want to see how much it will lower it
Keep up the good work!
I'm not a huge fan of taking out the helper springs, they do actually "help" your coilover function the best. The fronts I have te full bump stop still in. The rear has a little wedge of the factory bumps top as you can see a few pages back. I got my wheels and I had to raise te rear a little and put bump stops in the rear while I wait to get my fenders rolled and pulled! But keep checking in cause anything I do, I will be sure to post!

On another note. I APOLOGIZE EVERYONE! I got my wheels on and man oh man it feels good to have some stance going again I apologize for not updating yet! For I do not have proper pics yet and I have been busy trying to get these things to fit!

I had to put 8mm spacers up front, cays emu wheels were rubbing the coils. That gives me a final set up of 18x10 et 12 upfront and 18x10 et 20 in the back. I plan to take some pics today! And post them up! I'm running about -2.5 degrees of camber up front and -3.2 or so in te rear.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #138
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Remember to give em a good lil drive, im dying to hear how those tires handle, so i can know if i should order them or not.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #139
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
ahhhh picsss!
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #140
e46cruiser

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingUseless View Post
I'm not a huge fan of taking out the helper springs, they do actually "help" your coilover function the best. The fronts I have te full bump stop still in. The rear has a little wedge of the factory bumps top as you can see a few pages back. I got my wheels and I had to raise te rear a little and put bump stops in the rear while I wait to get my fenders rolled and pulled! But keep checking in cause anything I do, I will be sure to post!

Yeah ill be checking in alot , keep it up man the car is coming out great.
Also IN for a review of the tires!
e46cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote