E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #61
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
WAIT. explain this BT streaming with NAV on the V5???? What do I need to do?
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #62
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Since this is the V6 thread it is not the correct thread for tech questions about the V5....in the interest of avoiding confusion by everyone who reads this in the future please email me and ill explain elsewhere....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 11-01-2011 at 03:24 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #63
robin325ci

My Ride: Helrot 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
1. Yes and no.....by default no, but if you go to the source selection screen first then go to nav it will continue to stream (V5s with newer firware do this too)
Pretty much useless since the audio will revert to the radio once you try to adjust the volume or change tracks. But the fact that it works with the way you described means that it is possible to have BT streaming while in navi, and that it is not a "hardware limitation". Dynavin just have to rework the firmware.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #64
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin325ci View Post
Pretty much useless since the audio will revert to the radio once you try to adjust the volume or change tracks. But the fact that it works with the way you described means that it is possible to have BT streaming while in navi, and that it is not a "hardware limitation". Dynavin just have to rework the firmware.
I so wanted to say exactly this, but didn't want to offend Jeff. I know its not him, it's Dynavin lying to him. I have been saying this all along, I knew it wasn't a hardware limitation.
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #65
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Considering the fact that they have had multiple firmware updates....dont you think they would have changed this if they could? There are things that can be changed with a simple software revision and things that cant. Its not a conspiracy and they are not evil geniuses. They (as do I) want the product to be good and the customers to be happy but there are limitations to what is possible/realistic. The fact that it does work when you do a weird work around but stops as soon as you try to give it a command SUPPORTS the fact that there is a hardware limitation.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 11-02-2011 at 04:10 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #66
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
And yes god damnit, it still won't rub my balls while I'm driving.
Hardware limitation? I think not.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #67
geko29

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
And yes god damnit, it still won't rub my balls while I'm driving.
Hardware limitation? I think not.
Why wasn't I told about this? That is unacceptable, (mastur)bait and switch! Jeff, how do I return my unit?

Last edited by geko29; 11-02-2011 at 06:34 PM.
geko29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #68
robin325ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Considering the fact that they have had multiple firmware updates....dont you think they would have changed this if they could? There are things that can be changed with a simple software revision and things that cant. Its not a conspiracy and they are not evil geniuses. They (as do I) want the product to be good and the customers to be happy but there are limitations to what is possible/realistic. The fact that it does work when you do a weird work around but stops as soon as you try to give it a command SUPPORTS the fact that there is a hardware limitation.
Jeff, you're a good man and I'm not here to argue. I'm just saying that I don't believe it is a "hardware limitation". For one, you have stated numerous times that the Radio/DVD and GPS have their own separate hardware, sharing the same screen. When you switch to Navi, all it does is switch video and touchscreen inputs. And the fact that BT streaming works with the workaround you mentioned, SUPPORTS the fact that it is indeed possible. If it were indeed a hardware limitation, it wouldn't work at all, wouldn't you agree?

Now about Dynavin "fixing the problem if they could", I could think of much larger companies that have never addressed (or at least took them a long time to address) known problems, even if "they could". Take BMW for instance. It was only two months ago that they officially acknowledged the tail light ground problem in the E46, even though the problem has been documented for years now.

Or how about the problem with Apple's iPhone and iPod touches, where the camera roll becomes hidden under the title bar and you can't click on it? I first had the problem when I updated to iOS 4.3.3. Even with 4.3.5, the problem is still there. You probably have encountered this since you have an iPhone yourself. So your reasoning "don't you think they would have changed this if they could" does not hold water.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:02 AM   #69
Darkoz

^^ Yes you're right, Jeff is lying, Dyanvin are lying, they secretly put bugs in their product to piss you off, it's a conspiracy.
You and everyone else have a choice, if you like what you see then buy it, if you don't like what you see then go get something else that you'll be happier with.

Last edited by Darkoz; 11-03-2011 at 04:04 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:03 AM   #70
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
Why wasn't I told about this? That is unacceptable, (mastur)bait and switch! Jeff, how do I return my unit?
I know, it's crazy in this day and age isn't it?
All I ask is to have my balls rubbed, you'd think I was asking for a blow job or a quick doggy god damnit, I know a firmware update would fix it.

Last edited by Darkoz; 11-03-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #71
crristic

My Ride: e46 320i
Great idea! You get the unit and amongst the extras you have the camera, the hdtv module and of course, the balls rubber. Just touch the icon in the main interface and your set.
crristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #72
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crristic View Post
Great idea! You get the unit and amongst the extras you have the camera, the hdtv module and of course, the balls rubber. Just touch the icon in the main interface and your set.
Yep, sure is!
Almost got it working but now it'll only rub my left ball!
Contacted Dynavin but they couldn't figure out what's wrong but I think the truth is that they don't really care about my balls, otherwise they'd fix the bug.
I'll have to play around with it a bit more...... and then I'll take a look at the Dynavin

Last edited by Darkoz; 11-03-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #73
HarjG

My Ride: E46 325i Sport
Hi, I recently brought a D95 v6 Android unit (Thanks Jeff!!) and would like to know how to move apps to my SD card. My unit is displaying low memory messages. I have tried apps from the market like Apps2SD but did not work. When trying to move apps, it just says failed.
Thanks in advance guys!
HarjG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:50 AM   #74
robin325ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
^^ Yes you're right, Jeff is lying, Dyanvin are lying, they secretly put bugs in their product to piss you off, it's a conspiracy.
You and everyone else have a choice, if you like what you see then buy it, if you don't like what you see then go get something else that you'll be happier with.
I never said Jeff was lying, or there is a conspiracy of some sort. Heck, I'm not even complaining. I was merely expressing my opinion, which I am entitled to. If you read the first post in this thread, you will see that Jeff only mentioned the new features like ipod resume, new menus and settings. No mention whether the previous issues have been fixed (ipod noise, uneven source volume levels etc.) except for the contacts list still not showing up.

No need to fill the thread with your garbage posts about your balls. You think it's funny but it's really pathetic. I actually used to admire you, but after seeing how you attack people just because they mention issues or start their own review thread about the Dynavin, I have no respect for people like you.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #75
HarjG

My Ride: E46 325i Sport
Quote:
I never said Jeff was lying, or there is a conspiracy of some sort. Heck, I'm not even complaining. I was merely expressing my opinion, which I am entitled to. If you read the first post in this thread, you will see that Jeff only mentioned the new features like ipod resume, new menus and settings. No mention whether the previous issues have been fixed (ipod noise, uneven source volume levels etc.) except for the contacts list still not showing up.

No need to fill the thread with your garbage posts about your balls. You think it's funny but it's really pathetic. I actually used to admire you, but after seeing how you attack people just because they mention issues or start their own review thread about the Dynavin, I have no respect for people like you.
Totally agree. We all join forums like these to share experiences, gain more knowledge and help others. We are not here to get sarcastic abuse from others who somehow feel they have the right to do so. Freedom of speech is one thing, p1ss take is another.

Last edited by HarjG; 11-05-2011 at 05:33 AM. Reason: .
HarjG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #76
CakeOD

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330Ci
So, are there going to be any more software updates for the V5, or are people that just bought a V5 a couple months ago just going to be completely screwed?
CakeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #77
COUPE ///M

My Ride: e46
What's the best SD card to get?some SD cards don't work.
COUPE ///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #78
Darkoz

Quote:
..........No need to fill the thread with your garbage posts about your balls. You think it's funny but it's really pathetic.......
Come on lighten up man, why so serious?
Old 11-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #79
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjG View Post
Totally agree. We all join forums like these to share experiences, gain more knowledge and help others. We are not here to get sarcastic abuse from others who somehow feel they have the right to do so. Freedom of speech is one thing, p1ss take is another.
And thankyou for your new contribution of 8 posts (all asking for answers of course) to this forum.

Last edited by Darkoz; 11-05-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #80
richyboycaldo

My Ride: Mx5 300zx 240z 330c
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeOD View Post
So, are there going to be any more software updates for the V5, or are people that just bought a V5 a couple months ago just going to be completely screwed?
+1 just one more update! All I want is a "resume" function!!!
richyboycaldo is offline   Reply With Quote