E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Do you smoke Ciggarettes?

...and throw them out on the street after your done with them especially when your driving??

Call me picky but I think if you smoke you should atleast put it out in an ashtray.

I also dislike people who come by the pad or store, or anywhere else , smoke and litter their cigg butts all up on the curb or in front of the house thinking some one else is going to clean up after them.

I used to smoke ciggs but I have been nicotine free since 01.

I hope that prop passes on the cigg tax so that people would slow down on the cancer sticks.

If I smoke anything it better get me lit.

"I hated cutting suckers with my razor blade. But everyday it's a struggle to get major paid. Anyway
it's so hard on a Jigga in this city, no pity..And ain't no love for the scrubs that be buying dimes.. If you could walk a mile in my shoes.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Smokers are generally f'ing rude. They think they deserve extra breaks at work, they think they should be able to smoke wherever they want, they think it's okay to drop their butts outside of stores or out of their car windows. Pisses me off.

I'm voting yes to up the cig tax in my state 80 cents next month.

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
Devious1
Invalid User

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Devious1
yeah, i don't feel comfortable ashing out my window or using the car ashtray, so i bought an ashtray that fits in my cup holder. problem solved.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
blownE30M3

My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
lol, some CHP pulled up next to me when I had a ciggarette out the window and told me I was littering by ashing out the window.

Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
ImAtWork

My Ride: lawnmower
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape goat View Post
i throw them on the ground, unless there is a perfectly good child or puppy around to throw them at.

i like how easily people villify and stereotype smokers. it makes me chuckle. like the people who bring their kids to a bar and then glare at the smokers. LMAO HAAHHAHAHAHAHA
Who brings their children to bars? Are these the same people that will complain about seeing cleavage on TV?

For ETK/TIS downloads, check www.torrentspy.com
Installation instructions, check here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=etk%2A
ImAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
MachRc
E46Fanatic

Not making villians out of smokers, but really, I have to hate on those careless ones who smoke in line at the movies, throw butts out, and put their addiction as first priority regardless if there are kids, people around.

For the other smokers that look out for non-smokers. Step outside lines and away from non-smokers to do the deed. Ones who open the rear or front ashtray in their bmw to throw away their butts. The ones that chew gums atleast after their smoking break, I commend you.

"I hated cutting suckers with my razor blade. But everyday it's a struggle to get major paid. Anyway
it's so hard on a Jigga in this city, no pity..And ain't no love for the scrubs that be buying dimes.. If you could walk a mile in my shoes.."
Old 10-20-2006, 12:38 PM   #7
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
are "Ciggarettes"

Oh yea, when I smoke.. if there isn't an ashtray near by, that sucker is going on the ground. Same goes for my ash. Do I care? No.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #8
MachRc
E46Fanatic

^^ did I spell ir phuny? oh wellz cigarettes!

Old 10-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
MFarrZHP

My Ride: Has 6 speeds
I cringe when I see people smoking in nice cars. I don't smoke, but if I did I would wait until I was done driving.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #10
tattooed_sailor
No Such User

My Ride: E34 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape goat View Post
i throw them on the ground, unless there is a perfectly good child or puppy around to throw them at.

i like how easily people villify and stereotype smokers. it makes me chuckle. like the people who bring their kids to a bar and then glare at the smokers. LMAO HAAHHAHAHAHAHA
nah.. i usually find some young child or asthmatic person to blow my noxious second-hand smoke on.. when i am finished with my death stick i generally use their forehead to extinguish my butt.. afterward forcing them to swallow to butt so as to cut down on litter
tattooed_sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #11
Racinghart

My Ride: 03 330i ZHP
Send a message via AIM to Racinghart
I hate it when they throw their buds out the window when your behind em, likes its nothing. Fking rude.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:43 PM   #12
dramacydaL

My Ride: 04 M3
i don't smoke. but, i mean if a smoker were to smoke let's say... anywhere and there was no ashtray or even a trash can, what do you expect them to do with the finished cigarette? do you expect them to carry it around in their pocket or something until they find one? all my friends that smoke tend to be very respectful of everyone around them when they smoke. i mean, they do throw their buds on the floor but, i mean, i guess we could also target those who chew gum and spit it on the ground too then..

as for smoking in the car.. i have nothing to say but, why do they do it? i suck at multi-tasking! haha
Old 10-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My favorite is walking around in a bar while smoking. I can't tell you how many people I end up stabbing in the hand with my lit cigarette. The shock on their face that I don't care makes me feel like a badass.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:53 PM   #14
SULEV1

My Ride: 2004 325I
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
lol, some CHP pulled up next to me when I had a ciggarette out the window and told me I was littering by ashing out the window.
Do that in my neighborhood and you'll definitely get a ticket. TX is quite serious about that stuff although I see a lot of people still doing it.
SULEV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:09 PM   #15
Ward

My Ride: 2011 335is coupe
This one guy at my office came up to me to ask me a question and I had just met him so I didn't know he smoked. He just reeked so bad of cigarettes and you could see he was so hopelessly addicted that I just felt sorry. He had bags under his eyes and his skin tone was similar to that of a dead person.

I just get pissed when people toss their cigarette out the window at night on the freeway and the cherry lights up and startles me.

Secondhand smoke is something we have to deal with. In reality, this is one of the smallest examples of inconsiderate behavior so it doesn't get to me that badly.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #16
brew

My Ride: F150 X5 MR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramacydaL View Post
i don't smoke. but, i mean if a smoker were to smoke let's say... anywhere and there was no ashtray or even a trash can, what do you expect them to do with the finished cigarette? do you expect them to carry it around in their pocket or something until they find one? all my friends that smoke tend to be very respectful of everyone around them when they smoke. i mean, they do throw their buds on the floor but, i mean, i guess we could also target those who chew gum and spit it on the ground too then..

as for smoking in the car.. i have nothing to say but, why do they do it? i suck at multi-tasking! haha
Yes - the people who throw gum on the ground are equally bad.

Last Christmas I rented a vacation house and had to put down a fat cleaning deposit. Guests were throwing their cig butts off the deck like it was nothing. I was the one the next day who had to walk around in the freezing cold collecting their fvcking butts off of the lawn and bushes. Each of those smokers is now an ignorant, disrespectful SOB in my book.
brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #17
SteveFromNY

My Ride: Audi Q5, 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
Oh yea, when I smoke.. if there isn't an ashtray near by, that sucker is going on the ground. Same goes for my ash. Do I care? No.
, I flick my butts at cars passing me on the highway...
Old 10-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #18
3onDubs

My Ride: no
There are two types of smokers and i've been around both (i used to smoke as well)...the inconsiderate type and the considerate type......it goes beyond simply being a smoker and being a non-smoker...it has to do with your personality type (which is of course influenced by culture and upbringing).

The inconsiderate type will spark up a cigarette anywhere and blow towards crowds of people without even noticing or caring.

The considerate type will always ask (if there's a person nearby), "do you mind if i smoke?" and even when they exhale, they will be careful to blow in the opposite direction of any nearby individuals (not that this prevents second hand smoke, but the gesture makes a big difference).

This is the same for all people, regardless of whether they smoke or not....litterers will litter and considerate people will be considerate.
3onDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:57 PM   #19
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
There are two types of smokers and i've been around both (i used to smoke as well)...the inconsiderate type and the considerate type......it goes beyond simply being a smoker and being a non-smoker...it has to do with your personality type (which is of course influenced by culture and upbringing).

The inconsiderate type will spark up a cigarette anywhere and blow towards crowds of people without even noticing or caring.

The considerate type will always ask (if there's a person nearby), "do you mind if i smoke?" and even when they exhale, they will be careful to blow in the opposite direction of any nearby individuals (not that this prevents second hand smoke, but the gesture makes a big difference).

This is the same for all people, regardless of whether they smoke or not....litterers will litter and considerate people will be considerate.
We rude smokers don't take kindly to the considerates. They make us look soft.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #20
ripped_78

My Ride: 2000 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post