E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #1
WJLEGG

My Ride: '03 330i
JZ46 Drift Build Thread

Just a little bit of background on myself and the car:
My name is Billy and I'm from North Carolina, right around Seymour Johnson AFB, where I bought my first car by myself at the age of 18. I was crazy excited about it even though it was not the finest specimen of an E46. Its a 2003 TiAg 330i Automatic with 188k miles on it. Premium and Cold weather packages.

I daily drove the car around where I lived in NC for almost two years, and then life made a big change on me. I picked up and moved with my family to Kansas City, Missouri, which is where I live now. I thought that it was time to move on from BMW, and I bought my daily driver, a 2008 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX. Way better purchase, the car had low mileage and was almost completely unmodified. It's perfect for me and never fails to put a smile on my face.

My family has always been big into motorsports. My father used to build crazy powerful engines and has the most knowledge of any sort of engine than anyone I've ever met. And ever since I was a little guy I've always been right there with him and he has always had me involved, and I'm truly lucky for that. Not long after we moved to Missouri, me and dad decided we want to have a new, no expense saved, high end build of some sort. Something to truly be proud of and fun that we can build together.

We went to a drift event at Heartland Park Raceway in Topeka, KS, where we met a good friend of mine who has built a couple drift cars, and we decided that was the route we were going to take. This whole time, mind you, I have my E46 sitting in my garage with dust building up on it as I drive my Subaru around everywhere.

The car is going to be getting a full drift build aimed for high horsepower:
Full interior gut (complete)
Full cage (in progress now)
Full suspension (Coilovers, bump steer kit, extended lower control arms, etc)
Engine and transmission swap to a 1JZ-GTE with an R154 trans. (after its all said and done looking to make at least 500WHP)

This all will be done by March of next year at an absolute maximum, looking to have the car completely ready for the first close event to me at the beginning of March. I'm going to try to keep up with this thread as much as possible, updating it as the build goes on. Hopefully you guys enjoy watching this build take place. I'm extremely excited to see the transformation of this car from an old basic E46 sedan into the beast it will become.

Attached I will have pictures of the car as it sits now, fully stripped interior waiting on the materials to show up for the cage
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image (3).jpg
Views:	108
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	575994   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (4).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	575995   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (5).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	575996   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (6).jpg
Views:	103
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	575997  

WJLEGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:45 AM   #2
modjo

My Ride: 330XI
I can imagine how a lot work is there.
modjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
cjccww

My Ride: 2014 wrx, 2001 330i
man sounds like an awesome build! Cant wait to see how it goes.
cjccww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
WJLEGG

My Ride: '03 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjccww View Post
man sounds like an awesome build! Cant wait to see how it goes.
Hey another WRX/E46 owner!
WJLEGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #5
cjccww

My Ride: 2014 wrx, 2001 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJLEGG View Post
Hey another WRX/E46 owner!
haha yep! Just like you I'm planning on doing a monster build with my E46. I'm going with the 5.3L Chevy V8 and a 4l80E if I can get it to fit.

Saldy mine will probably take years since I'm going about it by my self and have a limited budget/ experience.

Good luck to you and your dad!

Last edited by cjccww; 10-03-2014 at 04:32 PM.
cjccww is offline   Reply With Quote