E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Does Anyone Else Get A Dealer Discount?

More than a year ago my dealer out of the blue mailed an unexpected discount card to me. Plastic cc like card never expires and gives me a 15% discount on all parts and services. This is a big deal to me and I've used it when I had an emergency alternator replaced.
I've never heard something like this mentioned by anyone else, so I'm curious to know if anyone else got something like this from their dealer?
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army

My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
More than a year ago my dealer out of the blue mailed an unexpected discount card to me. Plastic cc like card never expires and gives me a 15% discount on all parts and services. This is a big deal to me and I've used it when I had an emergency alternator replaced.
I've never heard something like this mentioned by anyone else, so I'm curious to know if anyone else got something like this from their dealer?
i got one 2 years ago, $40 oil change and a discount on all parts and service. but not from my dealer, from another dealer that was close by.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
tootall

My Ride: 2011 328iT 3 pedals
BMW of Greenwich gives a hefty discount to BMWCCA members. If you sign up for their emails, they also have some decent discounts on a variety of items.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #4
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
I do. Just ask your parts guy what he can do for you...promise him that you'll put him on your list of potential gay lovers if you and he ever become gay at, or around, the same time. Worked for me!

Also, AAA membership gives 10% off; car club membership, as stated; and mention that you're a member of e46fanatics--this may or may not entitle you to a discount.

Finally, way back, I'd get prices online and ask the dealer how close it could get. On lots of smaller ticket items, it could usually get pretty close if not better, when you consider the cost of shipping.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #5
jayb328i

My Ride: E46 2000 328i
I have priced parts at 3 or 4 BMW dealers in the past--as I have posted with exact prices. A $100 part at one dealer may be closer to $160 at another dealer. I am shocked at such a difference, without any discount car. The point being, make sure that the discount is truly a discount, or can you do better at another dealer without the discount. Do not assume that the discount card will result in a "fair" price.
jayb328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:29 AM   #6
jfoj

My Ride: '06 330CiC, '03 M5
See my signature below for my favorite BMW parts supplier, they have about the best prices around that I have found, no handling fee, shipping is very reasonable and no abnormal delays or need to use instant messaging to communicate!

If you need a partial order shipped, if you let them know, they will do their best to work with you.

Fuel pump failures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=929501

Temp Info - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=964491

Hidden OBC Menu - Check Voltage, Temps, Fuel Level - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239619

E46/E39 GM5 Door Lock Info - www.bmwgm5.com

Lower hose fan switch O-ring - BMW #13621743299
jfoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
E RaK

My Ride: 2001 325xit
I work at a Subaru dealership and I just ask for a discount and they give it to me, no questions asked!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
go through wholesale
Old 03-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
G-Hots

My Ride: ///M3 & 328ci & X3
Send a message via AIM to G-Hots Send a message via MSN to G-Hots
I get wholesale prices on all parts from any dealer in the US
G-Hots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #10
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoj View Post
See my signature below for my favorite BMW parts supplier, they have about the best prices around that I have found, no handling fee, shipping is very reasonable and no abnormal delays or need to use instant messaging to communicate!

If you need a partial order shipped, if you let them know, they will do their best to work with you.

I buy tons online, but was primarily talking about parts needed while in the middle of a job, or especially services where online cannot help. www.bmwmercedesparts.com does not do alignments or balancing or state inspections.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
stookin

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330i
i just work for a shop and get everything at wholesale lulz. from the dealer and worldpac
stookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
jfoj

My Ride: '06 330CiC, '03 M5
As for balancing, alignment and inspections. Forge the dealer, takes too long, costs too much.

Not sure where you are located, but I use Just Tires for balancing. They have lifetime road force balancing and use the Hunter machine. Does not get much better than that. One shop I use is good, they let me speak with the techs and I ask them to check the wheels carefully for bends when they mount tires, or balance them. Many of the lightweight aluminum wheels bend very easily.

As for alignment I found a good Indy that will ballast the car and ballast it they way I want it ballasted. I do not run with 4 occupants, luggage and a full tank of fuel often at all.

State inspections, where I am, fixed price no matter where you are located.

I can tell you my local dealer was decent about a replacement key, around $150 without any questions, some charge over $200 of the E39/E46 keys!

Also gave me a reasonable deal on 10W60 TWS M oil.

But when I needed some O-rings, I did not even get the Vasoline!! I think I paid about $6 for something I was getting online for under $1!!

Fuel pump failures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=929501

Temp Info - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=964491

Hidden OBC Menu - Check Voltage, Temps, Fuel Level - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239619

E46/E39 GM5 Door Lock Info - www.bmwgm5.com

Lower hose fan switch O-ring - BMW #13621743299
jfoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #13
FenderGuy05

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
My dealership's parts department is very flexible with prices. I've emailed them multiple times with price quotes for parts from different places, wherever I can find it cheapest, and they have matched every single time.

Even when I needed wipers, and didn't have time to get a comparison to cut the price down, the guy still gave me a good discount just because he remembered me. I can say I've very pleased with them.

Never done service with them because I just don't like their prices for something I can get done cheaper at an indy shop near my work, or of course DIY.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #14
Nervous

My Ride: 01 330CI 6MT ZSP EU3
I have one from my local dealer Russel BMW of Catonsville, MD. Very handy for emergency or urgent cases.
Nervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
My local BMW dealership gives huge discounts if you're a forum member at maxbimmer.com

Like, 20-50% off. (srs)
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote