E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-29-2016, 07:54 PM   #1
05blacke46

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330i
NCS Expert and Top Speed Limiter Question

Hello....

Ok I have checked a lot of forums and discussions and yes I am asking this question in a new thread. Because most forum discussions, by the third response, go off on some retarded tangent having nothing to do with the original question. Rant over.

2005 330i M Sport Package. Does this model have a speed limiter and what would it be set at? Ive seen numbers from 136mph to 155mph. Anyone with a descent solid answer is welcome to advise.

I have NCS and am very good at it however am having trouble locating where top speed limiter info is in the coding. Any suggestions?

Secondly, I turned off the seatbelt chime however the seatbelt symbol still illuminates on the cluster. Any way to deactivate the red seat belt symbol?

Thank you everyone.
05blacke46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #2
AndreBXP

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Unless it's a ZHP, the limiter is probably set to 128mph or so. It will do 155mph if you de-limit it.
AndreBXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:23 PM   #3
05blacke46

Thanks AndreBXP

Not ZHP. Has the M Sport Package. Do you know how to deactivate the limiter through NCS Expert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreBXP View Post
Unless it's a ZHP, the limiter is probably set to 128mph or so. It will do 155mph if you de-limit it.
05blacke46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
AndreBXP

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05blacke46 View Post
Thanks AndreBXP

Not ZHP. Has the M Sport Package. Do you know how to deactivate the limiter through NCS Expert?
Not possible IIRC; I was only able to remove it via an ECU remap.
AndreBXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #5
franz

My Ride: 03 330i
The seatbelt symbol can be deactivated...but I believe it is a lot easier with PA Soft.
franz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:36 PM   #6
iowna330xi

My Ride: is fast.
The speed limiter can not be removed with ncs. (To my knowledge) but I've removed mine my self by tuning ecu. Easy. I've also increased my rev limiter to 6800. Maybe 7000 later

Last edited by iowna330xi; 02-29-2016 at 09:37 PM.
iowna330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #7
05blacke46

Thanks Franz. Yes I deactivated the buzzer previously through PA Soft but do not recall seeing the option to eliminate the actual red symbol in the cluster.

Thats why I thought maybe NCS would have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz View Post
The seatbelt symbol can be deactivated...but I believe it is a lot easier with PA Soft.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #8
05blacke46

Thanks man appreciate the feedback.

Have any idea of what these options mean in NCS??
picture attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowna330xi View Post
The speed limiter can not be removed with ncs. (To my knowledge) but I've removed mine my self by tuning ecu. Easy. I've also increased my rev limiter to 6800. Maybe 7000 later
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160229_103729.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	625571  
Old 03-01-2016, 08:36 AM   #9
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iC
Thats coding info of the LCM? It seems like they lift the headlights at speeds above 175km/h for a given value of 01 (whatever that value means in ) and it seems they lower the headlights for speeds below 10km/h for an other value 01.

The last one makes no sense even to me.

Unfortunally, there is absolutely no possibility to change the vmax of the car by coding with NCS.

Siemens MS42 wiki!

Siemens MS43 wiki!

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #10
05blacke46

Daniel thank you.

Yes from LCM I just looked it up on my trace back ups. I had that picture on my phone but did not recall from which module.

I accept the fact that vmax cannot be changed through ncs. I dont plan on reaching top speeds but I am an enthusiast that sleeps better at night knowing my car has no restrictions if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_f. View Post
Thats coding info of the LCM? It seems like they lift the headlights at speeds above 175km/h for a given value of 01 (whatever that value means in ) and it seems they lower the headlights for speeds below 10km/h for an other value 01.

The last one makes no sense even to me.

Unfortunally, there is absolutely no possibility to change the vmax of the car by coding with NCS.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:44 AM   #11
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iC
Move over to MS43 Theres a ton of possibilities

Siemens MS42 wiki!

Siemens MS43 wiki!

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:33 AM   #12
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Daniel thank you.

Yes from LCM I just looked it up on my trace back ups. I had that picture on my phone but did not recall from which module.

I accept the fact that vmax cannot be changed through ncs. I dont plan on reaching top speeds but I am an enthusiast that sleeps better at night knowing my car has no restrictions if needed.

Switch to ms43, get a ZHP, or shark.

I hope you are taking your car to a track. You don't need to go 128 + or even close to that speed.

ZHP Mods: JB Lightweight fly wheel (10.5 pounds), Koni FSD ProKit, Supreme Power Drop Hats, Hotchkis front(30.2mm)/rear(25.4mm) sway bars, Sprint Booster, AFE Stage 1 Intake, Morimoto EvoX-R Headlights, Orion V4 Angel Eyes, Satin Black 18x9 ET42 APEX ARC-8 Wheel

330xi Mods:Front Koni Yellow Struts and Rob43 Rear 9 Way adjustable Rear Dampers,H&R Sport Springs,Supreme Power Drop Hats,ZHP 5 speed shift knob
zander271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #13
05blacke46

I live in Texas. The whole state is a race track. Average speeds on highway outside the city are 90-110mph.

Regardless, I have another car, classic Impala SS which does 160mph+ with no limiter and I have gotten it pretty close to that.

So not looking for the speed. As mentioned in previous post I would like to have all options activated and all restrictions removed as an enthusiast.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander271 View Post
Switch to ms43, get a ZHP, or shark.

I hope you are taking your car to a track. You don't need to go 128 + or even close to that speed.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:16 AM   #14
TerraPhantm

My Ride: M3 & ZHP
It's not difficult to raise the speed limiter on the ms45, but you'd need a BDM to flash the tune (unless you can figure out the RSA protection which apparently Jim Conforti did)
Old 03-01-2016, 08:07 PM   #15
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
NCS Expert and Top Speed Limiter Question

Quote:
I live in Texas. The whole state is a race track. Average speeds on highway outside the city are 90-110mph.

Regardless, I have another car, classic Impala SS which does 160mph+ with no limiter and I have gotten it pretty close to that.

So not looking for the speed. As mentioned in previous post I would like to have all options activated and all restrictions removed as an enthusiast.....

You have the 3 options for removing it. The shark is the easiest way.

You just come off as young asking for this(not saying you are). This whole forum has become younger and the appeal of taking a car the absolute max is here. The issue is most think they can handle a car at those speeds when the skill/experience is not there. If speed is not the focus then why remove the limited? You reason for just for the sake of it makes zero sense. That's like asking for the info on a drug dealer just for the shits of it.

Not to digress, what's under the hood of this classic Impala? Transmission/rear end etc?

ZHP Mods: JB Lightweight fly wheel (10.5 pounds), Koni FSD ProKit, Supreme Power Drop Hats, Hotchkis front(30.2mm)/rear(25.4mm) sway bars, Sprint Booster, AFE Stage 1 Intake, Morimoto EvoX-R Headlights, Orion V4 Angel Eyes, Satin Black 18x9 ET42 APEX ARC-8 Wheel

330xi Mods:Front Koni Yellow Struts and Rob43 Rear 9 Way adjustable Rear Dampers,H&R Sport Springs,Supreme Power Drop Hats,ZHP 5 speed shift knob

Last edited by zander271; 03-01-2016 at 09:15 PM.
zander271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #16
05blacke46

Sorry for the late reply Zander. Rough week.

My 95 Caprice Classic/Impala SS has the LT1 Corvette engine, 5.7 liter 350 cubic inch. K&N cold air induction, Edlebrock wide throttle body, 3.08 rear dif... soon to come transmission shift kit, Holley hooker headers and flowmaster exhaust.

However, before I even did one mod to this car it would do 150mph+ stock and is twice the size of my 330. It shifts out of first gear to second at 49mph and spins the rear wheels at that speed and shift point. Total sleeper on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander271 View Post
You have the 3 options for removing it. The shark is the easiest way.

You just come off as young asking for this(not saying you are). This whole forum has become younger and the appeal of taking a car the absolute max is here. The issue is most think they can handle a car at those speeds when the skill/experience is not there. If speed is not the focus then why remove the limited? You reason for just for the sake of it makes zero sense. That's like asking for the info on a drug dealer just for the shits of it.

Not to digress, what's under the hood of this classic Impala? Transmission/rear end etc?

Tags
330 m sport, ncs, top speed