E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #141
TSR6

My Ride: Keg Sled
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedude90 View Post
How did I not see this thread before.
Between me and my buddy we have 1 hero 2 hero2's all with water proof cases, Home made crane, chest piece, head piece and tons of mounts and my buddy just got the wireless backpac and remote. Now we're just waiting for the app to come out.

Ill see what vids and pics I can dig up and and put on here later on. Damn work computer wont let me get on youtube.
Ditto.. I am also waiting for the GoPro App....
Old 08-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #142
mestupmonkydude

My Ride: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
No ****? You ever go over to MIS? I know we've PM'ed back and forth about the area - didnt realize you were so close.

I have a couple videos from Madison Int'l Speedway (not all GoPro, but still):

Shows how close my property is.

Last edited by mestupmonkydude; 08-10-2012 at 01:00 AM.
mestupmonkydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #143
TSR6

sweet!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #144
TSR6

Check this video out.... This was from last night!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #145
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Is that a button for something on the wheel? Fire bottle? Seems like an awkward spot for radio.

Cool vids, btw. Thanks for posting.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #146
TSR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Is that a button for something on the wheel? Fire bottle? Seems like an awkward spot for radio.

Cool vids, btw. Thanks for posting.
That is his Push-To-Talk button for the radio. You just put it in the spot that is easiest (driver preference) to push if you need to talk to the spotter/crew while on the track.

It's all taped up because I had to ghetto-solder it (using a propane torch to heat a screwdriver cherry red) at the track several races ago.

The fire bottle is a pin/handle setup to the right of where the camera is mounted here up by the exit window. You have to pull a pin first, then pull the handle. The fire-bottles aren't cheap to fire off...

Last edited by TSR6; 08-19-2012 at 11:33 AM.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #147
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
That is his Push-To-Talk button for the radio. You just put it in the spot that is easiest (driver preference) to push if you need to talk to the spotter/crew while on the track.

It's all taped up because I had to ghetto-solder it (using a propane torch to heat a screwdriver cherry red) at the track several races ago.

The fire bottle is a pin/handle setup to the right of where the camera is mounted here up by the exit window. You have to pull a pin first, then pull the handle. The fire-bottles aren't cheap to fire off...
Guess I've always seen the radio button on the side of the steering wheel that faces the driver. But I've only dabbled in circle track stuff, almost all my experience is road racing and drag racing.

Once upon a time when I was in that business, one of my customers slid his SCCA Porsche sideways off the track at Firebird and smacked the wall pretty hard. As you well know, when something like that happens, there's a ton of crap in the air, tire smoke, concrete dust, dirt, etc. It's not always clear right away to the driver if there's a fire.

He was telling us the story (he broke two wheels and brought us the new ones/tires to mount/balance) and described sitting in the car with his hand on the fire bottle lever: "So I'm sitting there, and this is how you can tell I'm a Jew, cuz all I'm thinking is how much it costs to refill these bottles and I'm not gonna punch them until I see actual flame."

Dude was a character, his Porsche was wicked fast and he could DRIVE that thing.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #148
benjamin1

My Ride: 350z track edition
Hi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1345428627.754732.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	465643  

benjamin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #149
TSR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Guess I've always seen the radio button on the side of the steering wheel that faces the driver. But I've only dabbled in circle track stuff, almost all my experience is road racing and drag racing.

Once upon a time when I was in that business, one of my customers slid his SCCA Porsche sideways off the track at Firebird and smacked the wall pretty hard. As you well know, when something like that happens, there's a ton of crap in the air, tire smoke, concrete dust, dirt, etc. It's not always clear right away to the driver if there's a fire.

He was telling us the story (he broke two wheels and brought us the new ones/tires to mount/balance) and described sitting in the car with his hand on the fire bottle lever: "So I'm sitting there, and this is how you can tell I'm a Jew, cuz all I'm thinking is how much it costs to refill these bottles and I'm not gonna punch them until I see actual flame."

Dude was a character, his Porsche was wicked fast and he could DRIVE that thing.
Amen... You never pull that lever unless you cannot get out of the car. You have just as much chance of passing out from that dang thing... plus the expense of a refill...

I always put my button on the spoke closest to my right hand. My brother on the other hand - you see where he puts his PTT!

We've only road raced 2-3 times, but I am familiar with that aspect also - I sell parts to that group of racers too!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #150
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
i have some vids from the bike, but rather not post. dont feel like people bitching about the speeds that were achieved and where...

///M

Last edited by Redline; 08-19-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #151
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
I just ordered one for upcoming Hawaii snorkel trip. Will post some up.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #152
Redline

Heres the first video I shot with the new Hero 2 while we were cruising around and taking some photos of our bimmers.

///M

Last edited by Redline; 08-21-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #153
Amoeba

^^ Nice. Is that suction mount on the outside of the windshield?
Old 08-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #154
Redline

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
^^ Nice. Is that suction mount on the outside of the windshield?
Yeah, I bought the motorsports gopro, the mounts are nice. Just wouldn't trust it on anything other than glass at high speeds...

///M
Old 08-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #155
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M=Power View Post
Yeah, I bought the motorsports gopro, the mounts are nice. Just wouldn't trust it on anything other than glass at high speeds...
I have a friend that puts it on his sunroof and hits probably 120+ish at track days. Never had a problem. Yet.

I mount mine upsidedown on the inside of the sunroof so I can get driver inputs. Also if it falls off then I wont loose it.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #156
Amoeba

Just got mine today, motor sport version. I don't have a sunroof so will probably try from inside of the windshield first.

Are there any brackets for mounting to the headrest?
Old 08-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #157
kuksul08

My Ride: M3
Not that I know of. I mounted it to the passenger side window so you can see the driver/shifter and out all the windows. Won't work if you want to roll the window down though.

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #158
ilee21

My Ride: 2004 M3
I'm thinking about picking one of these up this week. Do you know if they are planning to release a newer version soon?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #159
TSR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilee21 View Post
I'm thinking about picking one of these up this week. Do you know if they are planning to release a newer version soon?
I don't believe so. I'd expect the Hero2 to be good for at least another 6mo/1yr
Old 08-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #160
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote