E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to choleaoum
What camber kit will give me the most negative adjustment?

I need a camber kit that will give me more negative camber adjustment but won't rip a hole in my wallet. I'm on a really tight budget, what do you guys recommend?
choleaoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
bump
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

im looking into godspeeds after leaving wheelhouse in rosemead but i need someone with actual experience with achieving a ton of negative camber.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
LivesNearCostco

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6MT
If you're doing this for cornering performance, I hear good things about the Vorshlag plates and the Ground Control race plates. But they're both expensive. I have the Ground Control street camber plates and can get to about -3.0 degrees per side up front, using stock sports springs. I think their race plates let you get more negative, maybe -3.5 or so, depending on ride height. Someone else on here has recommended the Cosmos Racing plates as a less expensive option.

Note that Ground Control E46 race camber plates do not fit stock or stock-type springs; they only work with coilover springs. Vorshlag camber plates can be set up to work with stock type springs but that costs a little extra.

If you're doing this for stance, then you probably want more than -3.0 degrees, but I don't know anything about stance.

Last edited by LivesNearCostco; 11-14-2011 at 01:48 AM.
LivesNearCostco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

Yeah I need rear camber kits, plates I'm not too concern about. I'm doing it for my wheel fitnent unfortunately haha
Old 11-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
murph1379

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
How much do you really need? You can probably get up to about -3.0 in the rear with the stock arms and a low ride height.

I mean, it's stupid to use that much, but that's your problem...
murph1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
LivesNearCostco

Sorry, I just assumed front camber. On my car stock lower control arms allow me to get between -2.0 and -2.1 degrees max neg camber on stock (sports) ride height. Popular choices for rear arms include SPC, UUC, TMS, Ground Control, etc. (the Eibach and UUC ones look similar to the SPC ones but I don't know if they are the same.) Prices range from $180 to $400 for a pair. You should verify that they let you get enough negative camber (adjust long enough) before ordering, as many of them are designed to make rear camber LESS negative after you lower the car. For example a racer might lower the car and have -3.0 degrees rear camber, then use shorter adjustable control arms to bring it back to -2.5 degrees. You want to lower the car and lengthen the rear lower control arms to make the camber even more negative, which might be opposite of what the racers are trying to do.

Tire Rack sells two options; Bimmerworld sells 3 (including Ground Control); TMS sells one (their own). Also check UUC.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

Yeah and now the question is which one would allow me the most negative adjustment. SPC only allows -1 degree.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
LivesNearCostco

It can't be -1 total because no E36/E46 racer would want to run their rear camber at -1. It must be -1 on top of what the stock arms give you. I suggest calling UUC, Ground Control, BimmerWorld or Turner Motorsports to find out for sure. That is if you currently have -3 rear camber at your ride height, will these let you get at least -4 at the same ride height?

Edit: Or go ask some Stanceworks guys, or in the wheel and tire forum. Most of these vendors above are thinking about how to get optimal camber for cornering or race; in Wheel and Tire there must be others who just want to tuck some really wide tires, regardless of performance.

Last edited by LivesNearCostco; 11-14-2011 at 06:47 PM.
LivesNearCostco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #10
Mouf

My Ride: 2004 ZHP Sedan
So your on a budget.... yet you want to increase camber to fit; I would assume not so cheap wheels... only to wear out your rear tires extremely quickly. I would also assume that the tires will be wide and extremely low profile also increasing the price.

Sounds like a little back ass wards.

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer
Mouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #11
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

Im sorry, I didn't realize money grew on trees and budgets couldn't exist anymore. I spent thousands on my rims and tires. So **** yeah I'm set back on money. Its okay, I'll spend 400 on a camber kit, when I can buy a 120 dollar one that will get the job done. While I'm at it, let me change my oil with gold. Why the hell not, its not like im being judged at how I want to spend my money.

Last edited by choleaoum; 11-14-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #12
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by choleaoum View Post
Im sorry, I didn't realize money grew on trees and budgets couldn't exist anymore. I spent thousands on my rims and tires. So **** yeah I'm set back on money. Its okay, I'll spend 400 on a camber kit, when I can buy a 120 dollar one that will get the job done. While I'm at it, let me change my oil with gold. Why the hell not, its not like im being judged at how I want to spend my money.

Get out of my thread please if you are going to stay off topic.

As for camber kits I'm going with DNA they said they're camber kits can go up to -3 degrees adjustment. If it doesn't work I'll sell it and build my own.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
UUC Motorwerks, *******

My Ride: 7s, M5s, M3s, others
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
...the Eibach and UUC ones look similar to the SPC ones but I don't know if they are the same.
The Eibach are the same as the standard SPC.

The UUC arms are chromoly steel (not aluminum) which we use for strength, having seen numerous aluminum arms from many brands fail in hard use and/or track use.

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

ALL CURRENT UUC SPECIALS:
-[ CLICK HERE ]
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #14
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

Thanks Rob for your input, so as for the degree of adjustment are they also different besides quality wise? I'm not really concern about the quality too much, anything seems like it would be better then using our original camber kit. I thought my camber kit was a cover this whole time, it's like a piece of paper!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #15
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
I run Cosmo plates on my e30 track car. They work as well as the 400 GC plates on my buddies car, have as many miles on them, and no issues. slightly less adjustability but that may have to do with me having a different wheel/tire setup. $130 and they do the job.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #16
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
UUC Motorwerks, *******

My Ride: 7s, M5s, M3s, others
Quote:
Thanks Rob for your input, so as for the degree of adjustment are they also different besides quality wise? I'm not really concern about the quality too much, anything seems like it would be better then using our original camber kit.
Same range of adjustment.

Quote:
I thought my camber kit was a cover this whole time, it's like a piece of paper!
That's why they are nicknamed "salad tongs". Flimsy, a real surprise to find them under a BMW.

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

ALL CURRENT UUC SPECIALS:
-[ CLICK HERE ]
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #17
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Just in case you didn't know what the issue is that would precipitate this question...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...1&postcount=16
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #18
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Just in case you didn't know what the issue is that would precipitate this question...

lol op is freakin nuts. that first picture is ridiculous lol a 1/3rd of the wheel/tire is out of the wheel well haha.. freakin baller tho
Old 11-16-2011, 12:20 AM   #19
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post

Now that I've seen this, I'm very glad i didn't post anything in this thread until right now.

.....This thread's a Joke.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:35 AM   #20
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

For future reference, DNA's camber kit did the job.