E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #61
sedanpowersc

My Ride: 330i 5 speed
Do the headers from bimmerbrakes need any modification to fit? I swear I remember reading somewhere you have to weld it to your exhaust
sedanpowersc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #62
E46_330i_Stud

My Ride: 2004 330ci ZHP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanpowersc View Post
Do the headers from bimmerbrakes need any modification to fit? I swear I remember reading somewhere you have to weld it to your exhaust
Lol no, they are 100% perfect factory fit.

1995 325i 5mt ArcticGrey/Dove - SOLD
2004 330ci ZHP 6MT SilberGrau/Black - SOLD
2001 330i M-Sport 5MT StaulGrau/Grey - SOLD
1992 Accord LX Sedan 275k miles all original - DAILY
2002 Chevy Suburban LT Autoride - TOY HAULER
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT - RACE TRUCK!
E46_330i_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #63
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
You are 100% wrong. They are the same quality as ebay headers. However the fitment is perfect and you always get the correct headers. The installation time for the BimmerBrakes headers was a bit shorter due to it fitting so nicely. Do not use the supplied gaskets, they will fail within 1k miles. Get OEM gaskets and you will be GTG. (also get all new studs) GL sry for OT OP edit: bastid stud you beat me by 3 secs!
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #64
E46_330i_Stud

My Ride: 2004 330ci ZHP 6MT
^the quality isn't the same as eBay headers either. The welds are MUCH better and so is everything else, well except for the gaskets as you mentioned.

1995 325i 5mt ArcticGrey/Dove - SOLD
2004 330ci ZHP 6MT SilberGrau/Black - SOLD
2001 330i M-Sport 5MT StaulGrau/Grey - SOLD
1992 Accord LX Sedan 275k miles all original - DAILY
2002 Chevy Suburban LT Autoride - TOY HAULER
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT - RACE TRUCK!
E46_330i_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #65
sedanpowersc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
You are 100% wrong. They are the same quality as ebay headers. However the fitment is perfect and you always get the correct headers. The installation time for the BimmerBrakes headers was a bit shorter due to it fitting so nicely. Do not use the supplied gaskets, they will fail within 1k miles. Get OEM gaskets and you will be GTG. (also get all new studs) GL sry for OT OP edit: bastid stud you beat me by 3 secs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46_330i_Stud View Post
^the quality isn't the same as eBay headers either. The welds are MUCH better and so is everything else, well except for the gaskets as you mentioned.
Thanks for the clarification guys! I think I might pull the trigger on them sometime soon, what about the O2's?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #66
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification guys! I think I might pull the trigger on them sometime soon, what about the O2's?
what about it? you will need them but you will get a code regardless unless AA deprograms it
Old 11-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #67
xdmikey

My Ride: e46 cabrio
steven, i don't think aa deprograms it. i think they just knock it off your dash.
if you live in a sniffer zone get w/brady about the lcat thing. i have six months before i have to worry about it, so i'm not.

Anthony said he quit offering the coated feature on the headers 'cause it got to be too much. i imagine having to deal w/all the vendors(header & coating)and all of us(and our drama: "are they going to fit? are you sure they're going to fit?")got to be too much.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #68
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmikey View Post
steven, i don't think aa deprograms it. i think they just knock it off your dash.
if you live in a sniffer zone get w/brady about the lcat thing. i have six months before i have to worry about it, so i'm not.

Anthony said he quit offering the coated feature on the headers 'cause it got to be too much. i imagine having to deal w/all the vendors(header & coating)and all of us(and our drama: "are they going to fit? are you sure they're going to fit?")got to be too much.
AA basically disables the sensors so that they show up as not ready and don't appear on the dash..
Old 11-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #69
sedanpowersc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmikey View Post

I live in SC, no emissions tests at all so I'm good on that, I just don't want a CEL light on unless something is actually wrong you know?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #70
Steven747

Quote:
I live in SC, no emissions tests at all so I'm good on that, I just don't want a CEL light on unless something is actually wrong you know?
And that's what the aa flash is for
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #71
bryce-o

My Ride: 330Ci ZHP 3 pedal
good info^
bryce-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #72
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
And that's what the aa flash is for
You forgot to add less hp/tq all the way through the power band. More money for less.. You can buy a 60 dollar scan tool, take 2 secs everyday, even at a stop light to scan your car. No light, No power, No way
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #73
lejeunebimmer

My Ride: 02' M3 SMG, 02' 330i
Quote:
You forgot to add less hp/tq all the way through the power band. More money for less.. You can buy a 60 dollar scan tool, take 2 secs everyday, even at a stop light to scan your car. No light, No power, No way
Alright some of this is just getting out of hand. While the aa tune could have been better I have proved with dynos that it did gain hp and tq throughout the band and at peak. It did lose some for aggie, but I get the feeling that his was a very sprecial case. Either way I like the product have dynographs to prove it made power, and would be again at that price point. I just wouldn't deal with jean which is mute point since he no longer works there.

As for the code clear its good for about 50 to 70 miles and for some people who drive/drove 50+ miles to work it wasn't worth my time to clear it out every day.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Bimmer
330i - AA Tuned, Headers, UUC Stage I LW FW, e36 M3 Clutch, UUC SS Clutch line, BMW Performance Intake, Evo Sport Pulleys, BMW Performance Cross-Drilled Rotors, Hawk HPS, BW SS Brake Lines, BW Solid Guide Bushings, BMW Performance CF Strut Brace, H&R Sways, H&R Sport Springs, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Powerflex Bushings, LED Tails, Clear Sides/Turns, Black Grill, Mtech 2, CF Splitters

M3 - Not enough room to list
lejeunebimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #74
sedanpowersc

does any1 have any experience with the STETT performance headers? apparently they're already ceramic coated

http://www.shop.stettperformance.com...7&categoryId=4
Old 11-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #75
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
I live close to Stett. They're a good fit.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #76
Steven747

Quote:
you must not now anything about how they work then. you can get the tune or you can get the o2 disable flash. yes it dosent make sense to just get the 02 deprogrammed without getting the tune with it but just get the 02 disabled then get a oe tunning tune
Old 11-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #77
sedanpowersc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
I live close to Stett. They're a good fit.
How's the quality compared to Anthony's?
Old 11-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #78
aggieE46
Keep it clean

If I didn't have the Techniks, I'd put either one on my car.

Quote:
How's the quality compared to Anthony's?
Old 11-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #79
sedanpowersc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
If I didn't have the Techniks, I'd put either one on my car.
I guess im just wondering if the stett are really worth $145 extra just
for "a double layer of ceramic coating"
Old 11-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #80
aggieE46
Keep it clean

If it were me, I'd buy the BimmerBrakes and then spend the extra to have them Swain coated. It's $200ish plus shipping. I've had ceramic coated headers before. It easily scratched. The Swain stuff is as tough as nails.