E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 02:41 AM   #101
jeff_smg

My Ride: //HPF M3 E46 Vert'
Send a message via MSN to jeff_smg
Any news ??

How many PSI now ?

jeff_smg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #102
Bugermass

My Ride: ZX10R
The bossman and I are in orlando at PRI, our tech guy said he got the clutch in and the cars ready to go, so when we get back I'll be ready to get er done ..
Bugermass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #103
sir2egk

My Ride: a Car
Send a message via AIM to sir2egk
im a tech here at the shop.

here are some pics of the car, really nothing to see. sleeper i guess.

ill record short clip if anyone is interested but by the stock look of the car, i dont think anyone would care,

sir2egk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #104
topendusa

My Ride: 03 BMW M3 SMG
Good stuff!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #105
zcchen

My Ride: Z3M/E90M3
what tires?
zcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #106
sir2egk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcchen View Post
what tires?
275-35-18 BFG T/A Drag Radials.....
Old 12-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #107
yellowssm

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir2egk View Post
275-35-18 BFG T/A Drag Radials.....
you should go mickey thompsons, theyre better by far
Old 12-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #108
sir2egk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm View Post
you should go mickey thompsons, theyre better by far
car was built in 4 days and thats all we could get at the time.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #109
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
I was running those same BFG's when we ran the 11.38 @ 134.9.. but they were pretty old and dry.. (Jason's old tires).

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #110
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
I was running those same BFG's when we ran the 11.38 @ 134.9.. but they were pretty old and dry.. (Jason's old tires).
No kidding? Thats amazing since they arent supposed to be very good even when new. Do you have MT's now? Your time with really nice sticky tires should be MUCH better than 11.38. Go out there and run, bro, run!
Your car has 10's in it, I just know. If it ever comes down to power, do consider to try increasing fuel flow and pressure.
Do you ever try running with out an air filter just on the track?
You are so close. I can feel it. Dont the MT's have a 45 ratio sidewall?

Last edited by Bdave; 12-04-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #111
Bugermass

Should have some more results this weekend.. Set aside sat,sun,mon just to do RnD on the car. I'll keep this thread updated.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #112
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugermass View Post
Should have some more results this weekend.. Set aside sat,sun,mon just to do RnD on the car. I'll keep this thread updated.
Good, we like it when you guys loose sleep just to provide the community with pertinent data!

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #113
dragosid

My Ride: HPF 2.5 M3
Quote:
Yes, once we get it back together we'll take some vids on the dyno and at the track. ...

I did and have been playing with a number of different ideas and things to get the most out of the whole setup. We're in the process of fine tuning a flash for the DME that will "improve the experience" I can't give out details until its done. But it should be done a week or two after we get the new clutch in.. I had no EML light and the vanos was controlled by the stock ECU
Hey Chris,

any more updates since, any new dyno runs, etc etc

This is an exciting project and I guess we're very curious on the developments around the stock block.
SP managed to run the stock block on supra at 30PSI and 731 whp, 687wtq
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...=1#post8513317

wonder what the S54 can take...
Btw, your 6766 is not the new CEA is it?

Pulled the trigger! Built engine + 6766 Dual BB + Open Dump + 15/23 PSI - Holy F#@$ this build is insane!

HPF Stage 2.5 - 739rwhp & 581ft-lbs SAE
best 1/4 mile (ST2) 11.77'@123mph 1.9' R/T on Toyo R888 295/30/19
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S - stock
dragosid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #114
Bugermass

Updates: So the pistons aren't the weakest part. lol.. After about 20-30 hard passes and beatings at 720HP (20PSI with a soft tune), the motor decided to hand us 3 rods saturday night on a 5th gear roll on, on the freeway. So with that being said, the motor is NOT reliable at 700+ HP .. We have another motor on the engine stand that will be built soon. Part of a rod got ingested into the turbo so the turbo is trashed. Bossman said when the new motor goes in we'll put the 8285 on it and see what she'll do.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #115
M3PTGSC

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Updates: So the pistons aren't the weakest part. lol.. After about 20-30 hard passes and beatings at 720HP (20PSI with a soft tune), the motor decided to hand us 3 rods saturday night on a 5th gear roll on, on the freeway. So with that being said, the motor is NOT reliable at 700+ HP .. We have another motor on the engine stand that will be built soon. Part of a rod got ingested into the turbo so the turbo is trashed. Bossman said when the new motor goes in we'll put the 8285 on it and see what she'll do.
Cant wait for new bigger turbo

You were making 720hp on the engine right? Not on the wheels?

HPF is making similar numbers on stage 1 and 2 cars on race fuel/meth and they hold together for a while....not sure on how many PSI tho. Are their tunes 'safer' or is it the difference in PSI or is it race fuel "safer" than E85 or something else?

Im not trying to start any sh!t so please no bashing one tuner/ecu or another i just want to learn some more about it

09 SL63 AMG Designo,pano and whole nine yards lol
07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
03-M3-6766 DBB..Tubular manifold...
97-M3-
95-M3 SC stage 2-Widebody...
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
M3PTGSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #116
323tom

My Ride: Turbo 323 ;)
pretty sure he was running at 720 rwhp!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PTGSC View Post

HPF is making similar numbers on stage 1 and 2 cars on race fuel/meth and they hold together for a while....not sure on how many PSI tho. Are their tunes 'safer' or is it the difference in PSI or is it race fuel "safer" than E85 or something else?

Im not trying to start any sh!t so please no bashing one tuner/ecu or another i just want to learn some more about it
Old 12-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #117
Jason@proefi
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:

The indicator here is that three rods broke...the tune won't do that. A 5th gear pull is about as much strain as your going to place on that engine. Who knows how the engines have been treated, but in the end...same components. Your living on borrowed time at those power levels.
Jason@proefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #118
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
My Ride: Is very FAST
Quote:

How do the torque numbers compare?? Torque would have a larger impact on the rods over RWHP. E85 makes more torque than pump+meth therefore even though E85 is safer for the engine and you make more HP and TQ, if the rods cannot handle the TQ then well.... you know!
Sound Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #119
Jason@proefi
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance View Post
How do the torque numbers compare?? Torque would have a larger impact on the rods over RWHP. E85 makes more torque than pump+meth therefore even though E85 is safer for the engine and you make more HP and TQ, if the rods cannot handle the TQ then well.... you know!
This is all the same thing we see on all of the platforms...350z, Supra...doesn't matter. When you make the power sooner (I.E. more torque)...you break it sooner. When we tested the 350z's stock engine I folded 6 rods simultaniously on the dyno at 560 whp. We had a lazier turbo on that car. I also broke rods at 430whp with a quicker spooling turbo. I don't remember the exact torque numbers, but the smaller turbo was making about 50 to 60' lbs more torque.
Jason@proefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #120
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Not surprised that the rods gave up. They are the limiting factor in the E36 motors as well. I bent all 6 rods(in every direction, lol) in my E36 when it was the stock engine. Thankfully it didn't come apart.
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote