E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 04:01 AM   #1
Oz 330

My Ride: 2004 DYII M3 Vert
M3 or Mazza

Ok,

so, I am close to getting an M again, but I was considering a F360 for a while but decided I dont want to lay that capital on it yet, will prb get a 430 when they drop a bit more.

In the meantime I did notice that Mazza's have dropped a chunk and from most investigations I have done, they seem far more reliable than the equivalant 360 or 355 ( not as nice as well, but alot less $$).

My question, Am I crazy to want one ? They will cost the same or slightly more than the M, will have done less kms, but will obviously cost alot more ot keep on the road. Given I already have the X5 and another car for the Mrs, I could almost use the Mazza as a nearly daily (cant imagine not wanting to drive it ..) so could prob limit the ks to 15000 per annum ...

Anyone know anything about them ... ?

ON another note, all you Melb boys (n girls?) that have seem Domino's M, what where your thoughts ? would love a bit of background ...
Oz 330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:06 AM   #2
brendan_select

My Ride: E46 330
I'd say walk away... You cant comprehend $2k for a steering wheel - but you are talking Ferrari and Masserati - you are even more stupid than I first thought. Hysterical...

Do you mean Mazza as in Maserati or Mazza as in Mazda?

Go on buy one - you'll love the service bills ESPECIALLY ON A USED ONE... Try hard!
brendan_select is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:10 AM   #3
Oz 330

your an idiot mate, I didnt say i couldnt comprehend $2k on a steering wheel, I spent that on one in 2003. I said yours isnt worth $2k.

As for the rest of your comments, you dont know me and most people here only know me as a username, so basically you are basing your comments on me wanting to look big in front of other people on a forum, how old are you ? 18 ?

If you are saying the service costs are high, elaborate if you actually have any info on it. If like most you are purely basing your comment on urban legend, stop wasting my time.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Maserati??

Sams E46 was one of the nicest/cleanest ive ever seen!! (not sure if his still got it)

Dont touch a Maserati..
the granturismo is the ONLY one id consider..
but even then, I'd probs just but an E92M3 tbh

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?

Last edited by YGOAMG; 11-15-2011 at 04:11 AM.
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:10 AM   #5
BMW//Blonde

My Ride: 330ci
I noticed some decent Masers on carsales the other day too and that they'd dropped down to a pretty affordable price for such a car but you've got to ask yourself if you have a decent amount left over for its upkeep. I know a guy who paid 30k just to service his F430.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAIL View Post
the real question is "do you drive an f-car?"

on that note i drove a 355 f1 gts the other day......i did chap laps all day trying to find a red vert.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4NOOK View Post
No dice, i thought she dosen't roll with silver arrows, only maranello up in this vag!
BMW//Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:13 AM   #6
YGOAMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW//Blonde View Post
I noticed some decent Masers on carsales the other day too and that they'd dropped down to a pretty affordable price for such a car but you've got to ask yourself if you have a decent amount left over for its upkeep. I know a guy who paid 30k just to service his F430.
was he a good root?

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
who da F done that?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:14 AM   #7
Oz 330

Thanks Mate,

Sam still has his, been in touch a couple of times ...

DO you know anyone who has had one ? its and exotic so i would expect some expenses, but the guys on AE seem to be saying its not exorbitant, im thinking a later model 4200 Spyder.

things i have heard to watch out for are throttle body, good service history, some weird front end chassis problem, and cambi corsa tune issues ...

Drove an e93, just not doing it for me for the extra $$ ...

Last edited by Oz 330; 11-15-2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:20 AM   #8
YGOAMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz 330 View Post
Thanks Mate,

Sam still has his, been in touch a couple of times ...

DO you know anyone who has had one ? its and exotic so i would expect some expenses, but the guys on AE seem to be saying its not exorbitant, im thinking a later model grancabrio.

things i have heard to watch out for are throttle body, good service history, some weird front end chassis problem, and cambi corsa tune issues ...

Drove an e93, just not doing it for me for the extra $$ ...
DOnt know anyone whos had the granturismo .. but a mates dad had the Quottroporte (if thats how its written) .. Got rd of it for a C63.. Cant really remember what his thoughts on it were, but never remember him being overly happy with it, was just ok.

If i wanted to spend that sort of cash, it would be R35 all the way!!

Ill take the time now to say I drove a 458 a couple of days ago..

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
who da F done that?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:20 AM   #9
brendan_select

Quote:
your an idiot mate, I didnt say i couldnt comprehend $2k on a steering wheel, I spent that on one in 2003. I said yours isnt worth $2k.

As for the rest of your comments, you dont know me and most people here only know me as a username, so basically you are basing your comments on me wanting to look big in front of other people on a forum, how old are you ? 18 ?

If you are saying the service costs are high, elaborate if you actually have any info on it. If like most you are purely basing your comment on urban legend, stop wasting my time.
Oh - I thought it was $1K you ALMOST spent??? Please explain... As for my credentials, I work with guys who swap 911 GT3RS with Nissan GTR's, back to 911 Turbos in the space of a couple of months.

I can assure you Porches service costs are far and away below that of Ferrari's even Nissans are absolutely ridiculous on the GTR. Porsche first service at 30,000ks. Drive at redline all day.... IF YOU ARE CONCERNED BY A STEERING WHEEL VALUE - IT'S NOT FOR YOU..... HELL A MASA HEADLAMP IS VALUED AT NEAR 3K - WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT??

PORSCHE 997 HEADLAMP from AUS DEALER $800 (cheaper than a BMW E46!)

I could not give a **** about how YOU want to look in front of anyone. What pisses me off is that you have posted a negative attitude about an item I am trying to sell as an regular enthusiast - not called for. Tired of that ****. Save your un-called for negative opinions. That is what makes this forum on the decline - I can count thousands of people who share the same opinion. You are what is called a "keyboard warrior"
Old 11-15-2011, 04:21 AM   #10
bobz

My Ride: 0 BMW's
Early Maseratis as in the 3200 or the coupe etc make Fiat look like a reliable car. there is a reason why they are so cheap as once out of warranty only masochists or lovers of italian exotics will buy one.... (yes I though of buying 1 but friends slapped it out of me)...

If you want to use it as a weekend car then maybe but its not a daily driver by any stretch of the imagination. At least not for me. And not when the car is over 5 years old.

For the same money I would look at a 996 Update, not many 4S around but it is not a bad buy for the money and although they are not bullet proof like the 993 or the 997 its better then Italian alternatives.

Domino's M is very well kept and looked after, and it is the cleanest car you will ever see, with the shiniest paint

BobZ
Old 11-15-2011, 04:23 AM   #11
bobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan_select View Post
I'd say walk away... You cant comprehend $2k for a steering wheel - but you are talking Ferrari and Masserati - you are even more stupid than I first thought. Hysterical...

Do you mean Mazza as in Maserati or Mazza as in Mazda?

Go on buy one - you'll love the service bills ESPECIALLY ON A USED ONE... Try hard!
Brendan, although I like your passion about the subject I do object to your choice of words.. There is no need for name calling as it just shows your immaturity on the matter.

Anyone can buy what they want it is their choice, you can offer advice in a constructive manner or take option 2 and just don't say anything...

BobZ
Old 11-15-2011, 04:24 AM   #12
Oz 330

Quote:
Oh - I thought it was $1K you ALMOST spent???
It was a whel for my e36 M3 in 2003, not the carbon one i linked to.

If you thing your a big deal because you work with ppl who do big important stuff. Get over yourself mate.

1 of my Business partners net worth is north of $500m, but it has jack **** to do with me. Same goes for you buddy.

As for the cost of parts, I would have already owned more cars than you will likely ever own. so again, get over yourself.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:27 AM   #13
Oz 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobz View Post
Early Maseratis as in the 3200 or the coupe etc make Fiat look like a reliable car. there is a reason why they are so cheap as once out of warranty only masochists or lovers of italian exotics will buy one.... (yes I though of buying 1 but friends slapped it out of me)...

If you want to use it as a weekend car then maybe but its not a daily driver by any stretch of the imagination. At least not for me. And not when the car is over 5 years old.

For the same money I would look at a 996 Update, not many 4S around but it is not a bad buy for the money and although they are not bullet proof like the 993 or the 997 its better then Italian alternatives.

Domino's M is very well kept and looked after, and it is the cleanest car you will ever see, with the shiniest paint

BobZ
Bobz,

Was there anything in particular about the reliability they mentioned ? i would be looking 04 -06 range i think... I know the early 3200's had issues, though with the ferrari ownership that all changed (and as i write that it makes no sense ! )...?

I have though again and again about the 911 , there is some personal history that is blocking me from buying one ...

Sammy's car is looking better and better ...
Old 11-15-2011, 04:33 AM   #14
YGOAMG

^^ Why would you want another E46 vert though man... tht would be the 3rd

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
who da F done that?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:34 AM   #15
bobz

Quote:
Oh - I thought it was $1K you ALMOST spent??? Please explain... As for my credentials, I work with guys who swap 911 GT3RS with Nissan GTR's, back to 911 Turbos in the space of a couple of months.

I can assure you Porches service costs are far and away below that of Ferrari's even Nissans are absolutely ridiculous on the GTR. Porsche first service at 30,000ks. Drive at redline all day.... IF YOU ARE CONCERNED BY A STEERING WHEEL VALUE - IT'S NOT FOR YOU..... HELL A MASA HEADLAMP IS VALUED AT NEAR 3K - WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT??

PORSCHE 997 HEADLAMP from AUS DEALER $800 (cheaper than a BMW E46!)

I could not give a **** about how YOU want to look in front of anyone. What pisses me off is that you have posted a negative attitude about an item I am trying to sell as an regular enthusiast - not called for. Tired of that ****. Save your un-called for negative opinions. That is what makes this forum on the decline - I can count thousands of people who share the same opinion. You are what is called a "keyboard warrior"

Brendan, you have some very strong opinions and you quote people you work with do this or do that, how about you say those things once you are in a position to do it yourself...

I am sorry but you are the one who started the negative comments.

And I do not condone OZ 330 calling you names either. So just chill out and move on....

BobZ
Old 11-15-2011, 04:34 AM   #16
brendan_select

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobz View Post
Brendan, although I like your passion about the subject I do object to your choice of words.. There is no need for name calling as it just shows your immaturity on the matter.

Anyone can buy what they want it is their choice, you can offer advice in a constructive manner or take option 2 and just don't say anything...

BobZ
You are right - in future I will ignore negative, unwarrented comments. Clearly they just get under my skin and piss me off. So in future I will ignore.

It is a bit annoying though when you are trying to promote something that actually cost what is cost and you get a bunch of crew bagging your item for whatever reason, NOT REALLY necessary or in the spirt of this forum.

I do feel like I should interject and rebut - but clearly it's not worth it.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:37 AM   #17
Oz 330

Peter, I dunno man , I love the car ! i been looking at everything and I cant help it, keep coming back to it !

I have a mate with an old Val he has had for 20 yrs, i reckon i will be like that in 20, still rockin an e46 :/

Bobz, you have a very wise head on your shoulders with much useful information !

your far too sensible for my liking though
Old 11-15-2011, 04:38 AM   #18
bobz

OZ 330 the car is just not well put together the newer the model the better it is, the parts are shared with the Ferrari so spare parts cost are very high.

Mostly electric issues and niggling issues with oil leaks and coolant leaks they also seem to run hot if not looked after very well, idle issues and some peripherial component failures including climate control, also if you do get the F1 gearbox it has a very limited clutch life....

BobZ
Old 11-15-2011, 04:39 AM   #19
Oz 330

Quote:
You are right - in future I will ignore negative, unwarrented comments. Clearly they just get under my skin and piss me off. So in future I will ignore.

It is a bit annoying though when you are trying to promote something that actually cost what is cost and you get a bunch of crew bagging your item for whatever reason, NOT REALLY necessary or in the spirt of this forum.

I do feel like I should interject and rebut - but clearly it's not worth it.
My Final comment on this matter,

you have list an item for sale, no one commented what its worth, only what others can buy a similar item for and what they feel its worth. this is a forum, that is what happens. If you dont like it, dont list it here.

If you attack members here, be prepared to be attacked yourself.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:40 AM   #20
YGOAMG

Quote:
Peter, I dunno man , I love the car ! i been looking at everything and I cant help it, keep coming back to it !

I have a mate with an old Val he has had for 20 yrs, i reckon i will be like that in 20, still rockin an e46 :/

Bobz, you have a very wise head on your shoulders with much useful information !

your far too sensible for my liking though
Fair enough, if you want an E46M3 vert, then Sams would be a very smart move!

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
who da F done that?