E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 04:40 AM   #21
bobz

My Ride: 0 BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan_select View Post
You are right - in future I will ignore negative, unwarrented comments. Clearly they just get under my skin and piss me off. So in future I will ignore.

It is a bit annoying though when you are trying to promote something that actually cost what is cost and you get a bunch of crew bagging your item for whatever reason, NOT REALLY necessary or in the spirt of this forum.

I do feel like I should interject and rebut - but clearly it's not worth it.
But at the end of the day if you then trawl other posts by the people that got under your skin and resort to name calling, it dosent really stand you in the right light does it?

BobZ
Old 11-15-2011, 04:40 AM   #22
Oz 330

My Ride: 2004 DYII M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobz View Post
OZ 330 the car is just not well put together the newer the model the better it is, the parts are shared with the Ferrari so spare parts cost are very high.

Mostly electric issues and niggling issues with oil leaks and coolant leaks they also seem to run hot if not looked after very well, idle issues and some peripherial component failures including climate control, also if you do get the F1 gearbox it has a very limited clutch life....

BobZ
yeh , I heard the clutch is maxxed out at 30k kms.

Thanks for the info, not what i wanted to hear, but what i though i would hear, hopefully the head wins this one ...
Oz 330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:42 AM   #23
Oz 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post
Fair enough, if you want an E46M3 vert, then Sams would be a very smart move!
Shhh, dont say it too loud, i got to work out how to get the price down, and everyone saying how great it is doesnt help !
Old 11-15-2011, 04:42 AM   #24
BMW//Blonde

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
was he a good root?
why do you want his number Peter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAIL View Post
the real question is "do you drive an f-car?"

on that note i drove a 355 f1 gts the other day......i did chap laps all day trying to find a red vert.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4NOOK View Post
No dice, i thought she dosen't roll with silver arrows, only maranello up in this vag!
BMW//Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:42 AM   #25
Oz 330

get a room you 2 ...
Old 11-15-2011, 04:52 AM   #26
brendan_select

My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
But at the end of the day if you then trawl other posts by the people that got under your skin and resort to name calling, it dosent really stand you in the right light does it?

BobZ
C'mon mate I didn't "TRAWL" anything - his post was immedialty above and after our little "spat" and I simply couldnt resist. I mean come on he's giving me **** about an expensive steering wheel, but then he's looking to buy a bloody Maserati. Please...
brendan_select is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:53 AM   #27
bobz

Quote:
was he a good root?
Long time ago a friend of mine brought a F355 after owning an E36 M3 when it was a current model.

He took it do Dixons in Doncaster and he got the call the next day, $10K for the service, hes first words were "what was wrong with the car" the answer "nothing sir"

F430 F1 major service is engine gearbox and transaxle out of the car including changing the clutch etc it comes out at close to 15K in labour costs to disasemble the back of the car and then put it back together not including parts and liquids costs...

I have said this a few times I can afford to buy a Ferrari but not own it...

BobZ
Old 11-15-2011, 04:56 AM   #28
brendan_select

from Oz 330
"how bout this mate, when you dont sell it cos your over priced, you can eat your BS
Your not gonna get very far around here with your attitude buddy ...
Also, if you plan on coming on here and onselling products, then you are running a business and so should be sponsoring the site, or keeping your ads for ebay or somewhere else that is for running a business.
This is a forum, and as your obviously a d*ck, hopefully you go bankrupt"

To BOBZ from Brendan... Yes I have "strong" feelings....

above is OZ330's message - and you are defending him. I would not wish Bankruptcy on my worst enemy... His message was in reply to a comment I sent to ANOTHER user not him. So I'd say not called for...

It is this BS that keeps real experts and enthusiasts away from this forum unfortunately (talking about all the expert mechanics, race guys and others I know - they wont bother, because of all the BS on here).
Old 11-15-2011, 04:58 AM   #29
Oz 330

Quote:
Long time ago a friend of mine brought a F355 after owning an E36 M3 when it was a current model.

He took it do Dixons in Doncaster and he got the call the next day, $10K for the service, hes first words were "what was wrong with the car" the answer "nothing sir"

F430 F1 major service is engine gearbox and transaxle out of the car including changing the clutch etc it comes out at close to 15K in labour costs to disasemble the back of the car and then put it back together not including parts and liquids costs...

BobZ
Haha , I am sure you can afford to own it as well Bobz,

But lets be honest, we have much better things to be spending the money on ..

Its all about balancing the costs of ownership against the enjoyment one gets.

If i can spend $8k on the mazza per annum whilst doing 15k kms , I reckon for the car i am getting, it would be worth it.

My wife, well she might not agree ...

So then its back to factoring in enjoyment ...
Old 11-15-2011, 05:00 AM   #30
brendan_select

Quote:

BobZ
"I have said this a few times I can afford to buy a Ferrari but not own it..."
They are great words. Very true I imagine. I dont like the look of Porsche but it does seem that have the best resale of any other car maker and are decent to maintain.

I've always fancied Aston Martin's - any insight on the reliability / service costs on Astons?

My real love is McLaren - but clearly that is just dreaming....
Old 11-15-2011, 05:00 AM   #31
Oz 330

Quote:
from Oz 330
"how bout this mate, when you dont sell it cos your over priced, you can eat your BS
Your not gonna get very far around here with your attitude buddy ...
Also, if you plan on coming on here and onselling products, then you are running a business and so should be sponsoring the site, or keeping your ads for ebay or somewhere else that is for running a business.
This is a forum, and as your obviously a d*ck, hopefully you go bankrupt"

To BOBZ from Brendan... Yes I have "strong" feelings....

above is OZ330's message - and you are defending him. I would not wish Bankruptcy on my worst enemy... His message was in reply to a comment I sent to ANOTHER user not him. So I'd say not called for...

It is this BS that keeps real experts and enthusiasts away from this forum unfortunately (talking about all the expert mechanics, race guys and others I know - they wont bother, because of all the BS on here).
Keep going on about it mate, your just proving the point.

As for my post, maybe it was over the top, but you said you would sell your whell and rub the BS in the kids face.

So you got some of your own back and didnt like it ?

Bad luck, and if you want to sod off, I am sure no one here will care.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:02 AM   #32
bobz

Brendan, I am not defending anyone...

All I am trying to say is please do not call other people names, even if they do... It shows the character of the person much better then name calling, so to the both of the antagonists please move on and thats it...,

BobZ
Old 11-15-2011, 05:05 AM   #33
bobz

Quote:
"I have said this a few times I can afford to buy a Ferrari but not own it..."
They are great words. Very true I imagine. I dont like the look of Porsche but it does seem that have the best resale of any other car maker and are decent to maintain.

I've always fancied Aston Martin's - any insight on the reliability / service costs on Astons?

My real love is McLaren - but clearly that is just dreaming....

The new ones or the old ones, the old ones are in Lambo territory the new ones are porsche or Jag territory especially the V8.... And apparently the work every day unlike the V12 models

Yes 100K for a service on an F1 is seriously out of my league

BobZ
Old 11-15-2011, 05:07 AM   #34
bobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz 330 View Post
Haha , I am sure you can afford to own it as well Bobz,

But lets be honest, we have much better things to be spending the money on ..

Its all about balancing the costs of ownership against the enjoyment one gets.

If i can spend $8k on the mazza per annum whilst doing 15k kms , I reckon for the car i am getting, it would be worth it.

My wife, well she might not agree ...

So then its back to factoring in enjoyment ...
I am not sure, I was doing 25K per annum in the M3 and I was splashing out around 6K per annum....

BobZ
Old 11-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #35
brendan_select

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz 330 View Post
Keep going on about it mate, your just proving the point.

As for my post, maybe it was over the top, but you said you would sell your whell and rub the BS in the kids face.

So you got some of your own back and didnt like it ?

Bad luck, and if you want to sod off, I am sure no one here will care.
Halleluiah.

As for my post, maybe it was over the top, but you said you would sell your whell and rub the BS in the kids face. Yes, I did - because tired of the crap, but I'll try and get over it. Maybe easier to just sell stuff on eBay.

Have a great night (6pm in Perth but 10 in Melbourne) and I've had a few glasses of red, no excuse... Shake hands.

I agree the GranTurismo (or any Massa for the matter) is gorgeous (I reckon V12 Vantage #1 and GranTurismo #2 for looks, but comes down to personal taste). I'd say go for it, great looks, great sound. Maybe find a mechanic that wont charge dealer prices....
Old 11-15-2011, 05:13 AM   #36
brendan_select

Quote:
I am not sure, I was doing 25K per annum in the M3 and I was splashing out around 6K per annum....

BobZ
Wow - $6,000 in regular service for every 25,000k's?

I take it you weren't letting the dealer "pull the wool" either?

This sort of justifies my logic for sticking with the 330 over the M3.

What type of items were you being hit for? Brakes? Fluids? what else?
Old 11-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #37
bobz

All up cost per annum were 6K including tyres etc etc..

I do use a BMW dealer to do all my work and I am very happy to recommend them to anyone Doncaster BMW. I have never had any issues and I was more then happy for the rates I was paying but at the same time I had more then 1 M car that was being looked after by them...

But at the same time I was doing an oil change every 6 thousand KM etc...

BobZ
Old 11-15-2011, 05:25 AM   #38
brendan_select

Quote:

BobZ
Yeah - I guess... $6k whats that 3 steering wheels.
LOL
Old 11-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #39
brendan_select

Quote:
The new ones or the old ones, the old ones are in Lambo territory the new ones are porsche or Jag territory especially the V8.... And apparently the work every day unlike the V12 models

Yes 100K for a service on an F1 is seriously out of my league

BobZ
Talking the new "noughties" shape ones V8 Vantage, V12 Vantage.
I was thinking when I buy my next car to look at importing a V12 Vantage from the UK.

Good to hear the maintainence of a V8 is similar to Porsche but sad to hear you say V12 is not as reliable....
Old 11-15-2011, 05:31 AM   #40
bobz

Brendan, its a good line but you can't help yourself hahahahaha

BobZ