E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #201
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by A4RingedONE8T View Post
Nothing's been shelved, been busy with other cars...at the shop I do what the boss tells me
So what leg do I have to hump to get this build put back on the priority list?! Honestly your boss needs to focus on one project at a time before committing to others...don't just hop and skip around between other cars and projects.

Personally I would not do business with Lutz just based off the length of time it takes to get anything done...that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

From what you're telling me the problem is your boss is telling you to skip around the projects...well your boss can get bent.

Lets get this car done and done right!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #202
A4RingedONE8T

My Ride: Turbo ///M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
So what leg do I have to hump to get this build put back on the priority list?! Honestly your boss needs to focus on one project at a time before committing to others...don't just hop and skip around between other cars and projects.

Personally I would not do business with Lutz just based off the length of time it takes to get anything done...that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

From what you're telling me the problem is your boss is telling you to skip around the projects...well your boss can get bent.

Lets get this car done and done right!
So let's get this straight, the customer is aware of what's going on with his car, the current state of it, what parts are here, what's in shipping, what still needs to be done and seems to have no issues whatsoever but you'd like to complain for him? Well then, let me get right to your complaints, since you will never do business with us, I'll make what YOU want my first priority
Old 07-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #203
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
So let's get this straight, the customer is aware of what's going on with his car, the current state of it, what parts are here, what's in shipping, what still needs to be done and seems to have no issues whatsoever but you'd like to complain for him? Well then, let me get right to your complaints, since you will never do business with us, I'll make what YOU want my first priority
Are you speaking for the customer too? And your boss? And carry yourself in the manner that you have been on these forums for the past few months I think you and your boss need a talking too.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #204
A4RingedONE8T

Quote:
Are you speaking for the customer too? And your boss? And carry yourself in the manner that you have been on these forums for the past few months I think you and your boss need a talking too.
I speak for myself and I don't let any wannabe hardass speak to me like you are in life or on the forums. If you do not like the pace at which things are being done, simply put, I'm sorry ...
Old 07-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #205
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
I speak for myself and I don't let any wannabe hardass speak to me like you are in life or on the forums. If you do not like the pace at which things are being done, simply put, I'm sorry ...
So you're sorry...then you admit to your failure at getting the project done in a timely manner congrats! People do grow up after all...

I'm very justified in saying this project has taken a very long time...albeit none of it has to do with lutz correct?
Old 07-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #206
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
I don't see how this car can't be complete already. I've never seen a build take over a year.

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #207
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
So you're sorry...then you admit to your failure at getting the project done in a timely manner congrats! People do grow up after all...

I'm very justified in saying this project has taken a very long time...albeit none of it has to do with lutz correct?
You just won the internet.

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #208
A4RingedONE8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
I don't see how this car can't be complete already. I've never seen a build take over a year.
Started the 1st of December last year, we're quite a few months shy of a year
Old 07-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #209
MarcusLSB

My Ride: X5, CT200h, CLK63 BS
The customer is patient, but that doesn't mean the time frame has been acceptable. I know some parts have been 'in process', the car may have got there in may, but didn't officially start getting worked on until 8 months later, then it took a few month hiatus, etc.. Sean does what he's told, I have to believe the issue is with Lutz in general having lots of projects or changing their focus from working on customer cars to running a drift team, what not. Its not like the car is just sitting their and sean is sitting on his laurels. So Sean is likely taking flack for something thats not in his control.

Regardless, its been there quite some time, and the only reason that I'm sure the customer hasn't flew off the handle is simply because Sean does great work, and the car has seen alot of attention to detail and should have no issues once completed. That said it sounds like some coils, tuning and were in the home stretch?
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #210
M5chas

My Ride: e90 m3 + cornfed gtr
Kenton doesn't ****in mess around!! That is good stuff right there man.

Definitely excited to see this project roll along a little faster towards completion.
M5chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #211
AirFrcd

My Ride: Mfizzle, and GT-R
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5chas View Post
Kenton doesn't ****in mess around!! That is good stuff right there man.

Definitely excited to see this project roll along a little faster towards completion.
No $hit
Philippians 4:13

AirFrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #212
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
The customer is patient, but that doesn't mean the time frame has been acceptable. I know some parts have been 'in process', the car may have got there in may, but didn't officially start getting worked on until 8 months later, then it took a few month hiatus, etc.. Sean does what he's told, I have to believe the issue is with Lutz in general having lots of projects or changing their focus from working on customer cars to running a drift team, what not. Its not like the car is just sitting their and sean is sitting on his laurels. So Sean is likely taking flack for something thats not in his control.

Regardless, its been there quite some time, and the only reason that I'm sure the customer hasn't flew off the handle is simply because Sean does great work, and the car has seen alot of attention to detail and should have no issues once completed. That said it sounds like some coils, tuning and were in the home stretch?
trevor is a patient man but we all know nothing this modified leaves the shop without a few wrinkles to iron out once the owner gets some windshield time.
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #213
MarcusLSB

My Ride: X5, CT200h, CLK63 BS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
trevor is a patient man but we all know nothing this modified leaves the shop without a few wrinkles to iron out once the owner gets some windshield time.
Trevor will be flying to Tampa to drive the car for an entire weekend to work out and discover any immediate issues but trust me, you're preaching to the choir about having issues.. my car is certainly the king of that.
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #214
SPDu4ea

My Ride: .
Any progress in the last month?
SPDu4ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:14 AM   #215
basar13

My Ride: Z4M, R8, 525xd, STI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDu4ea View Post
Any progress in the last month?
All Z4M's with pro-efi are dead at the moment. I wish Jason had worked on one of them.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:47 AM   #216
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by basar13 View Post
All Z4M's with pro-efi are dead at the moment. I wish Jason had worked on one of them.
I don't think it's brand specific.

The problems that have been discussed are an interface issue which I believe would exist if you were using Vipec, Cosworth, Motec, or Bosch.
PEI330Ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #217
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Hey, Lutz guys! You haven't heard the news? Okada coils always have had issues of breaking up at high boost and high RPM. SO bad that you cant get a signal to run a torque curve.

With zero smoothing, the curves look like a crocodile mouth! Well, they used to.

HPF no longer recommends Okadas. The new improved method is OEM coils and some great Denso racing plugs that work ever so well with the stock BMW coils. Any reason why you guys are not on that same bus?

I think this IS a detail worth mentioning.

I am a bit puzzled. I googled the turbo you are using and get 62.5mm for a size. Isnt that really small? The smallest I have heard yet! Why would you mate those giant FIC 2150cc injectors with it? There can be only one explanation. The turbo
size must be much larger than 62.5 mm...right?

Are you guys going for a full 700rwhp on a stock motor?

Last edited by Bdave; 08-17-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #218
A4RingedONE8T

Hmmmm, this must be good, eh?

Old 09-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #219
323tom

My Ride: 2 turbo e46's
I love that screen, can't wait to see this car on the dyno/streets
Quote:
Hmmmm, this must be good, eh?

Old 09-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #220
A4RingedONE8T

Photo dump starting now!

Last few parts we were waiting for, and getting back to business!

Setrab oil cooler

FIC injectors

ARP L19's

Getting back to work