E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #21
A4RingedONE8T

My Ride: Turbo ///M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
I think that's the first equal-length twin scroll manifold tig'd cast stainless.... billetted from a solid block of awesome. that collector is art. That whole thing is art. Shawn, I cannot contain how impressed I am. It even looks relatively installable. The wastegate pipe angle looks like it might have a tiny bit of creep, but I'm sure that it has so much wastegate, and it's not like that angle is that bad anyway. Your work has only gotten more impressive.

I heart the high-sitting bottom-mount. Great drain characteristics. I wonder if that angle will create any oil drain/seal challenges on the exhaust side, doubt it though.

In for motormount. and wg tie-ins or dumps
I love this manifold, I've been starting at pics of it since I left the shop. I can't explain what I think about it, can't believe I made it honestly. I just got rolling with fab work not so long ago it seems. I put everything I have into each and every one of these setups. I build them as if they were my own, and if I had to look at them everyday, hopefully they fill the shoes of the owner and they love them as much as I do! I appreciate your comments, gotta get up your way again sometime soon! Take care, hope the car is running well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
WOW! Freaking beautiful, any way to make this work with our E46 M3s?
Send us the car, I can work my magic in those frame rails as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril-E46 View Post
Ugh, topmount in the freespace would have been so much cooler....
You don't have to argue with me about top mounts, it's a win win regardless. I've stared at this turbo and engine bay for over a month now while we were waiting for other pieces to arrive to get started. The back housing, 1.06, is gigantic on this thing, even though 35R. It's big in the wrong place. Fitting the hotside crams the compressor up against the rad support, and the headlight is right there with no room around it for pipes. I would have loved for it to be up top. This is the best compromise though honestly. It's still very visible, as well as the manifold. On a top mount setup like the one in my Z3M, the downpipe blocks the whole manifold, so it's a different look for sure. This is also my first bottom mount setup I've done EVER! Me =

Should have no oil drain issues as it is a very very high bottom mount, will fit a full 4' intake as well placing a filter in front of the shock tower, a/c compressor isn't even near, some custom a/c lines and the car will be bling under the hood, beastly in power and spool, and have all the likings of a stock car

Want some top mount love, check this out, just finished this up last week, I'll have a thread for it up very soon as well

Thank you everyone for your comments, I greatly appreciate each and every one!

-Shawn-
Old 12-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #22
Estoril-E46

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by A4RingedONE8T View Post

You don't have to argue with me about top mounts, it's a win win regardless. I've stared at this turbo and engine bay for over a month now while we were waiting for other pieces to arrive to get started. The back housing, 1.06, is gigantic on this thing, even though 35R. It's big in the wrong place. Fitting the hotside crams the compressor up against the rad support, and the headlight is right there with no room around it for pipes. I would have loved for it to be up top. T
Naw, I was talking about behind the strut actually, wanted to see one there, you could fit 2 turbos there, haha. The hardest part would be room to get the exhaust back down, but definitely doable.

www.Precision-Sport.com
Estoril-E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #23
A4RingedONE8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril-E46 View Post
Naw, I was talking about behind the strut actually, wanted to see one there, you could fit 2 turbos there, haha. The hardest part would be room to get the exhaust back down, but definitely doable.
Doable and wise two very different things. I crammed my 74mm on the top in my car, way less space. Was it the wisest choice, definitely not, was it doable, everyone told me it wasn't. I'd say it worked. I'd love to see a turbo back there, let's see it
Old 12-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #24
mtran850

My Ride: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAblown View Post
My, your banned from here till you buy another BMW...lol j/k

Nice work Shawn
Z4M Turbo w/ the new AEM Infinity 10

Last edited by mtran850; 12-01-2011 at 11:20 PM.
mtran850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #25
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra

Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #26
basar13

My Ride: Z4M, R8, 525xd, STI
Old 12-02-2011, 01:42 AM   #27
basar13

Looks like there is space for a bigger turbo ? Did you tried any ?
Old 12-02-2011, 04:07 AM   #28
Beedub

My Ride: bmw z4m vt2-525
yessss it about time the z4m got some tuner work!!! Z4m FTMFW!!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #29
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

My Ride: shaken, not stirred
Send a message via AIM to bluejeansonfire
Quote:

4" intake is go, Cap'n

Aside from the wider framerails (there's too much room there for it not to be wider).... it seems like the tilt sort of helps getting around the AC compressor and also downpipe. The flareout from 3" up can be done instantly without any interference or dealing with much bend... this gets more win by the moment.

big power. instaboost. This thing will probably spool kunder 3krpm. Clearly, you're cheating.

EDIT: just read exhaust plans..ok... you could go 4", this is ready and imo waiting for a shawn can.

PRI?

EDIT:

wut is going on with those strut towers!?

Last edited by bluejeansonfire; 12-02-2011 at 06:25 AM.
bluejeansonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #30
A4RingedONE8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
4" intake is go, Cap'n

Aside from the wider framerails (there's too much room there for it not to be wider).... it seems like the tilt sort of helps getting around the AC compressor and also downpipe. The flareout from 3" up can be done instantly without any interference or dealing with much bend... this gets more win by the moment.

big power. instaboost. This thing will probably spool kunder 3krpm. Clearly, you're cheating.

EDIT: just read exhaust plans..ok... you could go 4", this is ready and imo waiting for a shawn can.

PRI?

EDIT:
wut is going on with those strut towers!?
The angle of the turbo makes everything much everything pretty smooth. Only tight connection to the turbo is going to be the turbo outlet, but with a welded 90* on the compressor, there should be no problems!

I would love to put a 4" turbo back single sided exhaust on it, not what the customer wants though. I think I'm the only one odd enough to do that

I'll be at PRI today, and the strut towers on the M3 were flattened a little to fit the vents of the VIS carbon fiber hood, havent gotten a chance to add some filler and paint lol
Old 12-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #31
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Can't wait to see this thing all polished up!!!!

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #32
basar13

Nice manifold i hope Trevor lets them make one for me
Old 12-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #33
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Can't wait to see this thing all polished up!!!!
I can't wait to go for a rip in this thing!! Gonna have to invest in a hans device with Trevor at the wheel
Old 12-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #34
forcefedvw

My Ride: 03' Z4 '00 VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
Boostlogic style
more like how we do it on diesels.

Innovative Performance

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Innova...609652?sk=info
2JZ-GTE Conversions & GM LS-Engine Conversions
forcefedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #35
forcefedvw

My Ride: 03' Z4 '00 VW
Quote:
I love this manifold, I've been starting at pics of it since I left the shop. I can't explain what I think about it, can't believe I made it honestly. I just got rolling with fab work not so long ago it seems. I put everything I have into each and every one of these setups. I build them as if they were my own, and if I had to look at them everyday, hopefully they fill the shoes of the owner and they love them as much as I do! I appreciate your comments, gotta get up your way again sometime soon! Take care, hope the car is running well!

Send us the car, I can work my magic in those frame rails as well

You don't have to argue with me about top mounts, it's a win win regardless. I've stared at this turbo and engine bay for over a month now while we were waiting for other pieces to arrive to get started. The back housing, 1.06, is gigantic on this thing, even though 35R. It's big in the wrong place. Fitting the hotside crams the compressor up against the rad support, and the headlight is right there with no room around it for pipes. I would have loved for it to be up top. This is the best compromise though honestly. It's still very visible, as well as the manifold. On a top mount setup like the one in my Z3M, the downpipe blocks the whole manifold, so it's a different look for sure. This is also my first bottom mount setup I've done EVER! Me =

Should have no oil drain issues as it is a very very high bottom mount, will fit a full 4' intake as well placing a filter in front of the shock tower, a/c compressor isn't even near, some custom a/c lines and the car will be bling under the hood, beastly in power and spool, and have all the likings of a stock car

Want some top mount love, check this out, just finished this up last week, I'll have a thread for it up very soon as well

Thank you everyone for your comments, I greatly appreciate each and every one!

-Shawn-
This Reminds me of Dragans e36 m3

98 M50/S52 GT35R Tec3R standalone 680whp 610wtrq

Innovative Performance

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Innova...609652?sk=info
2JZ-GTE Conversions & GM LS-Engine Conversions

Last edited by forcefedvw; 12-03-2011 at 10:31 AM.
forcefedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #36
Beedub

My Ride: bmw z4m vt2-525
hi their OP , any info on the fuel pump setup the z4m uses?? HPF say its different to the e46 m3, can you shed any light on how your planing to fuel this beast..... i did ask earlier in the thread but..... ermm i guess you missed it ;-)
Old 12-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #37
lutzperformance
Lutz Performance-FL BMW F/I

My Ride: 1995 BMW M3, 04 Z06
Send a message via AIM to lutzperformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
hi their OP , any info on the fuel pump setup the z4m uses?? HPF say its different to the e46 m3, can you shed any light on how your planing to fuel this beast..... i did ask earlier in the thread but..... ermm i guess you missed it ;-)
We are building our own fuel setup for this car as it will be using E85!

More details to come, fuel pumps and injectors are listed in the original post!

Thanks!
lutzperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #38
A4RingedONE8T

Sorry for the lack of updates, been a busy two weeks at the shop. Did get a chance this week to spend about 15 hours welding up the manifold

Welded in and out

Some more of the bling

Still a big pile of materials!

Old 12-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #39
tchev007

My Ride: Z4M Roadster
Looks phenominal !!!

...and incredibly heavy duty to withstand my abuse!

Thanks for all the great work Shawn!!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #40
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Must...not...fap...