E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #301
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
I'm excited to see this thing come together!

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #302
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Guys, I know most people never actually click on links. Do yourselves a favor and click on Tom's body shop link.

http://imageshack.us/g/19/sany0379i.jpg/

The rear fender flares are amazing! I like this treatment much better than an entire wide body. Its not shown how the actual shaping was done, or cutting and welding. That would have been interesting. English wheel??

But the almost finished flares are huge like a Porsche 911 on steroids. Very very cool looking.
I think he told me the flares will accommodate 345's.

This is something I wanted to do but opted out due to extreme cost. Its a pricey modification but so neat if you can afford it.

Very unique look for an E46 M3. I love it! Well done.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #303
323tom

My Ride: Turbo 323 ;)
car done at body shop, heading back to Larry tomorrow... new hpf clutch should be in soon and ready to put to the test!

new body shop pics!

http://imageshack.us/g/109/20120802082219950.jpg/
Old 08-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #304
jtrejo

My Ride: e46 m3
whats up with the white parts?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #305
323tom

It's what he cool kids do? Lol jk... I bought the side skirts and rear bumper off a guy with a white m3... The car is getting Vynil wrappe matte white so you won't even know haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrejo View Post
whats up with the white parts?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #306
jtrejo

My Ride: e46 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323tom View Post
It's what he cool kids do? Lol jk... I bought the side skirts and rear bumper off a guy with a white m3... The car is getting Vynil wrappe matte white so you won't even know haha
saawwweeeeetttttt
Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #307
mike radowski
Account Under Review

My Ride: 02 M3, 97 turbo M3
Looks great.
mike radowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #308
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Looking "Sexxy Time" Tom Wrapped is going to look SICK

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #309
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Beast Mode Activated!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #310
M3PTGSC

My Ride: M3
Quote:
car done at body shop, heading back to Larry tomorrow... new hpf clutch should be in soon and ready to put to the test!

new body shop pics!

http://imageshack.us/g/109/20120802082219950.jpg/
Looks sick!! Body shop did great job! Rear fenders look almost same like on my wb E36 M3...like same person did them...maybe it did actually

09 SL63 AMG Designo,pano and whole nine yards lol
07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
03-M3-6766 DBB..Tubular manifold...
97-M3-
95-M3 SC stage 2-Widebody...
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
M3PTGSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #311
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PTGSC View Post
Looks sick!! Body shop did great job! Rear fenders look almost same like on my wb E36 M3...like same person did them...maybe it did actually
The bulges are much more subtle than I thought. Looks 100% factory. PERFECT job. HOW did they do it? ...weld on a flared section and then heated the rear bumper to match up? Did they do fberglass work on the rear bumper so it mated with the larger flares?

I saw the early pix with the flares in primer, but there are no other pix showing the actual fabrication, welding etc.
English wheel? This is world class fabrication. I dont think my body shop could equal this work and they are very very good.

Last edited by Bdave; 08-03-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #312
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Can't wait to see this finished Tom!

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #313
bmxpert86

My Ride: e46 TiAg ///M3
ZZZZZZOMG.....That is straight beutiful. Congrats man!!!! Great job, youpicked some awesome mods to do and it looks really awesome. And this is coming from a guy who hates most wide body's, looks so clean and well done.
bmxpert86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #314
323tom

Thx for all the comments! I don't like the typical bulky wide body's either, especially when people usually throw on 1000 stickers lol, mind you maverickm3s car is pure sex other then the wing but two each there own...as for fabrication of the rear quarters and rear bumper the body shop that originally made them is suppose to be one of the best in the states, I bought them off a forum member here names .::M::. He hooked
Me up, such a great guy! hes the one with the DTM build at FMU in chicago....The body shop I used did extend it another inch though as my ccws poked past the rear fenders the way i got them...

Only a few things left to install and cars done!

New hpf riveted design clutch (can't wait to put this to the test), Recaro seats/scroth 6pnt harnesses, raven roll bar, TCK d/a's and to finish it off Vynil wrap The b!tch :d
Old 08-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #315
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Thx for all the comments! I don't like the typical bulky wide body's either, especially when people usually throw on 1000 stickers lol, mind you maverickm3s car is pure sex other then the wing but two each there own...as for fabrication of the rear quarters and rear bumper the body shop that originally made them is suppose to be one of the best in the states, I bought them off a forum member here names .::M::. He hooked
Me up, such a great guy! hes the one with the DTM build at FMU in chicago....The body shop I used did extend it another inch though as my ccws poked past the rear fenders the way i got them...

New hpf riveted design clutch (can't wait to put this to the test), Recaro seats/scroth 6pnt harnesses, raven roll bar, TCK d/a's and to finish it off Vynil wrap The b!tch :d
Looks awesome.

Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #316
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Tom PM me with info...I need this widebody...gonna fit some 345's in the rear lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #317
bmxpert86

Quote:

I always loved the way .:M:. modded his car. When his parts came up for sale I seriously considered buying a bunch of his parts, but I took a step back and realized boost fund is a first priority. I'm glad that they went to an active member on the forums so I can see what it turns into. I really am so siked for you bro...you seriously made one of the nicest modded cars on the forum let alone a non M and widebody. It is insane just the bodywork alone and throw in the boost and BAM you have a top 3 build everon the forum!!!! Good luck with the beast, I hope all the $$$$$ poured into the project gives you a happy return on investment with zero problems.

PS M's car is going to be even more insane with his new body route...that fella knows how to mod a car and not turn it into a tacky mess.

Last edited by bmxpert86; 08-04-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #318
323tom

Pm'd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Tom PM me with info...I need this widebody...gonna fit some 345's in the rear lol.
LOL you know whats funny I use to drool over his car all the time and always said this is EXACTLY what I would do if I were to do a wide body...the day came when I upgraded from HPF stg 2 to my current setup I knew my whimpy non-M rear end needed to be beefed up, so I emailed my local body guy and sent him pics of .::M::.'s car and said this is EXACTLY what I want LOL, Ironically a month later M decided to do that major overhaul and I JUMPED on his parts ASAP... Funny thing is I already bought a stock set of m3 fenders and rear bumper so now I got a spare set of m3 fenders/rear bumper lol... I may have my local guy widen the stock m3 by 1-1.5" over the winter too and widen my front rims from 18x9.5 to 18x10.5 or 18x11... Either way cant wait to put these toyo r888s to the test the 335s are apparently huge ive been told by a few people lol... Sorry for the BDave reply LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxpert86 View Post
I always loved the way .:M:. modded his car. When his parts came up for sale I seriously considered buying a bunch of his parts, but I took a step back and realized boost fund is a first priority. I'm glad that they went to an active member on the forums so I can see what it turns into. I really am so siked for you bro...you seriously made one of the nicest modded cars on the forum let alone a non M and widebody. It is insane just the bodywork alone and throw in the boost and BAM you have a top 3 build everon the forum!!!! Good luck with the beast, I hope all the $$$$$ poured into the project gives you a happy return on investment with zero problems.

PS M's car is going to be even more insane with his new body route...that fella knows how to mod a car and not turn it into a tacky mess.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #319
bmxpert86

Yup his car is just awesome. I can't wait for your final product pics. Its aggressive but not at all tacky and keeps the heart of a M. I want some rear low shots lol....the tires are going to look so mean..people behind you at a traffic light are gonna be like WTF!!!! hahah. Yup 335's really look crazy wide in person, its hard to judge by seeing them in pics but in real life its crazy. My buddy did some body work to his zr1 and its crazy seeing how wide they really are but it does look so good. I have had people comment about how wide my rears are and they are only 285 hahaaah.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #320
AirFrcd

My Ride: Mfizzle, and GT-R
Which Recaro's are you putting in Tom? I have installed Recaro PP's in my AMG and M3s, and have found the Sparco Evo2's to be far more comfortable. How big of a guy are you; seriously, you need to consider this. The PP's are meant for guys like Charlie with a supermodel body, only. I am 6", 195 lbs, and in really good shape - however, I would never again purchase a Recaro PP, unless it was my track car only... Food for thought.

PS: can't wait to hear your reaction to the ProEFI TC, it's AMAZING
Philippians 4:13

AirFrcd is offline   Reply With Quote