E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #101
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Love your work Don! I might be needing your help over the summer

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #102
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
Thanks. Just let me know

The owner of this car drove out from Los Angeles out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have his window trim wrapped on this dark blue Infiniti G35 sedan. Decided to go with the matte black finish over the gloss black, to give it somewhat of an accent still and so that it did not completely just blend into the rest of the car.

Before:

After:

Note in this picture, the vertical line/seam in the upper window trim piece is due to the factory piece having a seam/break there.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #103
carsontl

My Ride: 2004 ZHP 330ci
Don I am interested in getting the trim above my windows (i think it's called shadow trim?) wrapped with gloss black, what would that run?

doing a quick google search i found http://www.tejaschapter.org/ja-2004-330.jpg to look like my car. it has that chrome trim but i'd like to black it out
carsontl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #105
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I know there are some of you out there who have no interest in the black vinyl roof wraps that I do or the way carbon fiber vinyl looks. However, you have to at least like protecting your car's headlights from rock chips and cracks.

The material that I use is not precut, so each and every installation is custom fitted to your car's specific application. This means no gaps or seam lines, in order to provide an invisible as possible installation result.

If there is enough interest, I may even be willing to do a group buy to start things out. Also, if your headlights are already faded and you wanted to restore it, I have a guy who can do that before the protective film is applied.

It was actually pretty hard figuring out a good way to show just how the clear film looks like on the headlights. However, hopefully this shows you just how clear and invisible the film is once applied to your headlights. I tried to make it as visible/noticeable as I could in this picture so you guys could actually see/notice the material.

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #106
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here is a brand new silver Mercedes E63 sedan that I vinyl wrapped both the roof and the chrome window trim + trunk handle on the rear. For the roof, we went with a gloss black vinyl wrap finish to give it a panoramic or gloss black painted look. In addition to the roof, the side roof rails were also wrapped in gloss black, which on this car extends from the bottom of the windshield to the back of the roof. On the window trim, we went with the matte black vinyl wrap finish over the gloss black in this case, to give it a nice contrast and have it blend in with the rubber that's also around the window trim pieces. It makes the window trim pop a bit more versus just completely blending in with the windows, if that makes sense.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #107
e46skittz

My Ride: 325i
About how much would I need to buy to wrap an a 325i? To wrap the whole car.?
e46skittz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #108
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

What finish.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #109
phubar

My Ride: 335is, HD
I'm interested in wrapping the interior trim in my e46 coupe, the roof and the window trim in glossy black. what would be the price for that? also do you provide instructions? thanks.
phubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #110
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

PM sent.

-Don
Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #111
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this car contacted me to see if I could wrap the fading back pillars on his black Mercedes SLK. He decided to go with the 3M di-noc carbon fiber material for this, to give it a nice contrast and at the same time hide/cover up the peeling/fading black pieces. The owner of this car was actually just up the street from me in Anaheim Hills.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #112
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is the same black Mercedes SLK as above that I vinyl wrapped the pillars in the 3M di-noc carbon fiber material. I also tinted / smoked the clear portions of the tail lights on his SLK. This is my current/new shade that I am using, which is lighter than before and really gives a fairly factory look similar to BMW's black line tail lights, for those who are familiar. The owner of this car was also in Orange County/Anaheim Hills.

Before:

Left side tinted / smoked, right side untinted / unsmoked.

Tinted/smoked

Untinted/unsmoked

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #113
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here is a black Mercedes W204 C300 or C350, I don't remember, since it was debaged. I vinyl wrapped the chrome or brushed aluminum window trims with my gloss black vinyl material to give it that shadowline blacked out look. For this car, we went with the gloss black material over the matte black material. We did this so that the window trim would blend in with the car more, since his tail lights were tinted fairly dark (making then look like gloss black) and his wheels had some gloss black accents on it as well. I also blacked out the chrome trunk handle in the rear to complete the entire chrome blacking our look/process.

In addition to the window trim, I also did the top half portion of the side mirror blinkers in gloss black. I basically covered the reflector portion and left the actual indicator portion visible/clear.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #114
ajhubbar

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
how much for a satin black roof sized sheet for a e46 323 sedan shipped to 22407?
ajhubbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #115
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

PM sent.

I've had a few people ask me what a gloss black vinyl wrapped roof would look like on a more stock/factory looking car. I vinyl wrapped the roof of this white BMW E46 325i sedan in my gloss black vinyl material. For this particular car, if the owner of this car was to have keep this car as is, without doing too many other mods, gloss black would definitely be the correct choice over matte black or carbon fiber, etc. Those finishes would be too aggressive for the car. Don't mind the pink emblems. This car was owned by a girl. The owner of this car drove out to me from Irvine/Orange County.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #116
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here is an imola red BMW E46 M3 that had me vinyl wrap his roof with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material. I tried to take more pictures to try and help show the differences between carbon fiber weaves in the 3M 1080 vs the 3M di-noc material. I believe the owner of this car was from San Diego and came up to me in Orange County to have the vinyl work done. The weave in the 1080 material is a lot smaller/finer, and due to the nature of the material, it comes out wavier than the dinoc material.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #117
martiwil

My Ride: 2001 325i
I have the same white e46 as that girls above. How much to do the roof with that same gloss finish? Shipped to 77306. Thanks !
martiwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #118
Boyle325ci

My Ride: 325ci.. a black one
im in florida so installation for the window trim would be done by myself. are there any specific pointers i should know before going at it? tools tips cautions?

if people don't kill people, guns kill people..
do toasters not toast toast? toast toast toast..?
Boyle325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #119
apex32

My Ride: E46 M3
Interested in a sheet big enough to do an e46 m3 roof. CF, whichever one is easier/better to work with.

Dan
apex32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #120
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

PMs sent to all.

Tinted / smoked the headlights on this new white C250 Mercedes sedan with the new lighter shade of tint that I have been using. The darkness of this tint is about half of other tint shade that I used to use. This shade of tint is light enough to still allow a good amount of light through it, so that not too much light output is reduced, but it is still dark enough that it still tones down the head lights / tail lights that it is being applied to. The owner of this car came out to me from around Corona to Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. I also blacked out the chrome and the roof on this same car.

Before - Untinted/unsmoked on passenger side, tinted/smoked on driver side:

Untinted/unsmoked:

Tinted/smoked:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com