E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #61
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
pharmacy seems boring
Old 12-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #62
calledig1tal

My Ride: 08 328i
Send a message via AIM to calledig1tal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
Wow so much false information here...

All pharmacists who graduate these days are Doctors... they are Doctors of Pharmacy. The hold a 4 year post-grad Doctorate degrees.

Pharmacists are the #1 most accessible health care providers...
You name me one other profession, where you can basically drop in without an appointment, pick someone's brain for all your medication information, and not pay THEM a single dime for their service?

Then again, this forum is filled with children, so this thread doe not surprise me...
my friend told me a joke: what's the only profession you earn a doctorate's and have to work the drive through sometimes?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #63
accolade

My Ride: O||||||O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
Wow so much false information here...

All pharmacists who graduate these days are Doctors... they are Doctors of Pharmacy. The hold a 4 year post-grad Doctorate degrees.

Pharmacists are the #1 most accessible health care providers...
You name me one other profession, where you can basically drop in without an appointment, pick someone's brain for all your medication information, and not pay THEM a single dime for their service?

Then again, this forum is filled with children, so this thread doe not surprise me...
No surprise here that your join date is what it is...

I was skimming this thread for some glimmer of a reasonable argument, but just like any other thread on this board, there was none.

My best friend is a MD at Thomas Jefferson in Philly, doing his 4th year residency in ortho with a specialty in spinal. My future brother in law is a pharmacist at CVS in RI right now, he has his PhD. Strangely enough, my best friend told me that he could never get into that sh!t cause it's too tough for him... he just doesn't get it. I mean you guys here can relate to people that "just don't get it", right?

Nice to know AL is still rolling.

Last edited by accolade; 12-15-2011 at 11:26 PM.
accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #64
MrWesson

My Ride: 01 330CI/09 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman831 View Post
This is an issue with semantics. Most people associate the term "doctor" with "physician", which is wrong. They have doctoral degrees but are not usually called Dr. So and So. Not sure why but that's the way it is. I've heard of some pharmacists wanting the title of Dr. to be used before their name though.

Pharmacists need to take additional courses, unless offered by their school, to immunize patients. Your GF is not "qualified" to do anything until she gets her diploma/license. Good luck to your GF in school
She gives them all day long in clinic as well as does extractions/root canals you name it.

Immunology was a 1st semester class for all med/dental/pharm/optometry students.

The clinic at her school is simply supervised by dentists but all procedures are done by students.

Back to my original point is that pharmacists are qualified to give shots although not licensed.
MrWesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #65
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
so her one way commute is 75 miles?
and she's working 40 to 80 hours a week?

man, you must really love your wife...
Again, reread...

My wife is a tech. Her boss (good personal friend with fakies) is the pharmacist. Her husband work in Cadillac financial. Together they pull in close to $300K a year. Her last years birthday present was a mini cooper s convertible paid for with cash. This year, she ordered and bought a Cheyenne...

They live in a modest $450,000 home (In a real location would be upwards of $750,000) but because she has to commute for her job and live in the sticks, it was a bargain.

They are great people, with great attitudes, worked really hard to get where they are, and do not take their jobs lightly. She busted her ass to get where she is, and has never regretted anything. 2 weeks ago, she decided to go to the beach, so they flew to Jamaica.

Anyone who says the job is easy is an idiot, though the description of what you actually did in the job sounds to me like you had the softest position in the field you could. Good for you doing what you do, but making light of a job where you hold a persons life in your hands is pretty stupid. I hope in all your daydreaming in your slacks and heels, watching the techs fill things, you at least took it seriously.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:41 PM   #66
mtnbound
Town Clown

My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
you seem to have an issue with me since day 1 but don't worry I am not going to cry. Instead I will play this silly games with you.

1) unlike you, I am a pharmacist and don't need your rant and lecture how to be a pharmacist. usually when people lecture or rant on something they are normally a SME (subject matter expert) you have no creditbility and are not an authority. I am far from smart but I did made the dean list when I graduated in '04 so I am 76.0002% confident I know more about pharmacy than you.

2) BTW....why are you living in California? don't you miss the east coast (especially NY).
1. Clearly reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Nowhere did I challenge you on "how to be a pharmacist." I simply asked if you belittle and insult people and their professions in real life, the way you've done in this thread. Also, I'm also confident that you know more about pharmacy than me, so I'm not even sure what your last statement has to do with anything as I never claimed to be an authority. btw, I would wager you're extremely smart; book smart, at least.

2. I'm living in California because I hitchhiked across the country on a dare and now I'm broke. I was planning to work in Tahoe at a ski resort to make some money to get back, but there's been no snow, so now I'm going to head to LA and try to become an actor.
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:43 PM   #67
flashmeow
Banned User

My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbound View Post
1. Clearly reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Nowhere did I challenge you on "how to be a pharmacist." I simply asked if you belittle and insult people and their professions in real life, the way you've done in this thread. Also, I'm also confident that you know more about pharmacy than me, so I'm not even sure what your last statement has to do with anything as I never claimed to be an authority. btw, I would wager you're extremely smart; book smart, at least.

2. I'm living in California because I hitchhiked across the country on a dare and now I'm broke. I was planning to work in Tahoe at a ski resort to make some money to get back, but there's been no snow, so now I'm going to head to LA and try to become an actor.
sorry for confusing you with someone else David. The dave I knew used to live in the East Coast that had a mental retarded father who was paralyzed. of course this couldn't be you because you live in the south bay. sorry again. hope you and I are still friends.
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:48 PM   #68
accolade

Again, another thread filled with a bunch of morons slanging around BS that they know nothing about.

4 years of schooling, and guess what? They give flu shots. Funny thing is, they also know EVERYTHING about EVERY prescribed drug on the market right now. Granted, who doesn't.

My girlfriend is a CRNA (google it). She is in her second year of clinical, and when she comes out she will not have a doctorate. CRNAs are more than likely putting you out when you are undergoing surgery. Again, not a doctor. Your life is in their hands.

Titles are for a$$holes. If you are good at what you do, you don't care.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #69
BruceWonder

My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by accolade View Post
Again, another thread filled with a bunch of morons slanging around BS that they know nothing about.

4 years of schooling, and guess what? They give flu shots. Funny thing is, they also know EVERYTHING about EVERY prescribed drug on the market right now. Granted, who doesn't.

My girlfriend is a CRNA (google it). She is in her second year of clinical, and when she comes out she will not have a doctorate. CRNAs are more than likely putting you out when you are undergoing surgery. Again, not a doctor. Your life is in their hands.

Then why would anybody want to be a anesthesiologist when they can be a CRNA on the cheap? Dont get me wrong....CRNA is a great job and a very very good paying one for the amount of school involved.

A CRNA is a title, your gf went to more school/training vs a LVN/RN...hence higher compensation.

BTW, where does the CRNA get the IV drugs from?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #70
dreamdrivedrift

Quote:
No surprise here that your join date is what it is...

I was skimming this thread for some glimmer of a reasonable argument, but just like any other thread on this board, there was none.

My best friend is a MD at Thomas Jefferson in Philly, doing his 4th year residency in ortho with a specialty in spinal. My future brother in law is a pharmacist at CVS in RI right now, he has his PhD. Strangely enough, my best friend told me that he could never get into that sh!t cause it's too tough for him... he just doesn't get it. I mean you guys here can relate to people that "just don't get it", right?

Nice to know AL is still rolling.
Quote:

What is your point? Who are you responding to?

And news for you...titles and credentials do matter, as petty, trivial, and stupid as they may be.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #71
TwoFastFurYa

My Ride: 02' 325Ci Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
This is BS. Do you know how much a Pharmacist makes???

My wife is a tech at Target, and her boss clears $180,000 a year before bonuses. And this is small town PA... LA, NYC and other major cities would pull 3 times that easy.

Technically, they are not allowed to administer shots/medication. My wife is fully trained to do so, and has to give everyone their flu shots, and the pharmacist, which spent 6 years in school, and did a residency cannot...

It is more about untying the hands of a trained person according to the law.
Thats the complete opposite here in FL, well at CVS/Pharamacy where I work, the TECH's, DO NOT give the shots. They bill the insurance companies, type the flu shot up as the prescription for the insurance to have soethiing to look at and bill, and complete the filling process regarding the flu shot forms, hand over to the pharamacist, pharmacist verifys that the info is correct and then gives the shot himself. How is it that the TECHs are able to give the shots where you at?

02' 325Ci -SOLD
04' 350Z -Current
TwoFastFurYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #72
accolade

I'm not sure what you are asking in your first question... I'm referring to people with PhDs I guess.

Credential don't matter? Pretty sure I said titles... Wanna meet an Associate Vice President to the Head Assistant of Help Desk Support? I'll give you his e-mail.

Titles mean sh!t, that's the bottom line. You could be "Chief A-Hole - E46Fantatics", would that make you feel better?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:59 AM   #73
BruceWonder

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are asking in your first question... I'm referring to people with PhDs I guess.

Credential don't matter? Pretty sure I said titles... Wanna meet an Associate Vice President to the Head Assistant of Help Desk Support? I'll give you his e-mail.

Titles mean sh!t, that's the bottom line. You could be "Chief A-Hole - E46Fantatics", would that make you feel better?
credential gets you the title
Old 12-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #74
USCTrojanMan29

My Ride: Beauty & The Beater
Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
THAT sounds sexy
need pictures
USCTrojanMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:14 AM   #75
accolade

I never said credentials don't matter... TITLES do not matter. They don't. Credentials will not get you a title.

Maybe I am not making sense here, and the non-linear thinking of this place is what always throws me off, but I can hire a guy who has multiple masters in CS relevant fields and give him the "title" of "A$$nut".

I never said, at least I don't think, that credentials don't matter. Titles are bullsh!t.

Oh, and to answer the question before, yep.. CRNAs do get their drugs from the anesthesiologist... mind you, he isn't watching the surgery. He's walking around making $900k a year, and god bless him. He's got a lot of malpractice to pay.

Last edited by accolade; 12-16-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #76
calledig1tal

My Ride: 08 328i
Send a message via AIM to calledig1tal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
What is your point? Who are you responding to?

And news for you...titles and credentials do matter, as petty, trivial, and stupid as they may be.
LOL yeah guy is going off, i was like wtf what are you angry at.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #77
BruceWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
got any new mods on the ///M???

Last edited by BruceWonder; 12-16-2011 at 02:34 AM.
BruceWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #78
accolade

You guys are like trying to stamp ants at a BBQ...
Old 12-16-2011, 06:49 AM   #79
dreamdrivedrift

Quote:

Quote:
I never said credentials don't matter... TITLES do not matter. They don't. Credentials will not get you a title.

Maybe I am not making sense here, and the non-linear thinking of this place is what always throws me off, but I can hire a guy who has multiple masters in CS relevant fields and give him the "title" of "A$$nut".

I never said, at least I don't think, that credentials don't matter. Titles are bullsh!t.

Oh, and to answer the question before, yep.. CRNAs do get their drugs from the anesthesiologist... mind you, he isn't watching the surgery. He's walking around making $900k a year, and god bless him. He's got a lot of malpractice to pay.
Quote:
You guys are like trying to stamp ants at a BBQ...
Just because some titles are BS does not mean that you can make the blanket statement that all titles are BS. You made it very clear that you don't believe that credentials give you a title. Yes, in industry you can give someone the title of whatever you want, but in more regulated fields the credentials of having completed say a surgical residency gives you the ability to have the title of surgeon. Same goes for registered pharmacist. The title in these cases stands for the fact that they have completed the appropriate training to receive the title and perform the duties expected of that title. Is it really that hard to understand? BTW, I used to have "elitist prick" under my E46F handle, but I guess it got erased after I stopped being a premium member or whatever.

Also, it sounds like whether or not the anesthesiologist sits in depends a lot on where you are doing the surgery. Perhaps this depends on state laws, but at the few places I've watched surgeries at in MD, comprising of both outpatient and inpatient facilities, it has always been an anesthesiologist putting the patients to sleep and monitoring the anesthesia/patient. What type of facility does your GF work in?

$900k a year Median income is $300k

Last edited by dreamdrivedrift; 12-16-2011 at 06:50 AM.
dreamdrivedrift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #80
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Again, reread...

My wife is a tech. Her boss (good personal friend with fakies) is the pharmacist. Her husband work in Cadillac financial. Together they pull in close to $300K a year. Her last years birthday present was a mini cooper s convertible paid for with cash. This year, she ordered and bought a Cheyenne...

They live in a modest $450,000 home (In a real location would be upwards of $750,000) but because she has to commute for her job and live in the sticks, it was a bargain.....
Cayenne?

They can save money on toilet paper with you around. Luv them much?

Did you edit your indefinite pronoun yet?