E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #81
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
balling
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #82
.::M::.

My Ride: DTM M3 / ROVER / DUC
Thanks guys, shall I post some new pics now? Have maybe 10 or so?

VIP M3?

Show more
Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #83

I will be posting a few photos and ideas over the next 48 hours if you guys can make the time to chime in with your thoughts and opinions so that I can hear some insight on a few mods to be performed. It will help with my final decision.

Just messing with you guys about that negative camber...My wheels will be slightly more aggressive than that however...Only I wont camber the car out as seen in those shots...I plan on running a similar setup to most RWB Porsches as far as their tire size and such...only more aggressive on the wheels (similar to below)

Rockers / front fenders / rear flares / rear bumper all removed...The front fenders and rear bumper were only tacked in place for measurements to have the wheel production started this week so I grabbed some pictures during the process. The wheels should take approx 6-8 weeks to be completed so I should have some updates as they are being built.

Thanks to TheDanielson and M3Racing for their help with measurements and BMWDemon for his input along the way as well.

The newly raised arches will be cleaned up and finished before I do the custom work with the flossman rear quarters - it should make for great clearance for the 13.5" rear wheels!

The next step is gutting the carpet and cleaning up the floor panels / disposing of the sound deadoning & wiring...Once the wheels arrive I will be able to have a set of tires mounted and transport the car to a shop (hopefully a shop looking to work with me for a sponsorship for exposure in the magazine features / shows / events) which will immediately tidy up and finish body work and the full welded in cage.

Why do I feel like the farther I go with the build, the more that comes to my attention and the larger the plan grows?

Enjoy the pics, sorry the progress is slow on this one - I am doing 60% of the work alone and in my garage with my fiance to entertain me / hand me tools...atleast until its at a stage to transport to a good shop.

Trim time :

Show more

Rear bumper test fit - No room for good pictures from behind until the wheels are on and its moveable

Show more

Before :

Show more

After :

Show more

Before :

Show more

After :

Show more

Show more

Show more

Trimming :

Show more

Show more
Old 01-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #84
BruceWonder

My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
animal!!! cant wait to see the finish product. Maybe you can entertain us with some random watch shots in some of your progression photos for us watch guys on here too
Old 01-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #85
Studdly_Studright

My Ride: 135i
wow your plans sound legit! I'm sure it'll turn out awesome..what color are you thinking?
Old 01-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #86
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
You scared the sh!t out of me with the VIP m3 pic
Old 01-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWonder View Post
animal!!! cant wait to see the finish product. Maybe you can entertain us with some random watch shots in some of your progression photos for us watch guys on here too
Thanks! Oh hell...why not? Afterall its the main reason why the car is unfinished ha! I love sharing my creations / collection when others enjoy it. A few shots of my first prototype box utilizing an Angelus 190 clock from circa 1940 (unfinished - awaiting vintage leather inserts / leather lid liner and finishing details like domed display back for the clock, handmade brass retainers for the lid, etc)...It is 1 of 6 blueprints...The 2nd box will utilize an Angelus hygrometer 6-some circa 1940, and the 3rd box an Angelus weather station and clock circa 1950 ($3500 - This box to be my baby and for my prized "grail" creations!), while the 4th box will have individual portholes through the lid for viewing the dials...All 6 prototypes will be for my personal collection so everything finally has a great home and will be displayed around the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studdly_Studright View Post
wow your plans sound legit! I'm sure it'll turn out awesome..what color are you thinking?
Thanks bud, I am up in the air between 4 colors...Once the bodywork/cage and such are all complete and its paint ready I will post up a poll for everyone to help choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
You scared the sh!t out of me with the VIP m3 pic
With all of the other work going into the car, camber like that would put it into a wall in 30 seconds flat haha

Last edited by .::M::.; 01-16-2012 at 01:07 AM.
.::M::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #88

I will be creating sales threads for everything seen below over the next 48 hours - so if you are in the need of any of my last offerings be on the lookout for it or shoot me a PM.

Show more

Show more

Show more

Show more

Show more

Show more

Show more

Show more
Old 01-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #89
wdeerfield

My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
why kenwood and not dynavin?

2009 MBM E90 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET28/25
2011 JB F10 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #90
codyfunk

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Because Kenwood has a WAY better navigation system and a WAY better audio processor and has WAY better pre-outs.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #91

wdeerfield, not to sound too picky but I agree with codyfunks outlook on Kenwood - it had everything that I need and wanted, and fit the bill at the time for the best unit - however those mods are not being added to the car but being sold this week.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #92

Thanks to M3Racing for helping with the measurements to get my wheels started this week - Speaking with Fluid Motor Union about possibly transporting the car to them once the Rotiforms arrive - The cage / bodywork will need to be next.

The nav is gone, I just realized that the suede headliner will also be up for grabs if someone needs a properly covered alcantera headliner. CSL console / mirrors / brackets / seat / stereo all still up for grabs.

Ordering a few parts this week, couple of new updated mods coming shortly!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:27 AM   #93
M3_Aaron

My Ride: E46 M3
Its so freakin wide! The shaved louvers are a nice touch.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #94

Aaron thanks mate!

After more trial and tribulation than you could possibly imagine (I am a bit neurotic) - I FINALLY confirmed the start of the production of my wheels this afternoon.

As planned 19" (shooting for 13.5 & 12) with BARELY enough clearance for the Brembo kit - Rotiform is building the wheel around my brakes so excited to see these finished.

Going beefy with the tires = Traction

Decision has been made on the wheels, but not on the finish (still have a couple of weeks to decide on this) - Agree with my choice?

Rotiform IND's as seen here :

Old 01-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #95
msbhvn

My Ride: Coupe
[QUOTE=.::M::.;13985802]
Rotiform QUOTE]

How on earth did you get them to reply to your email/s? their customer service for there price should be a lot better, especially for a company that promotes emailing them for quotes.
msbhvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #96
INDOMI

My Ride: E46 sedan+E38 740iL
[QUOTE=msbhvn;13985863]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .::M::. View Post
Rotiform QUOTE]

How on earth did you get them to reply to your email/s? their customer service for there price should be a lot better, especially for a company that promotes emailing them for quotes.
contact 'built to order' in sydney, theyre the official dealer for rotiform in australia. but the worrying part is they dont have a website, shop or anything as far as i know, they do have a facebook account though
Old 01-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #97
be-doubleyou

My Ride: 02 325ci
I friggin love that RWB. Great choice on wheels!

be-doubleyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #98
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
13.5 and 12 wide what tire and sizes are you planning on stuffing on those monster wheels?

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #99
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
Damn, totally missed this thread.

Your car is easily one of my favorite Ms on this forum. (Pre Floss) I'm sure you'll execute it perfectly.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #100
bmw m3 s50

My Ride: bmw m3
Hey did you figure out the tire sizes yet?

Here are some things that you need to worry about;

Overall diameter of those tires
You will be running MUCH taller tires then stock .... Clearence inside the fender needs to be monitiored ... I don't know about the flares but you need to keep an eye on clearance

The front steering radius ... Wheels that wide will have problems making turning radius ... You will almost def will be rubbing I know.. I am rubbing and I am not that wide just have wheels pushed out further... You can solve this my adding a spacer steering limiter from turner motorsport

Tire size stretch
You are really going to be stretching the tires with those sizes .. You may be ok with that and want that ... But I personally don't like it or think it is safe ... Especially if you love driving very very fast

Tire available
You tire sizes are going to be extremely limited just be aware of that

Just wanted to give heads up because it is often overlooked ...there are a ton of pitfalls with widebodies... And Flossman doesn't support tire that wide or tall if you look at Flossman website .. So you will def have to change certain things on that kit to make it work the way it should

Last edited by bmw m3 s50; 01-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.
bmw m3 s50 is offline   Reply With Quote