E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #101
cheesey

My Ride: 99 bmw 323i coupe
Come on dude more updates and pics
Old 01-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #102
.::M::.

My Ride: DTM M3 / ROVER / DUC
[QUOTE=msbhvn;13985863]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .::M::. View Post
Rotiform QUOTE]

How on earth did you get them to reply to your email/s? their customer service for there price should be a lot better, especially for a company that promotes emailing them for quotes.
Ive been trying to order wheels for months now - It has been a task to have someone say "lets go" lol. That being said I got the "go ahead" that the payment can be made and sizes worked out, but havent heard back since then to take the payment. If I cant get rid of this money within the next 7 days I will not order the wheels until the shop finishes the bodywork and cage and use that extra money to go even wider for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by be-doubleyou View Post
I friggin love that RWB. Great choice on wheels!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
13.5 and 12 wide what tire and sizes are you planning on stuffing on those monster wheels?
335 in the rear I do believe - I have no freaking clue though I guess we will see lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyner328 View Post
Damn, totally missed this thread.

Your car is easily one of my favorite Ms on this forum. (Pre Floss) I'm sure you'll execute it perfectly.
Thanks my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
Hey did you figure out the tire sizes yet?

Here are some things that you need to worry about;

Overall diameter of those tires
You will be running MUCH taller tires then stock .... Clearence inside the fender needs to be monitiored ... I don't know about the flares but you need to keep an eye on clearance

The front steering radius ... Wheels that wide will have problems making turning radius ... You will almost def will be rubbing I know.. I am rubbing and I am not that wide just have wheels pushed out further... You can solve this my adding a spacer steering limiter from turner motorsport

Tire size stretch
You are really going to be stretching the tires with those sizes .. You may be ok with that and want that ... But I personally don't like it or think it is safe ... Especially if you love driving very very fast

Tire available
You tire sizes are going to be extremely limited just be aware of that

Just wanted to give heads up because it is often overlooked ...there are a ton of pitfalls with widebodies... And Flossman doesn't support tire that wide or tall if you look at Flossman website .. So you will def have to change certain things on that kit to make it work the way it should
Thank you for all of that insight, I have taken most into consideration other than the front steering clearance which we will need to research. The flossman isnt to be a run of the mill flossman, we are going wider in the rear and the front. I am doing BMWDemon style of E30 M3 rear 1/4 panel arching for an additional 2" or so of clearance back there. Technically stock M3 shouldnt support a 12" wide rear wheel but floss pulled it off, while I do understand that flossman doesnt "support" those sizes I take into account that the kit is built for racing and their wheel sizes are nothing like many peoples preference for a nice beefy stance. As you said, I dont want to fall into any of the previously mentioned pits, so will be sure that I keep everything you said in the front of my mind as we continue this build.

If you have the time I will shoot you a PM to discuss front clearance as I believe the front is already 3" wider than stock fender, and if wider than that I hope that clearance wont be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesey View Post
Come on dude more updates and pics
I am still out of town away from the car traveling but can get some shots of the progress in a couple of weeks before shipping it out to be completed. The rear flares are cut and removed, all parts off the car and now time to have the new bodywork/cage/side exhaust done professionally.

I need 2 front wheels/tires to sit the car down off of the jack stands and load up to trailer to the shop. The car will be transported for all the bodywork / custom bumper and wider fenders / side exhaust / full welded in cage with gussets and such / shaved molding and engine bay / wire tuck / shaved hood / paint. Once bodywork is finished the wheels will go on - I am also sure they will document the build on their website / FB which most likely gets more exposure than my thread as well

Last edited by .::M::.; 01-20-2012 at 03:30 PM.
.::M::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #103
AAblown

My Ride: e46 m3, e36 m3, H2
approved you gonna hit the track with this thing?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #104
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
Awesome! cant wait bro.
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #105
cheesey

My Ride: 99 bmw 323i coupe
Whats the bodyshops web address ?
Old 01-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #106
SweetBMW

My Ride: 318CIA
This is going to be totally ******... just pure ******...
Old 01-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #107
ImMolton

My Ride: 05 AW E46 M3
Send a message via Skype™ to ImMolton
Interior looks so good.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #108
@mir

My Ride: '04 ///M3
m0arrr
Old 01-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #109
BMWjunkie77

My Ride: 2002 ///M3
This car is the definition of amazing. Can't wait to see it finished.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

2002 Jet Black/Grey///M3
2002 330ci-GONE

"Bags are for dead hookers"
BMWjunkie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #110
bobm3
Senior Eurowerkz Member

My Ride: 2003m3smg
you can get a 335 20" wheel that goies on a 13" wide wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
Hey did you figure out the tire sizes yet?

Here are some things that you need to worry about;

Overall diameter of those tires
You will be running MUCH taller tires then stock .... Clearence inside the fender needs to be monitiored ... I don't know about the flares but you need to keep an eye on clearance

The front steering radius ... Wheels that wide will have problems making turning radius ... You will almost def will be rubbing I know.. I am rubbing and I am not that wide just have wheels pushed out further... You can solve this my adding a spacer steering limiter from turner motorsport

Tire size stretch
You are really going to be stretching the tires with those sizes .. You may be ok with that and want that ... But I personally don't like it or think it is safe ... Especially if you love driving very very fast

Tire available
You tire sizes are going to be extremely limited just be aware of that

Just wanted to give heads up because it is often overlooked ...there are a ton of pitfalls with widebodies... And Flossman doesn't support tire that wide or tall if you look at Flossman website .. So you will def have to change certain things on that kit to make it work the way it should
my friend as it on his new model vette.. the tire costs alot but not over the top... i think it is the last size tire you can buy before it really costs you alot..... i figue i would give my 2cents worth in........
good luck with the build can't wait untill you put those shoes on her......
bob

Last edited by bobm3; 01-27-2012 at 01:55 PM.
bobm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #111
.::M::.

My Ride: DTM M3 / ROVER / DUC
Fmu

I apologize for the delay - I did a bit of traveling and finally got all of the old parts shipped out. Riggs @ ECS Tuning hooked me up with some hefty spacers / lugs to shoehorn that OEM 19's that I picked up in Washington around 385MM rotors...Tight-as-a-tiger

I bring you the best update on the build thus far...Considering all previous mods are stripped along with fenders/rockers/trunk/bumpers/rear flares...There is not much more that I can do from here...So today the car was loaded into the trailer along with the flossman kit / quarter panels and every other mod still minty fresh in the boxes and sent on its way to FLUID MOTORUNION in Chicago .

I spoke with Michael back and forth for a bit and we both decided that it is in my best interests to tackle this project while teaming up with them...Over the years I have followed all of their work and took note of the quality / caliber of product that rolls out of the shop...I developed a respect for this quality as well as their controversial builds, afterall controversy is my end game. I will keep the build documented here and I am sure you can follow it on their site/fb as well.

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/

FMU will be tackling...
-Install of all new body parts / Flossman
-Customizing the rear 1/4 panels & bowing them out 2.5-3" farther on each side E30 M3 style - The rear of the car with the flossman and this additional 3" should be insane. They will also be customizing the front fenders of the kit along with the front and rear bumpers considering there will be no rear exhaust anymore.
-Side exit exhaust using 3" pipe through the rocker panel with added muffler for a deep tone (ear bleeding I am sure) - fire breather anyone?
-Shaved molding
-Wire tuck / Shaved engine bay
-Shaved floor boards and sheet metal work to paint match
-Complete GTR style welded in cage with gusset work throughout
-Roof skin with sunroof delete

Lastly - Sorting out exactly which wheels and sizes I will be running on the car with a beefy set of tires.

That being said...Here we go, embarking on a long journey with a great shop and looking forward to the outcome. Feel free to give opinions / criticism / hate / love or whatever else during this build...its all constructive in the end and I appreciate the nudges along the way.

I am going back a page or 2 and changing the updates on the wheels as I had assured everyone that the wheels were sorted out and as of that week production would begin...However little did I know that out of all 3 wheel companies I worked with, including the final choice that I went with either 1. Never answered the phone nor returned calls / email / texts, 2. Apparently too consumed in FB to sort out my order, 3. Made it seem like it was a full time job to hand over cash for product.....So I scratched the wheel order all together which is what led me to call Michael at FMU and put my resources to more productive use. This way we go wider, and once ready the wheels are build around the widebody and within the next 7-8 months I am sure that I will find a much more suitable wheel and company more willing to work with us on the project.

The last few snaps from my camera before some heavy hitting progress is made in Chicago...

CENSORED TEASE!

Show more

Tight as a tiger...

Show more

Show more

Show more

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAblown View Post
approved you gonna hit the track with this thing?
Of course...I will break into that scene slowly but surely...I am not speed racer and wont claim to be a pro...So I will follow the instructors directions and the veterans until comfortable to rip on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post
Awesome! cant wait bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesey View Post
Whats the bodyshops web address ?
Fluid Motorunion
11965 S. Aero Drive Plainfield, IL 60585
(815) 230-2900

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBMW View Post
This is going to be totally ******... just pure ******...
******* YA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMolton View Post
Interior looks so good.
Its getting gutted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @mir View Post
m0arrr
^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWjunkie77 View Post
This car is the definition of amazing. Can't wait to see it finished.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobm3 View Post
my friend as it on his new model vette.. the tire costs alot but not over the top... i think it is the last size tire you can buy before it really costs you alot..... i figue i would give my 2cents worth in........
good luck with the build can't wait untill you put those shoes on her......
bob
Thanks mate, the vettes can stuff a huge ***** of a tire! I am hoping to have a decent tire sponsor in the end, it would help with tracking it.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #112
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Cant wait to see this!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #113
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
You teasing piece of shiit.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #114
codyfunk

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
+1
Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #115
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #116
So Lowww

My Ride: E36M
Rotiform huh? Sounds typical lol.

HRE's Vintage line up would do you really good. Check it out.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #117
Dibaltic

My Ride: 325ci
cutting out your fenders... custom fenders

cant wait to see finished product
Dibaltic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #118
Bmw_fever

My Ride: 01' 325i ZSP ZCW
I don't get jealous very easily, you my friend have made me jealous. Good Job that things is beastly!
Bmw_fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #119
wdeerfield

My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Lowww View Post
Rotiform huh? Sounds typical lol.

HRE's Vintage line up would do you really good. Check it out.
in what way? i think rotiforms are more fitting than a dated design that all the kids on s|w want on their vdubs and e21/28s

2009 MBM E90 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 JB F10 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #120
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Glad I could be of help bud!

James with ECS (or as T calls me Riggs)

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!

Last edited by ECSTuning; 02-09-2012 at 11:06 AM.
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote