E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Suspension and Braking

Suspension and Braking
Springs, shocks, struts, coilovers, camber plates, sway bars, strut bars, suspension bushings, control arms, brake pads, big brake kits, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
Arsenal2012

My Ride: 330xi
FS. New Front Struts

75 Shipped
Call/text me 219 three one zero 59four4
I have a 330xi and it must have the sport or m suspension because these were to long for my setup. I realized this after building one and trying to install it, so the one does have some scratches on the bottom but it is only cosmetic.

This may fit other E46 models to but I am not positive.

Last edited by Arsenal2012; 11-07-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Arsenal2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:32 PM   #2
ericsonp

My Ride: 04 330i ZHP
Who makes BLAU?
Old 08-20-2016, 10:43 PM   #3
Rob43
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
China

Rob43

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 SCCA
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

I BUILD SUSPENSIONS (Consult) FROM MILD TO WILD FOR RWD & Xi E46's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
I Know How To Fix The Rear "Bouncing" Problem On Your Cheap Coilovers Like: Jom RL FK SE & RK.
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:47 PM   #4
ericsonp

My Ride: 04 330i ZHP
Ok, thanks will have to pass, GLWS
Old 08-21-2016, 12:08 AM   #5
Arsenal2012

Rob43, what's not made in China?
The struts are quality made and sold by a reputable company. They are not Koni for sure but they will last and ride well.

Edit: they are most likely KYB or Tokico struts which are painted "Blau" blue.

Last edited by Arsenal2012; 08-21-2016 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:18 AM   #6
Rob43
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal2012 View Post
Rob43, what's not made in China?
The struts are quality made and sold by a reputable company. They are not Koni for sure but they will last and ride well.

1) Items made outside of china are not made in china.

2) You are correct they are not Koni's....

This statement is directly from Blauparts: "Note: This shock set is NOT recommended for vehicles equipped with aftermarket sport springs (i.e. H&R, Eibach) or factory Sport or M suspension systems."

EDIT: They are absolutely Not KYB or Tokico struts or shocks. You might want to do some research on this before you throw out bad information.

Free bump,
Rob43

Quote:
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
I Know How To Fix The Rear "Bouncing" Problem On Your Cheap Coilovers Like: Jom RL FK SE & RK.

Last edited by Rob43; 08-21-2016 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:23 AM   #7
Arsenal2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
1) Items made outside of china are not made in china.

2) You are correct they are not Koni's....

This statement is directly from Blauparts: "Note: This shock set is NOT recommended for vehicles equipped with aftermarket sport springs (i.e. H&R, Eibach) or factory Sport or M suspension systems."

EDIT: They are absolutely Not KYB or Tokico struts or shocks. You might want to do some research on this before you throw out bad information.

Free bump,
Rob43
Well I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with the resident BMW suspension Guru.

The China question was rhetorical and obviously they are not Koni Dr. SERIOUS.

I'm not trying to be misleading or throw out bad info. I said "most likely" and that is just what I've read.
They are what they are, they are made where they are made, period.

Are they good quality? YES
Are they made in USA, Germany, Spain or Turkey? IDK, most likely not. My guess is China as you said.

I'm not looking to rip anyone off and I'm not trying to make money off of them either. I can't use them, I've disclosed everything I know.

HOPE THAT'S ACCEPTABLE.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:35 AM   #8
Rob43
OEM ///Member

Quote:
100 Shipped OBO
Call/text me 219 three one zero 59four4
I have a 330xi and it must have the sport or m suspension because these were to long for my setup. I realized this after building one and trying to install it, so the one does have some scratches on the bottom but it is only cosmetic.

This may fit other E46 models to but I am not positive.

Hey I think that's great, next time order the correct struts for an Xi. GLWS

BTW, they're currently on sale at $96.30 with free shipping, so you might want to re-think that "I'm not looking to rip anyone off" thing.

Rob43
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2016-08-21 at 1.31.12 AM.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	639038  

Quote:

Last edited by Rob43; 08-21-2016 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:30 PM   #9
Arsenal2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
Hey I think that's great, next time order the correct struts for an Xi. GLWS

BTW, they're currently on sale at $96.30 with free shipping, so you might want to re-think that "I'm not looking to rip anyone off" thing.

Rob43
You live and you learn, sometimes along the way you stumble and if you are lucky someone will help you.

I'm sure you weren't born with godly suspension knowledge, at some point you learned it. This was my first ever attempt at building and installing struts. Thanks for the support and kind words! (That is sarcasm because I'm sure you won't get that the way you didn't get my rhetorical question).

Price adjusted, 95shipped.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:59 AM   #10
chrisbactive

My Ride: 00 328i
Has anyone on here tried this brand out? Might be interested for my 00 328i Sedan
chrisbactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:49 PM   #11
challengerE46

My Ride: E46 M3, 2000 323iT
Don't feel bad arsenol2012, I did the same thing with a subaru. I had an AWD Legacy Outback and i accidentally ordered struts for an AWD Legacy (no outback). It took me about 8 months to finally have the time to install them and i tried to install the first one, and it hit the tire (they took returns only within the first 6 months).... i still have all four in my attic five years later, brand new. I need to list them on craigslist or ebay i guess, or give them away as i really don't want to see the damn things, i sold the car years ago and it has since gone tot he junkyard.

Rob43, do you have to be so damn snarky and assume the worst in people??
challengerE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:15 AM   #12
mikeetastic

My Ride: lots of 3
@rob43 - you have your period today? you need to eat more pizza lol.
mikeetastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:26 AM   #13
Rob43
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by challengerE46 View Post
Don't feel bad arsenol2012, I did the same thing with a subaru. I had an AWD Legacy Outback and i accidentally ordered struts for an AWD Legacy (no outback). It took me about 8 months to finally have the time to install them and i tried to install the first one, and it hit the tire (they took returns only within the first 6 months).... i still have all four in my attic five years later, brand new. I need to list them on craigslist or ebay i guess, or give them away as i really don't want to see the damn things, i sold the car years ago and it has since gone tot he junkyard.

Rob43, do you have to be so damn snarky and assume the worst in people??
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeetastic View Post
@rob43 - you have your period today? you need to eat more pizza lol.

Unfortunately, you're both completely missing the point.

Go back & read what the OP wrote in his for sale thread, it's very misleading to say things like "Edit: they are most likely KYB or Tokico struts which are painted "Blau" blue." when they are not.

What happens next ? Some newer forum member reads this stuff & buys these extremely low quality ~$49 each struts that Don't even work for a Sport suspension BMW.

By simply posting the facts, the average guy won't jump into the wrong front strut; thinking it's one thing when it's not.

That's called,..... Helping The E46F Community Out.

Rob43

Quote:

Last edited by Rob43; 09-10-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:33 AM   #14
challengerE46

Rob43 thanks for straightening it all out, but there is a snarky way to do that and a nice way to say the same thing. I missed nothing (but thanks for assuming I "completely missed the point" like i am a moron and can't read the thread from the beginning??)... i hear you, the OP even said he understands, but it could have been done in a friendly fashion. I too have to edit my words so as to not appear condescending, it is difficult but a worthwhile thing IMHO
Old 09-10-2016, 12:36 AM   #15
Rob43
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by challengerE46 View Post
Rob43 thanks for straightening it all out, but there is a snarky way to do that and a nice way to say the same thing. I missed nothing (but thanks for assuming I "completely missed the point" like i am a moron and can't read the thread from the beginning??)... i hear you, the OP even said he understands, but it could have been done in a friendly fashion. I too have to edit my words so as to not appear condescending, it is difficult but a worthwhile thing IMHO

I hear what you're saying...

I simply like correct information, not bad and or misleading info.

Rob43

Quote:
Old 09-10-2016, 01:12 AM   #16
Arsenal2012

You are a piece of work Rob. You are being two timing and throwing in backhanded comments like this...
"Some newer forum member reads this stuff & buys these extremely low quality ~$49 each*struts*that Don't even work for a Sport*suspension*BMW."

Have you used these before? How do you attest to their quality?
You bashed me from the beginning and I was nothing but polite and still am.

Clearly they are not for sport suspension it says it and I said. Why do you keep saying that.

My car is 15yrs old and has 176k miles on it, I wanted a cheap alternative as I'm sure others here may as well. The rear ones I have installed are working just fine, granted it's only been 600 miles they have been on but untill you use and test out these cheap crappy inferior low quality Chinese BS parts as you have so eloquently eluded to them as given your years of experience and testing of them please refrain from bashing on me.

If I'm wrong let me know I'll change it as I have already.

I'm done here you guys keep dick punching each other if it makes you feel good.

PRICE DROPPED $85 Shipped
Old 09-10-2016, 01:15 AM   #17
challengerE46

Please , we are not dick punching, we are sword fighting, much more pleasurable
Old 09-10-2016, 01:16 AM   #18
BMW WHP

My Ride: 01 330Ci w/ stick
Quote:
You are a piece of work Rob. You are being two timing and throwing in backhanded comments like this...
"Some newer forum member reads this stuff & buys these extremely low quality ~$49 each*struts*that Don't even work for a Sport*suspension*BMW."

Have you used these before? How do you attest to their quality?
You bashed me from the beginning and I was nothing but polite and still am.

Clearly they are not for sport suspension it says it and I said. Why do you keep saying that.

My car is 15yrs old and has 176k miles on it, I wanted a cheap alternative as I'm sure others here may as well. The rear ones I have installed are working just fine, granted it's only been 600 miles they have been on but untill you use and test out these cheap crappy inferior low quality Chinese BS parts as you have so eloquently eluded to them as given your years of experience and testing of them please refrain from bashing on me.

If I'm wrong let me know I'll change it as I have already.

I'm done here you guys keep dick punching each other if it makes you feel good.

Wow, what a load of crap. You gave poor and misleading info in an attempt to unload your poor purchase decision.

I'm with rob because he was telling it the way it is.
BMW WHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:03 AM   #19
Arsenal2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW WHP View Post

Wow, what a load of crap. You gave poor and misleading info in an attempt to unload your poor purchase decision.

I'm with rob because he was telling it the way it is.
Here is where I got my info...
http://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi...uparts-136124/

"Most likely" does not mean they are. I'm not explaining myself any further I did not say THEY ARE KYB, THEY ARE TOKIKO, THEY WILL WORK FOR SPORT SUSPENSION, THEY ARE MADE IN USA, THEY ARE GOLD PLATED OR THAT THEY WILL MAKE YOUR CAR FLY.
Get off my back did you look at the first post it clearly came from the website that sells them. STOP TROLLING!

Love my bimmer, really hating this community though. Next ride is going to be another Audi. I have done nothing but try to promote growth and help, just look at my past posts.

I come here and try to sell something at a fair price and post the info that I know and you jackals pounce on me like a fresh carcass. I have my phone number posted so you can ask questions too. HOW AM I LYING?

GET A LIFE!

Regards
Old 09-10-2016, 03:42 AM   #20
BMW WHP

My Ride: 01 330Ci w/ stick
Quote:

No they are not, complete BS. This is misleading and you know it.

Quote:
I wanted a cheap alternative

granted it's only been 600 miles they have been on but untill you use and test out these cheap crappy inferior low quality Chinese BS parts

You said it, "cheap crappy inferior low quality Chinese BS parts".

Look dude, if you go to a tire store and buy the cheapest possible A/S tires you can buy with a 30k mileage warranty for 39$ a tire, you
don't need to be a rocket scientist to know they're crap. Get it.

I hope you sell these struts soon because i believe your price is fair, but your information was misleading and you know it.
BMW WHP is offline   Reply With Quote