E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
JavierSegura

My Ride: 323i
Android Navigation DVD, USB, Micro SD, iPod Radio. NO DIGITAL AUDIO

Dears.

I'm installing in my BMW E46 323i a new Navigation radio with Android, and everything was very easy, but when I test, only in FM and AM there is sound and the reception in FM decrease almost to nothing.

I'm investigating a lot in internet but I see no one with a problem like this. I already check all the configurations but I don't know which can be the cause.

Attached the images of the configuration in manual and the radio.

I really appreciate if somebody can help me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131110_151844.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	534253   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131110_151853.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	534254  
JavierSegura is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci

So only sound when you have the radio? How are you getting sound through the other inputs,
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
NumbaOneNewb

And are you running stock speakers? Do you have hk or non hk
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
Old 11-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
JavierSegura

Re: Android Navigation DVD, USB, Micro SD, iPod Radio. NO DIGITAL AUDIO

The only source to get sound is FM and AM.

In USB, SD, Disc, Bluetooth and iPod no sound, and the radio doesn't show any failure or error.

I'm totally sad, $500 in this powerful radio but it don't work properly.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 11-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
JavierSegura

The speakers are the original of the car.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
NumbaOneNewb

Did you hook up the remote wire? It would be blue on the decks side of the connector but it's white on the car side of the connector
Old 11-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
NumbaOneNewb

If you hooked up the remote to the blue wire on the car side it explains things. The blue wire on the car side is for powering the radio antenna
Old 11-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
NumbaOneNewb

Which on our cars is left not connected since our cars don't need that comnection
Old 11-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
JavierSegura

I don't cut any cable, with stock radio the FM reception was bad, I expected same result, in any case if FM problem has no solution I will buy a new universal powerful antena that works also for TV Module.

Right now the issue that I really want to solve is the lack of audio in digital inputs (USB, DVD, SD Card, etc...).
Old 11-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
scarede46er

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i ZSP
Stop getting chinese crap. The DAC on this would anyway not give you good sound especially when combined with the crappy amp/speakers of the E46. Return this, get a JVC/Pioneer 2DIN unit and upgrade the rest of your system when money allows.
scarede46er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
JavierSegura

I look for several options and related to functions and price that option for me was the best, it's like stock part. Also in my opinion the sound quality is good, just this problem in Digital Inputs.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #12
NumbaOneNewb

I'm not asking you to cut any cables. However you had to splice together the wires going from the deck to the car harness. The reason why you aren't receiving sound is because the stock amp in the back isn't being powered on. You need the blue remote wire on the deck side to be connected to whatever wire eventually corresponds with a white wire coming from the car harness. Just because you hooked up the wires up to the speaker doesnt mean it's going to work.

It would in a car where the stock deck sends amplified signals but our stock decks do not and send signals to an amplifier which then does the rest
Old 11-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #13
NumbaOneNewb

It's the same thing as hooking up RCA wires to your amp then speaker wires to your sub. If you don't run a remote wire to the amp, it's not going to produce any sound no matter how loud you turn it up
Old 11-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #14
eneka

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbaOneNewb View Post
It's the same thing as hooking up RCA wires to your amp then speaker wires to your sub. If you don't run a remote wire to the amp, it's not going to produce any sound no matter how loud you turn it up
+1 sounds like the amp turn on/remote wire isn't wired up correctly. (blue vs. blue/white)
Old 11-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #15
JavierSegura

I will check the remote cable as soon as I can, unfortunately tomorrow is monday and I have to work the hole week, but if possible I will check it some night.

Thanks to all for the support, any other doubt I will write here again maybe with some photos.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #16
JavierSegura

Just a question before my review: why if this issue can be caused by control line of amplifier, FM Radio Stations have sound?

Old 11-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #17
NumbaOneNewb

I'm sure I could come up with a bunch of technical terms to throw at you but until you confirm that's what it is, I can't be for sure
Old 11-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #18
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierSegura View Post
Just a question before my review: why if this issue can be caused by control line of amplifier, FM Radio Stations have sound?

PROBABLY...because unit sends 12V to an amp only in radio mode, because it is "power antenna" wire, not "remote on" wire. Those two wires do very similar things, altho one sends 12V out in all modes, and the other one, wrong one, the one you probably have connected sends out 12V only in radio mode.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #19
JavierSegura

As daki_bmw said, the problem is because the system only send the 12V in blue output only in Radio Tune mode. Now I just have to find another output to connect in white cable in car harness.

Thanks to all!!!

Old 11-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #20
NumbaOneNewb

I think you misunderstand us again. Ok, listen up. On the deck, wires should be labeled. If not refer to your manual. There are 2 wires coming from your deck that may seem questionable. One is for radio antenna signal power and one called remote. Wire the remote one to the oem connector that has white wire at the connector